Metal Storm logo
Skuggsjá - Entire Debut Album Streaming Online

The time has come to listen to Skuggsjá's entire debut album, A Piece For Mind & Mirror. Skuggsjá is the collaboration between Ivar Bjørnson (Enslaved) and Einar Selvik (Wardruna). Their debut full-length hits stores next week on March 11th via Season Of Mist but you can listen to what these two have created together below, in advance.

Einar Selvik: "So here it is in its entirety! There are many things I could say about the album and its diverse material, but in the end I think it is best to let the music speak for itself. Writing these songs together with Ivar has truly been a highly inspirational and fruitful journey for me and I can only hope that it comes across and is notably reflected in the music also."

Ivar Bjørnson: "Turning the live piece Skuggsjá into an album has been an amazing journey. I am privileged to have made it alongside Einar and the team that has helped us fulfill our common vision. I am immensely proud of the conceptual and musical story we have made. It has become something more than the sum of the pieces added together; that alone feels like an achievement. Cheers!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Skuggsjá
Posted: 02.03.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 63 users
02.03.2016 - 17:02
corrupt
With a lowercase c
admin
Too bad it's like 70% Wardruna and only about 30% Enslaved. I would have loved it the other way round.

Edit: Aaactually it's more like 70% Wardruna, 25% Enslaved and 5% Firefly.
----
02.03.2016 - 18:43
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Will anyone be going to the Ensaved/Wardruna London Weekender? I've just added these shows to the site. Definately looking forward to this album later.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

02.03.2016 - 19:25
Kais
Pretty good stuff.
03.03.2016 - 21:47
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
elite
This sounds more like "Wardruna featuring Enslaved" than anything else. Not necessarily saying that that's a bad thing, but people going into this looking for an Enslaved sound may end up somewhat disappointed
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
03.03.2016 - 21:53
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Alakazam on 02.03.2016 at 18:43

Will anyone be going to the Ensaved/Wardruna London Weekender? I've just added these shows to the site. Definately looking forward to this album later.

I was going to go, because I thought it was going to be Wardruna and Enslaved but under some pretentious title (Skuggsjá) but after finding out it's just going to be this Skuggsjá stuff I'm not gonna bother, as it seems pretty dull to me.
05.03.2016 - 17:31
Alakazam
spendin' cheese
Written by Guest on 03.03.2016 at 21:53

I was going to go, because I thought it was going to be Wardruna and Enslaved but under some pretentious title (Skuggsjá) but after finding out it's just going to be this Skuggsjá stuff I'm not gonna bother, as it seems pretty dull to me.

According to their website it (hopefully considering how much this cost) will be all three playing separately. Since Enslaved are doing three consecutive shows spanning their entire career and this happens to be the Ruun - onwards one. Hope this helps. ^_^

Yeah I haven't listened to Wardruna for years and barely remember it, however it definitely was more engaging than what Skuggs tried to do.
----
I may not have the largest collection but I certainly have the absolute best

05.03.2016 - 17:40
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by Alakazam on 05.03.2016 at 17:31

According to their website it (hopefully considering how much this cost) will be all three playing separately. Since Enslaved are doing three consecutive shows spanning their entire career and this happens to be the Ruun - onwards one. Hope this helps. ^_^

Yeah I haven't listened to Wardruna for years and barely remember it, however it definitely was more engaging than what Skuggs tried to do.

In that case I'll keep it in mind. I'm fairly poor at the moment though due to jobs messing me about but I might be sorted by that date!

Hits total: 1933 | This month: 7