Metal Storm logo
Lost

Original post

Posted by iaberis, 16.03.2007 - 12:01
Since "Lost" is one of my favorite series, I was wondering if there are other people here watching this. In the TV here, they're showing the 2nd season, but through the great source of internet, I've downloaded ALL episodes!
Every time I am downloading an episode, I'm so anxious that I usually can't sleep in the night! So, here's a part of the forum, where we can all chat about this! Tell me your opinions! Tell us your favorite episodes, actors and everything you'd like to discuss about this excellent series!

01.02.2008 - 23:29
Spirit Molecule
spirit molecule
well im totally lost now

there is too much goin on,but it is really interesting,cant wait for the next episode

fuck i wish they release 10 episodes at a go
----
If you never wake up from a dream does it become reality?

Last fm
Don't click here
16.03.2008 - 00:46
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
"Whatever they came for, it isn't us."

This show is getting really frustrating... the people act so unrealistically that it conveniently keeps you guessing. The reasons they keep secrets to themselves always escapes me; there's always some new storyline or new character to distract you while the loose ends are flying everywhere, and nothing gets explained.

What the hell is that smoke monster? A security system?
Those blast door map notations: http://www.lostpedia.com/wiki/Blast_door_map_notations
And GHOSTS?! WTF!!! (Miles, the guy from the boat, is some kind of ghostbuster)
17.03.2008 - 22:45
Dark Blood
The Avenger
@ Introspekrieg everything, sooner or later, gets explained.. they just keep adding some more storylines, characters and secrets, you end up "lost" and forget the explanations for some other things, that at the time seemed more relevant but they're actually not.

I'm a big fan of Lost, but I must confess, for the first time (in season 4) I'm loosing some interest. I like the idea of the flash-forwards instead of the flash-backs though.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
26.03.2008 - 21:38
Tony Harrison
I have no arms..
Still addicted, although i'm having to stream season 4 online from the US. Even more so addicted at the moment since I've just learnt CBS have dropped Jericho.
----
This is an outrage...
31.03.2008 - 18:48
iaberis
Advice Troll
Yeah I'm still addicted too... I'm waiting for the next episode to be released...
I'm a bit angry though, since the last episodes they released, are from the worst ever. They just make episodes to extend the series, instead of continuing the story line. The whole 4 season is a total commercial shit...
----
Bitch! Please
22.04.2008 - 16:40
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
im a Lost ADdict! and i love it. Sawyer is my hero there yeah and i dont know about what happened to him and im waiting for s04e09 which i will download it at friday 9:?? in my time
10.05.2008 - 10:08
carlithrashinmad
Account deleted
I think most people, including me, liked it more before season 4...anyway is the greatest TV series I ve ever watch...I am in love with Kate...
07.11.2008 - 14:02
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
I'm addicted to Lost, i've watched all 4 seasons, caan't wait for the season 5 my favourite characters are Desmond, Jin and Sawyer.
07.11.2008 - 18:20
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Did you guys saw the season 5 trailer? http://www.tv.com/video/15297/season-5-trailer
It says the new episode will air 1/1/2009, but I don't know how accurate this information is.. sometimes the dates on tv.com are messed up.
----
It is humanity who must pay homage to the greatness of the Universe... not the Universe to the human narcissism.
08.04.2009 - 11:41
THE_BLACK_GOD
Account deleted
I was so happy cause of bastard ben's death. but he is still alive! I never liked kate at this movie and she convinced me to hate her again! Sawyer is my man on this serises.
01.02.2010 - 00:56
bloodwrage
Pagan Angel
I just started watching Lost a little while ago, and the entire first season was awesome. But now, fucking Michelle Rodriguez is on the show, and the writing has just sunk. Could someone tell me if it gets any better?
05.02.2010 - 06:28
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
Written by bloodwrage on 01.02.2010 at 00:56

I just started watching Lost a little while ago, and the entire first season was awesome. But now, fucking Michelle Rodriguez is on the show, and the writing has just sunk. Could someone tell me if it gets any better?

if you dislike michelle rodriguez, there is at least one episode to look forward to.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
07.02.2010 - 15:58
Graveheart
Written by bloodwrage on 01.02.2010 at 00:56

In seasons 2 and 3 there are many filler episodes that take a lot of patience to sit through, although both have their moments too. The pace gets a lot faster in season 4 and it's very close to being my favorite season after the first one. I'm one of the many people who feel rewarded for getting this far. I'm sure it's easier for you since all the episodes are already available so you don't have a whole week to wait for an episode where nothing happens relevant to the main plot. That is if you prefer to watch them in a marathon, of course.

As for M-Rod... I agree with BitterCOld.
24.05.2010 - 06:35
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
Elite
BOOOOOOOOOOO

What a cop out... I am honestly very disappointed but also unsurprised. I had a feeling they could never pull it all together without some cheesy deus ex machina.
26.05.2010 - 17:12
Dark Blood
The Avenger
I think they pulled out the series finale pretty well. Despite the unanswered questions still in the air and some details here and there, I liked it. I've been a fan since the beginning and I was very curious on how it would end, and I can say I'm satisfied with it.
----
27.05.2010 - 02:52
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Admin
I was fairly happy with it. no way could they resolve everything that needed resolution. they left it to a degree of interpretation. could have been a lot worse than a lot of other endings i recall...
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
28.05.2010 - 02:54
DreamWeaver
Elite
I cried.
----
31.05.2010 - 01:11
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
One of best sseries become worst one, wtf was that
one funny dialogue about lost:
betwen Lost and Me (i took myself in role)

Lost: look, it's about tropical island, but it's not ordinary island, there's time traveling, polar bears, misterious whispers, mosnter in shape of ghost...

Me: woah.. interesting... tell me more

Lost: There is also Dharma iniciative, a mystic group of scineces in search for some secerets with best technology of 70's. Coold on't u think..

Me: Awesome, what secretes they were in search for ?

Lost: Thats question for "others" they knew everything. those "others" r at siland since world.Sometimes they walk around dressed like savages, but they live in modern houses with nice technology.All new stuff, bio.-tehc etc...yea dude "others" are in center. And Ben is their Leader, he knows everythin.

Me: i see, and what Ben knows?

Lost: Who? Ben? He's just dude, nothing special, True Bosses are Vidmor and eloize. they have answres.

Me: Cool, Tell me more about them.

Lost: Unofortunly no time for that. let's go back in 70's when Dharma ruled island, cool, right?

Me: Totaly cool, so dharma they r ...

Lost: they are jsut some scientist's with their leader Alvaro Hanso, i think.they wnated to control electro magnetic force for research, time traveling, somethign like that. They r scientist with headuarters in En Arbour, and thats it

Me: oh... and who's that alvaro, he must have some great plan ?

Lost: alvar? lol no way just kiddin with ya. Let's go on thing it's short with time. In fact it's about jacob and hes twin brother who's at same time black smoke a monster. they live there for 2000 years. And all time playin chest where peaople are figures, there r rules they bring on their own and candidates which Jacob brings to islan and hes brothers kills them. Everything that happend till now it's cause of them.

Me: ooo yeah... tell me mroe about them ...

Lost: well, Jacob only does what hes mother told him, he doesn't know why but he doing all that. Hes mother is dead, in fact she wasn't hes mother cause she killed hes true mother. and Smoke wanna leave island, and thats all of this is happening.

Me:what then?

Lost: there on island is a light, see, thats golden underground light is all good of this world, jsut this light shapes ppl into monsters. Light can kill you or to make you immortal,.Something like that. And those light should be kept away from peaople. and not allow to be turned off, cause then world would be gone... thats light in in all of us but it's can be touched or something like that

Me: .... this becomes stupid...

Lost:is it? well check this now, here is one more reality where is everything better and nicer.Lock have a dad whop's good but paralized, Jack have a son but with who dunno. and sawey and miles are cops.

Me: how the fuck that?

Lost:well thats not even importen, importen thing is that jack's destiny to sacrifice hes life for worlds good to kill smoke monster.

Me: how can he kill moster of ghost???

Lost: well it's easy to do it, jsut turn offf Light and hes not immortal anymore.

Me:wait a minute, you said if he turn off light we r all gone to hell...

Lost: thats a jsut joke, it's simple u just just turn off light kill ghost and turn it on.. easy.

Me: What???

Lost: but thats not metter at all point is that Jack and other that survived plane crash just hang on on island become good friends and die one by one and one day , they gather in some collection center or something

Me: what the fuck u talkin about, what center now ?

Lost:look, all ofs go thr, when we die.. all of us die once, same a ajck and friend lived, died, smiled, relaxed moved on...

Me: moved on ... where???

Lost: dunno, heaven hell after life, fuck it who knows

Me: and then?

Lost: no Then, thats it , Ain't this great story?

Me: waith a minute. What happend with "others" why they kidnape kids, and killed candidates? What was dharma searching, is atomic bombs explode or not, watts with time traveling, watts with Volt .... why did we spend 6 years for this?????????'

Lost: THE END

Me:
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
03.06.2010 - 01:58
kesh
Account deleted
Great series, alot of loose ends, like why did the others wear beards? Eko, etc. But i'll miss it.

03.06.2010 - 02:25
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
The ending was indeed a total cop-out; refused to explain most of the issues of the entire series, but it was such a gleefully happy ending it kind of didn't matter really. The first two seasons were the highlight and the following two were the worst with the fifth season picking up significantly. The final season was so simple to follow it kind of worked and it had lots of the smoke monster showing up (but lacked appearances by the polar bear which disappointed me).

In summary: thank God for Locke and Ben, they made the whole series, with Hugo being a pretty awesome "dude"
03.06.2010 - 08:49
Uirapuru
Liver Failure
Written by Guest on 03.06.2010 at 01:58

Great series, alot of loose ends, like why did the others wear beards? Eko, etc. But i'll miss it.

Man I was about to post that exact same gif!

Excellent.
----

----
member of the true crusade against old school heavy metal, early 80s thrash, NWOBHM, traditional doom, first and second wave black metal, old school death metal, US power metal, 70s prog rock and atmospheric doomsludgestoner. o/
04.06.2010 - 17:56
kesh
Account deleted
Written by Uirapuru on 03.06.2010 at 08:49

Written by Guest on 03.06.2010 at 01:58

Man I was about to post that exact same gif!

Excellent.

Yea, probably the best explaination i've heard.

I think with Ben not joining the final group into "heaven" or whatever was kind of opening it up for there been many other subplots and things going on that wasn't shown in the seasons. Kind of making the parts shown on Lost to be a narrower interpretation of a bigger, more complicated picture. That can't be made sense of without another 50 seasons and a far more boring plot. People have always liked mysteries, so i think that's why the writers have still left plenty.
05.06.2010 - 11:23
Dark Blood
The Avenger
Written by Guest on 04.06.2010 at 17:56

Yea, probably the best explaination i've heard.

I think with Ben not joining the final group into "heaven" or whatever was kind of opening it up for there been many other subplots and things going on that wasn't shown in the seasons. Kind of making the parts shown on Lost to be a narrower interpretation of a bigger, more complicated picture. That can't be made sense of without another 50 seasons and a far more boring plot. People have always liked mysteries, so i think that's why the writers have still left plenty.

Yeah. I also think one of the reasons they didn't tied all loose ends its because they didn't actually had the time for it and I guess they just wanted to focus on what was most important, and leave the rest as it is.
True that I was hoping for some other answers, but I still liked it. The only thing that wasn't necessary IMO was Jacob's episode... They spent an entire episode just to explain what was the smoke monster... All other things in that episode were irrelevant IMO. I felt it was such a waste.
----
20.12.2010 - 14:50
JD
Account deleted
Written by Powerslavex on 07.11.2008 at 14:02

I'm addicted to Lost, i've watched all 4 seasons, caan't wait for the season 5 my favourite characters are Desmond, Jin and Sawyer.

I'm also addicted to Lost, i watched the first 5 seasons, but i still did NOT watched the final season, my favorite characters is Jack, i don't know if anyone noticed he was listning to Nirvana in his van
21.12.2010 - 11:45
Powerslavex
Alexskywalker
Written by Guest on 20.12.2010 at 14:50

Written by Powerslavex on 07.11.2008 at 14:02

I'm also addicted to Lost, i watched the first 5 seasons, but i still did NOT watched the final season, my favorite characters is Jack, i don't know if anyone noticed he was listning to Nirvana in his van

ohh that was before i watched the last 2 seasons man its one of the best shows i've ever seen, ohh and jack is awesome