Band: The Bereaved
Album: Inverted Icons
Style: Gothenburg metal
Release date: November 2002

01. Hollow Child
02. Silverspoon
03. Angels Ablaze
04. Lines In Shape

Clone is a band hailing for Sweden and like a lot of their compatriots, they're playing Melodic Death Metal, or Melodeath if you like.
Clone (which is no longer the name of the band, but we'll get to that later), lies between Dark Tranquillity and Children Of Bodom, but worry not that these guys aren't a clone of the aftermentioned band, even if the name says so.

To be honest with you, I found this 4 song Demo quite good actually, to be newcomers, Clone really got a grasp of what it takes to make it in the business, the Demo, besides being well produced oozes with professionalism and great musicianship, the songs are catchy yet very aggressive, from the opener "Hollow Child" you're in for a speed fest, filled with great riffs, excellent vocal delivery and nice keyboards.

The keyboards are mostly in the back giving atmosphere to the sound, the band gave more priority to the guitars, displaying amazing solos, like the one in "Lines In Shape" a great melodic guitar solo, it will stick in your mind for weeks, and will give you something to headbang.

Ok, maybe I'm overreacting here, I mean, this Demo is good, but to be honest here, these guys aren't doing nothing new here, but at least they're doing it good, I've listened thousands of Melodeath bands that only try to copy well established acts of the genre.

As an update, and as I was saying at the beginning of this review, Clone no longer goes by that name, they are "The Bereaved" now, and they've inked a record deal with Black Lotus Records from Greece, so expect soon a full length from The Bereaved, (ex-Clone), and I'm pretty sure the full-length will rock as hard as this demo did.

Written by Undercraft | 08.05.2004

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 3 users
07.02.2016 - 03:30
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Test, test

@Lex if this works feel free delete this one, I mean linking review as we speak
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing

Hits total: 1644 | This month: 6