Bands

Who was there?

Ocean Sage 100%

All dates of this tour

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 5 users
31.01.2016 - 22:10
Ocean Sage

Best show ever. I missed Power Trip, Deafheaven killed it, Anthrax was perfect, and Lamb of God was so hyped up and energetic.
01.02.2016 - 23:19
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Ocean Sage on 31.01.2016 at 22:10

Best show ever. I missed Power Trip, Deafheaven killed it, Anthrax was perfect, and Lamb of God was so hyped up and energetic.

How did the crowd take to Deafheaven? How in the world did they get hooked up with those other bands?
----
rekt
02.02.2016 - 01:04
Ocean Sage

Written by tea[m]ster on 01.02.2016 at 23:19

Written by Ocean Sage on 31.01.2016 at 22:10

How did the crowd take to Deafheaven? How in the world did they get hooked up with those other bands?

Of the several hundred people in the crowd, only like 50 people enjoyed them (myself being one of them). They did get 1 mosh pit going during their encore "Dream House." The vast majority of people were quite obviously there for Lamb of God only. Even for Anthrax, like half the audience didn't dig it. Damn near everyone stood still with a few bobbing their heads along and a couple drunk guys freaked out.

I was not really a fan previously, but I was open-minded and they honestly won over me over. The singer and drummer were super into it. I just bought Sunbather and New Bermuda. I liked that they made the billing more diverse and interesting sonically, but it was awkward seeing most people not give a fuck about them at all.

As to how they got in the lineup, I think the singer said either Anthrax or Lamb of God requested them specifically and that they're friends now. So, I bet the bands were fans.
02.02.2016 - 01:56
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Ocean Sage on 02.02.2016 at 01:04

Of the several hundred people in the crowd, only like 50 people enjoyed them (myself being one of them). They did get 1 mosh pit going during their encore "Dream House." The vast majority of people were quite obviously there for Lamb of God only. Even for Anthrax, like half the audience didn't dig it. Damn near everyone stood still with a few bobbing their heads along and a couple drunk guys freaked out.

I was not really a fan previously, but I was open-minded and they honestly won over me over. The singer and drummer were super into it. I just bought Sunbather and New Bermuda. I liked that they made the billing more diverse and interesting sonically, but it was awkward seeing most people not give a fuck about them at all.

As to how they got in the lineup, I think the singer said either Anthrax or Lamb of God requested them specifically and that they're friends now. So, I bet the bands were fans.

Nice explanation. Sums it up perfectly. BTW, this "story" reminds me of the "Clash Of The Titans" tour in 1990 that me and my brother saw at the Marcus Amphitheater. It was Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer...and...and...Alice In Chains! They opened up...got booed mercifully by the quarter of the crowd that was there for the opener. Funny world, AIC and that ilk was the end for most of those kinds of bands.
----
rekt
02.02.2016 - 02:25
Ocean Sage

Written by tea[m]ster on 02.02.2016 at 01:56

Written by Ocean Sage on 02.02.2016 at 01:04

Nice explanation. Sums it up perfectly. BTW, this "story" reminds me of the "Clash Of The Titans" tour in 1990 that me and my brother saw at the Marcus Amphitheater. It was Anthrax, Megadeth, Slayer...and...and...Alice In Chains! They opened up...got booed mercifully by the quarter of the crowd that was there for the opener. Funny world, AIC and that ilk was the end for most of those kinds of bands.

Thank you! I feel like Deafheaven really do have a genre stigma that will likely follow them for some time. They are not brutal enough for black metal fans, yet they are too heavy for the shoegaze, post-rock crowd. They still win in the end as many publications and reviewers praise them like no other. Oh well, I did hear that Alice in Chains story from an interview with Jerry Cantrell before! Interesting to hear the 90's alternative rock/metal bands retrospective on that transition period for metal.

I remember laughing at Jerry saying the same guys that used to hail them with bottles, loved them when the hit "Man in the Box" eventually came out and sounded heavier than all the other bands then. I'm still a fan of those "grunge" groups. It's so cool to see Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains do so well again recently with their respective comebacks.

Hits total: 669 | This month: 5