Metal Storm logo
Týr - Drummer Leaves Band

Faroese Vikings Týr have lost their drummer Amon Djurhuus Ellingsgaard who served them as a fill-in drummer back in 2008, and became a permanent member in 2013. For the time being, Amon will continue to be a member of Heljareyga, the brainchild of Týr's vocalist and guitarist Heri Joensen.

Amon posted about his departure from Týr on his Facebook page: "I regret to announce that I will resign as a member of Týr. It has proven difficult to make time for touring and rehearsal with a full time occupation on the side, as well as children and bills to pay. I will not retreat from the metal scene entirely, since I am still member of two other bands, The Happening and Heljareyga. Thanks to the lads of Týr for the time and best wishes for the future, thanks to all who came to our shows during my time as drummer and thanks to all the great people I've met on tour. Hope to see you all again sometime."

The band stated: "As we bid farewell to Amon Djurhuus Ellingsgaard and wish him best of luck, we say welcome to Waltteri Väyrynen, who will play the drums at our upcoming shows. He's played shows with us before, with great success."

Týr have been working on a new album as well.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Týr
Posted: 14.02.2016 by Kais

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 28 users
15.02.2016 - 23:48
Ruchesko

Bummer. Here's hoping they don't run a Faroese-only recruitment policy.
18.02.2016 - 21:01
Kais

Written by Ruchesko on 15.02.2016 at 23:48

Bummer. Here's hoping they don't run a Faroese-only recruitment policy.

They announced the temporary replacement would be a Finnish drummer named Walttari.
19.02.2016 - 01:08
Ruchesko

Written by Kais on 18.02.2016 at 21:01

They announced the temporary replacement would be a Finnish drummer named Walttari.

Glad to hear it. Nordic or not, there can't be many competent metal drummers in a country of 50,000 people.
19.02.2016 - 01:38
Kais

Written by Ruchesko on 19.02.2016 at 01:08

Written by Kais on 18.02.2016 at 21:01

Glad to hear it. Nordic or not, there can't be many competent metal drummers in a country of 50,000 people.

I know there was some demand by the fans to bring back the previous drummer Kari. I'm not sure how that will pen out.

Hits total: 1975 | This month: 2