04. Let There Be Light
05. Le Pire
06. Fade
07. Carnage
08. La Transe
09. I (The Song Of The One)
10. Pandore
11. Fleau

In 2002, the guys of Fixxx were finalist of the French Emerganza festival where the combo won the title of the best promising band. In 2003, the band released its first album "Sang-Froid" which already got some good positive reviews but today we will talk about their last release, "Clair / Obscur", a nice album which mixes with a great ability a lot of different influences. If you like dark atmospheres and modern music, this is something for you probably?

One can say that Fixxx plays modern music, or even modern Metal. The band mixes Gothic with Indus and Experimental sounds. Actually, Fixxx is a bit like a funky (modern) Paradise Lost (when they're really electronic) that you can also compare to the French band FFF (some of you in France will maybe remember this name). Their songs are in general a bit atmospheric, in French or English with some cool choruses and dark melodies. The music of Fixxx can be heavy really but not but brutal but also really cool slow. With this album, it's above all a matter of ambiances before anything else and when you'll listen to a killer like "Let There Be Light" you'll quickly understand that there is something hypnotic in the music of this young French combo. It's really impressive and on a side disturbing.

I don't have the real CD with me, only a promotional one and when I see the quality of the artwork, the press book etc, it's obvious that the band is extremely professional and serious. Plus, the recording is extremely good. We cannot find any problem with the sound and the electronic sounds are perfectly mixed with the other instruments. All in all, "Clair / Obscur" is a really nice piece of music with some beautiful songs full of emotion and also with intelligent and well-written lyrics.

"Clair / Obscur" is the confirmation that Fixxx is a really promising young band from France. Original and surprising their music will please all the ones who are a bit open minded. If you like industrial sounds and gothic or just like cool music, have a look on this release and it should be a good surprise for you.

Rating breakdown
Performance: 8
Songwriting: 7
Originality: 8
Production: 9

Written by Jeff | 18.03.2007

Comments

Comments: 1   Visited by: 3 users
18.03.2007 - 23:57
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Haha, my band is in the Emerganza competition in Sweden We've just got some more semi-finals to win..

Hits total: 2929 | This month: 5