Metal Storm logo
Skuggsjá - Ivar Bjørnson & Einar Selvik's Band Debuts Song

Here is a new song from Skuggsjá's debut album! The band features Enslaved guitarist/singer Ivar Bjørnson Peersen and drummer as well as Wardruna mainman Einar Selvik and their forthcoming debut full-length A Piece For Mind & Mirror, is due out on March 11th via Season Of Mist. But what does it sound like? The track "Kvervandi" is available here. You can hear it and tell us if you like it.

Artwork by Costin Chioreanu

Regarding "Kvervandi", Einar "Kvitrafn" Selvik comments on behalf of the band: "The word 'Kvervandi' means 'turning' or 'whirling' and is lyric-wise rather playfully displaying the various cycles of nature and of life from a Norse perspective. The song itself is heavy, slow moving, emotional and uncompromising just like the turning wheels of nature."

Here is another new song, for another example of their material:

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Skuggsjá
Posted: 29.01.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 122 users
29.01.2016 - 12:51
Nimlot
A. Reader
"Artwork by Costin Chioreanu"
It's hard to mistake Costin's style, but then again, if I were to guess Costin was responsible for the artwork of any recent major release, without having seen it, the odds would be in my favor.
29.01.2016 - 13:16
Kais

I've grown Viskispá on me with ease, so I can't wait for how the full-length material will pen out.
29.01.2016 - 13:36
s_t_s

Hmm didn't know what to expect so I listened to this track and I cannot hear anything heavy here... Sounds like some old religious chants to me in other words nothing too exciting.
29.01.2016 - 15:14
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Pretty much just sounds like a bit of a metallized version of Wardruna, really. I don't hear much Enslaved in the sound here, but then, I wasn't exactly expecting to, as they made it pretty clear that this project would be tilted heavily towards the more folk side of things.
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
29.01.2016 - 18:00
Unhealer
Eclecticist
Seeing this in London on March, along with Enslaved and Wardruna of course. Sounds great, can't wait
29.01.2016 - 23:15
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
Written by Nimlot on 29.01.2016 at 12:51

"Artwork by Costin Chioreanu"
It's hard to mistake Costin's style, but then again, if I were to guess Costin was responsible for the artwork of any recent major release, without having seen it, the odds would be in my favor.

He's certainly done a lot, this one still takes the cake for me though

----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
30.01.2016 - 00:51
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
As someone who loves Wardruna, I'm really digging this.
----

Hits total: 2388 | This month: 6