Metal Storm logo
How do you feel about Avenged Sevenfold?

Poll

Your view of Avenged Sevenfold?

Mediocre/Indifferent
My guilty pleasure
Suck & are only for posers and teenagers
They are great I'm a fan and love them
They are good but over rated

Total votes: 31
18.02.2016 - 18:16
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
Based upon the one album i've heard & reviewed, i;m indifferent to bored by them. no desire to check out their back catalog.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
18.02.2016 - 21:45
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Not my thing, completely neutral.
----
rekt
18.02.2016 - 23:58
SilverScreen

I saw them open for Metallica in 2006. They just seemed like a band going through the motions and had no real interest in being there. Their music also comes across as style over substance.
----
Last FM
19.02.2016 - 05:43
Cynic Metalhead
Paisa Vich Nasha
Got to know when their drummer passed away. I remember it was a big fucking thing at that point of time. MTV, VH1 services were paying tribute heavily on their streams and people were quite senti about it.

I heard them and thought it's like a clone of Linkin Park(back then, LP was massive group).
23.02.2016 - 21:37
Rasputin

Would be a decent band if they spent time playing their instruments to their full potential, instead of winning over High School kids who think Asking Alexandria is Brutal.
28.02.2016 - 14:35
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Mediocre/Indifferent

Band what can be best of.... I hate this band in a days , nu metal suxer metal and so on ... but then some tunes on radio was OK, I wont but an album , but if on radio, car what so ever, I can listen it ....
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
29.02.2016 - 09:36
Vasil de Shumen

Very very talented band...
especially The Rev
R.I.P.
29.02.2016 - 11:14
Sang Dalang Abu

Suck & are only for posers and teenagers.

I hate this band when my friend being a posers. He said The Rev is better than Portnoy and Synyster is better than Steve Vai.
Fuck posers.
01.03.2016 - 01:53
Overrwatcher

Probably the most bland and generic band I have ever heard, and I'm someone who listens to that kind of music. Nothing about their music stands out at all, nothing they have done is unique, and I can't remember a single riff or verse in any of their songs. Not to mention that I personally can't stand M. Shadows's vocals.

They aren't *bad*, they're just a band I legitimately forget exists despite being a fan of the New Wave Of American Heavy Metal sound.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
01.03.2016 - 05:19
Maco
Pvt Funderground
One of those bands I should have listened to first when I was a newbie, but for some reason I never bothered to do it. Probably because I was already listening Pantera and after that I went deeper and deeper.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
04.03.2016 - 10:05
Sang Dalang Abu

Written by Maco on 01.03.2016 at 05:19

One of those bands I should have listened to first when I was a newbie, but for some reason I never bothered to do it. Probably because I was already listening Pantera and after that I went deeper and deeper.

That was nice

And just don't say Rev is better than Portnoy, and Synyster is better than Jimi, etc. . . .
09.03.2016 - 13:36
Jtbmetal123

Heres How I feel about them.

I think they give metal great exposure in certain places it never gets. Call of duty for example. High Tide Raises all ships guys. I think they have a great musicianship as well. I saw them live and they killed it. Im not the biggest fan of them but they are more of a guilty pleasure.
10.03.2016 - 00:45
Gordon Freeman

Not really that into them. But like most heavy music I'll gladly head bang along if a friend or some thing puts them on.

And I don't really see why you'd need to feel ashamed for liking what you like. Peer pressure is for the kids.
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
01.05.2016 - 04:58
Kennoth

They have always been around, and yet for some reason, despite liking similar music, I never got the urge to start listening to them. Maybe that changes in the future, who knows. I think they're okay, but I'm not a fan.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
12.05.2016 - 18:08
xNGM

They were my gateway band into metal, so I can't really hate on them. They are probably the reason that I discovered even better music back then. So I still listen to some of their songs and albums from time to time because of nostalgic reasons. But I'm not that much of a fan anymore. They are still really good musicians though, who knows how to use their instruments.

A thing that might turn people against them are their fanbase, who can get a bit annoying. To say the least.
12.05.2016 - 21:43
Espada

Shitty teenage band, I hate when I ask people a simple question when I know they're allegedly into metal: "What bands are your favorite?" "Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot". Then I know that person is lost and there is no redemption for him.
13.05.2016 - 12:12
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Espada on 12.05.2016 at 21:43

Shitty teenage band, I hate when I ask people a simple question when I know they're allegedly into metal: "What bands are your favorite?" "Avenged Sevenfold, Slipknot". Then I know that person is lost and there is no redemption for him.

Limp Bizkit would be near the top of my favourite bands. Do I get redemption?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
14.05.2016 - 00:23
Espada

There is no hope also.
16.05.2016 - 07:52
Ganondox

The guitar work is good in terms of technical skill and individual riffs and solos, but I don't like the way they are put together, the songwriting isn't as good. Comes across as bit of a riff salad. Also, while the singer is technically quite talented, I find his voice extremely annoying, too nasal and trying to stuff too many notes into one syllable were it doesn't fit the feel of the song. So overall I guess they're pretty good, if kinda generic, but I don't particularly like them.
18.05.2016 - 07:54
Kennoth

You're so edgy I could shave off my beard with your post.
----
*insert something deep and profound*
18.05.2016 - 08:28
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Kennoth on 18.05.2016 at 07:54

You're so edgy I could shave off my beard with your post.

I like how he said 'allegedly into metal'. Like listening to certain bands means you realy aren't.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
23.05.2016 - 19:53
MrEdu3

A great band, except the last album.
I've shame because the stupid teen fans, ahsuhaush.