Metal Storm logo
Royal Hunt - Part Ways With Singer John West

Posted on the official website on March 16th:

Royal Hunt and John West have decided that at this time (after numerous albums and concert tours) they are no longer able to contribute creatively to each other's future musical development. It's been a hell of a ride, but both parties feel like it is about time to move on and explore different musical paths - therefore, they mutually agreed to part ways as of March 16th, 2007.

"We're not ruling out possible future collaborations for a joint venture or a side project" - André and John state - "but it won't be under the RH moniker."

John had joined Royal Hunt in 1999 during the recording of the "Fear" album and he worked with the band until our latest release - live CD/DVD "Royal Hunt 2006." We'd like to express our gratitude to John for a great 8-year run and we wish him all the best in his future endeavors.

Source: royalhunt.com
Band profile: Royal Hunt
Posted: 19.03.2007 by wrathchild

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 9 users
19.03.2007 - 20:56
GT
Coffee!!
To bad...he was a good singer. Hope the replacement will be just as good
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
19.03.2007 - 23:42
Hyvaarin

It's the bands John West rejects that make John West the best.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
19.03.2007 - 23:59
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Well...
I listened to John West today. A whole Royal Hunt album, for the first time in like... half a year?
And he departs today?
scary...
20.03.2007 - 02:19
Danigar

Oh no thats sad news, firt Cooper and now West, I doubt they will ever get a good replacement as those two, but well... and I really love this band btw, its too bad they cant have a regular singer
20.03.2007 - 11:57
Opium
Account deleted
Written by Hyvaarin on 19.03.2007 at 23:42

It's the bands John West rejects that make John West the best.

LOL, damn you, I was going to type the same thing Joel!

This is bad news, but definitely understandable, of course I hope they find a decent replacement, too.

Hits total: 4087 | This month: 1