Metal Storm logo
Sonata Arctica - Working On New Album, Announce Tour

Sonata Arctica are focusing on their new album already. The Finns released their latest album two years ago, Pariah's Child, and also revisited Ecliptica for its 15th anniversary edition. Now, it's time to focus on something new. Apart from working on their new album, they announced the first part of their European Tour for 2016. As with Pariah's Child, the as yet untitled upcoming ninth studio album will be recorded at Studio 57.

"At the moment we're taking a break from the recording of our 9th studio album and heading out with Nightwish for a couple of months in North America. When we get back we're more or less going straight into the studio to continue working on the album," comments keyboard player Henrik "Henkka" Klingenberg.

"As far as the musical direction of the album, it's really too early to say how it will turn out. Having said that, I expect the usual Sonata Arctica trademarks to be found on it. We will however get this album done in time for a fall release and we'll tell you all more as things progress..."

The US tour will kick off on February 19th in Sayreville, New Jersey, wrapping up in New York City on April 3rd.

Directly alongside the release of the new album, Sonata Arctica will hit the road again, supported by their Swedish fellows Twilight Force. "We're all really looking forward to finishing our new studio album and taking the songs on the road. This time we'll start in Europe before heading on to the rest of the world. As always, you can expect a energetic show with new stuff as well as some old favourites," states the band.

Shows:

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: Sonata Arctica
Posted: 12.02.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 119 users
13.02.2016 - 00:06
The Evergreen

Fine, I'll ruin it early:
I hope it sounds like Unia.

Really, I'd not only be okay with that, I'd love it. Just not another Stones... Even another Days would be cool to me.
13.02.2016 - 03:15
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Pariah's Child was amazing. SA are my favorite band of all time and it's great to know that they are still capable of writing excellent music.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
13.02.2016 - 04:39
mikeprado30

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 13.02.2016 at 03:15

Pariah's Child was amazing.

I agree. I liked this album so much. I hope their next album will be in the same vein or even better
----
BARDS WE ARE, BARDS WE WILL BE!
13.02.2016 - 07:21
Stunning Cactus

There were some gems on the latest. I think we can expect the same from this one.
13.02.2016 - 11:24
Kais

I'm not sure what to expect of this, I'll be honest.
13.02.2016 - 16:34
FeskarN

The last album was much better than Stones. Lets hope they contintue on that path this time
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!

Hits total: 1954 | This month: 2