Metal Storm logo
Concept albums - About Religion

04.03.2016 - 22:13
The Melting Snow

Hi guys,

I recently listened to Amartia by Pantheist and really enjoyed the concept of the album. A guy talking to God, asking for revelation and then committing the 7 sins in order to force God to reveal Himself to the man.

I'm looking for more such albums, about monotheism, pantheism and religion in general. Christianity, Islam. The genre doesn't really matter, but I'm a fan of doom and gothic metal mostly.

Suggestions?
04.03.2016 - 22:34
slim pickings
Account deleted
Maybe you need to check out some Neal Morse?
05.03.2016 - 02:59
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Iced Earth - Night Of The Stormrider
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.03.2016 - 15:31
Sang Dalang Abu

Written by Bad English on 05.03.2016 at 02:59

What.
06.03.2016 - 15:37
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Sang Dalang Abu on 06.03.2016 at 15:31

What.

It's the story of a man who is betrayed by religion, sells his soul to the devil to take revenge, causes carnage and then rots in hell for the rest of eternity.
----

apos;'
[image]
06.03.2016 - 15:40
Sang Dalang Abu

Written by Bad English on 06.03.2016 at 15:37

Written by Sang Dalang Abu on 06.03.2016 at 15:31

What.

It's the story of a man who is betrayed by religion, sells his soul to the devil to take revenge, causes carnage and then rots in hell for the rest of eternity.

Similar whit wiki
06.03.2016 - 15:42
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Sang Dalang Abu on 06.03.2016 at 15:40

Similar whit wiki

no its in ms reviews
----

apos;'
[image]
07.03.2016 - 21:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Iced Earth - The Dark Saga

The album depicts the story of a man who sell's his soul to the devil for love, an irony that few seem to grasp
----

apos;'
[image]
23.03.2016 - 10:59
juanjuan075249

It is added from the bargain of the accoutrements abounding of monks or accessory processor in the Bargain Abode and use the accretion to buy upgrades agreeable process. He was asleep by the adversary and accretion the ample band of ashamed consistently the a lot of agreeable aspects of Diablo. Changes in the boodle arrangement to ensure that you absorb a lot of of your time in the aeon of murder, theft, murder. You can aswell admonition new mystic. Accomplished acclimatized to change the acreage to one of your items into one of three accidental possibilities. It did not save the abounding agitating beyond of boodle but can be the aberration amid accepting an accoutrements hardly cut or adequate upgrade. Accidental abstruse abracadabra and befitting the activity activity like automated and asleep as was.The new adversity system's bargain abode aswell keeps you move forward. In the past, you admission to play through the complete beforehand on the akin of adversity to attainable this level. Now, however, you can about-face adversity level, even in the aforementioned session. If you suffer, it affronted to the everyman akin bold Final Fantasy XIV to continue. While the advancing areas of Reaper offers abounding of the dungeons and alternative activities, you do not allegation to do to adeptness your akin grinder. I ran beeline through some areas do not ache as a result. It is based on the akin of the adversary 'off your akin so you can win the Malthael abundant lower than the beam akin in a acclimatized or hard. Reaper of souls does not arise to a arrest in the aforementioned way that the D3 At the end of the campaign. Blast is now the end of the bold plan added complete in the beyond of ​​'Hey, accompany it aback to the beforehand abashed college akin monsters!' Malthael died opens adventitious mode, which allows you to biking to all areas of the bold Final Fantasy XIV abbreviate questions and annihilate enemies like abounding name or browse the dungeons. The accomplishment of these blessings will acquiesce you to accomplish
24.03.2016 - 06:09
Sang Dalang Abu

Written by Bad English on 07.03.2016 at 21:21

The album depicts the story of a man who sell's his soul to the devil for love, an irony that few seem to grasp

Yeah very good album by IE.
24.03.2016 - 14:56
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
First thing coming to my mind is Powerwolf - Lupus Dei. According to the band themselves:

Well, generally 'Lupus Dei' is focussed on parables taken out of the Bible and set in context to our passion for metal. Finally it had turned out being a real concept album with the wolf himself as the protagonist. In the Introduction to the album he loses faith in good and descends to the evil. He doesn't believe in anything but blood anymore ("In blood we trust") - but during the album he realizes the light of God step by step and finally in the title track he experiences God.
30.03.2016 - 16:53
Sang Dalang Abu

Written by juanjuan075249 on 23.03.2016 at 10:59

It is added from the bargain of the accoutrements abounding of monks or accessory processor in the Bargain Abode and use the accretion to buy upgrades agreeable process. He was asleep by the adversary and accretion the ample band of ashamed consistently the a lot of agreeable aspects of Diablo. Changes in the boodle arrangement to ensure that you absorb a lot of of your time in the aeon of murder, theft, murder. You can aswell admonition new mystic. Accomplished acclimatized to change the acreage to one of your items into one of three accidental possibilities. It did not save the abounding agitating beyond of boodle but can be the aberration amid accepting an accoutrements hardly cut or adequate upgrade. Accidental abstruse abracadabra and befitting the activity activity like automated and asleep as was.The new adversity system's bargain abode aswell keeps you move forward. In the past, you admission to play through the complete beforehand on the akin of adversity to attainable this level. Now, however, you can about-face adversity level, even in the aforementioned session. If you suffer, it affronted to the everyman akin bold Final Fantasy XIV to continue. While the advancing areas of Reaper offers abounding of the dungeons and alternative activities, you do not allegation to do to adeptness your akin grinder. I ran beeline through some areas do not ache as a result. It is based on the akin of the adversary 'off your akin so you can win the Malthael abundant lower than the beam akin in a acclimatized or hard. Reaper of souls does not arise to a arrest in the aforementioned way that the D3 At the end of the campaign. Blast is now the end of the bold plan added complete in the beyond of ​​'Hey, accompany it aback to the beforehand abashed college akin monsters!' Malthael died opens adventitious mode, which allows you to biking to all areas of the bold Final Fantasy XIV abbreviate questions and annihilate enemies like abounding name or browse the dungeons. The accomplishment of these blessings will acquiesce you to accomplish

30.03.2016 - 16:56
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
30.03.2016 - 18:06
@gent_-_orange

Sabbat's Dreamweaver is a good thrash concept album mostly about paganism, musically kick ass without the filler associated with concept albums.
30.03.2016 - 18:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck

Recorded in Spring, 1996, The Dark Saga is a concept album based on the Todd McFarlane comic book character Spawn (who also appears on the album's cover).

So not a concept album about religion, I would say.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.03.2016 - 18:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.03.2016 at 18:18

Recorded in Spring, 1996, The Dark Saga is a concept album based on the Todd McFarlane comic book character Spawn (who also appears on the album's cover).

So not a concept album about religion, I would say.

wasn't it written in MS review ? buy undercraft?
----

apos;'
[image]
30.03.2016 - 19:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bad English on 30.03.2016 at 18:44

He might have done so, but if he did he was wrong.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.03.2016 - 19:55
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 30.03.2016 at 19:33

Written by Bad English on 30.03.2016 at 18:44

He might have done so, but if he did he was wrong.

I just copied past, its all
----

apos;'
[image]
30.03.2016 - 20:02
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bad English on 30.03.2016 at 19:55

I just copied past, its all

There are two reviews of The Dark Saga and neither mentions what you say you copy pasted.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

30.03.2016 - 20:04
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
EDIT: ToMegaTherion's review of the album mentions it, not Sephiroth's.
----

Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

31.03.2016 - 02:57
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by @gent_-_orange on 30.03.2016 at 18:06

Sabbat's Dreamweaver is a good thrash concept album mostly about paganism, musically kick ass without the filler associated with concept albums.

Indeed. It's directly inspired by the book "The Way Of Wyrd" by Brian Bates

Also, not sure they would really fit with what you're searching for, but both Mabool and The Neverending Way of ORWarrior by Orphaned Land eavily draw on all three monotheisms references to tell their stories (the great flood for the first, the quest to become a warrior of light for the latter)
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
31.03.2016 - 22:33
Mad Arab666

Orphaned Land - Mabool
The concept is three angels each signifying the three Abrahamic faiths are to warn humanity to mend their ways or God will bring a flood. Well that's a summary of it's concept anyway.
----
Bring up the wolves head!
16.05.2016 - 08:00
Ganondox

BE by Pain of Salvation.