Metal Storm logo
Dark Funeral - Reveal New Album Cover, Title, More

Dark Funeral finally spilled the beans on their long-awaited new album. The follow-up to the 2009 album Angelus Exuro Pro Eternus will be called Where Shadows Forever Reign and drops in a store near you on June 3rd, 2016 via Century Media Records. Six years later and after a few line-up changes, the Swedish black metallers return. Feast your eyes on the cover art (by Necrolord) below and start anticipating the music.

Lord Ahriman comments: "Wow, did 6 years pass already? Time surely flies fast! But you know what, we're back! Dark Funeral is back! And in true Dark Funeral spirit, like so many times in the past, we continue to push all boundaries musically & bring Black Metal into a new, fresh & dark dimension. This is by far our most professional, technical, dynamic & epic album thus far. And compared to previous albums, each new song offers a unique spirit & identity that is more profound than ever. And whether you like extreme Black Metal or not, I'm sure every fan of Metal will find songs on this album that they can enjoy to its fullest!

"Every piece of the new album is combined into total perfection. The music, lyrics, musicianship, artwork & production. The artwork was made by Necrolord and the album was recorded at Dugout Studios with producer Daniel Bergstrand and studio engineer George Nerantzis. And I couldn't be more satisfied with each and everyone's contribution. Anyway, it feels absolutely fantastic to be back with new music. And I can't wait to let you all enjoy our latest Satanic Symphony Where Shadows Forever Reign. See you all soon somewhere on the road!"

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Dark Funeral
Posted: 09.03.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 14   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 182 users
09.03.2016 - 13:02
J. N.
Account deleted
Looking at that artwork, I'd say Dissection or Emperor is back. Will be interesting to hear what they came up with this time, though.
09.03.2016 - 13:27
deswesher
Cover is like new londo ruins area from dark souls \m/
----
fullblackreviews.com
09.03.2016 - 15:07
psykometal
A staff guy...
elite
Can't wait to hear this.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

09.03.2016 - 16:27
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Wow, this band still exists
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
09.03.2016 - 19:45
Gothmog_Motsham
Meow

Edit: Artwork reminds me of Thulcandra's albums. Looks awesome! Can't wait!
09.03.2016 - 23:05
Windrider
Raureif
Written by Guest on 09.03.2016 at 13:02

Looking at that artwork, I'd say Dissection or Emperor is back. Will be interesting to hear what they came up with this time, though.

Exactly my thoughts, something classical
10.03.2016 - 05:25
bastion32x
These guys touring the US anytime soon? I know they're gonna be promoting the shit outta this album.
10.03.2016 - 06:55
Necrotion7
Written by deswesher on 09.03.2016 at 13:27

thank you! I was also
10.03.2016 - 06:58
Necrotion7
I understand the old school vibe but it just seems too generic for an epic DF album especially one this important to them..but then again that might just be the point..I do really like the title however..
10.03.2016 - 11:16
Alondate
Looks like someone has been playing Dark Souls too much
10.03.2016 - 11:25
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by deswesher on 09.03.2016 at 13:27

Written by Necrotion7 on 10.03.2016 at 06:55

thank you! I was also

I'm with Dima, I don't see the resemblance to New Londo Ruins. NLR is a semi-submerged, abandoned city. That artwork is a forest clearing with a stream running through it with a mountainous backdrop.

(Sorry, Alondate, quoted you accidentally there)
10.03.2016 - 19:54
deswesher
Visually reminded me I didn't think of the details for it , whatever eventually I miss the game so much I guess.;D
----
fullblackreviews.com
16.03.2016 - 13:59
Night Angel
The album cover basically reminds me "Secrets of the black arts" heh
16.03.2016 - 22:20
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Written by Guest on 10.03.2016 at 11:25

I'm with Dima, I don't see the resemblance to New Londo Ruins. NLR is a semi-submerged, abandoned city. That artwork is a forest clearing with a stream running through it with a mountainous backdrop.

Yeah, at best it looks like the Valley of the Drakes or the Forest of the Giants with a blue filter over it. Even then, I wouldn't have thought of drawing a comparison between this and Dark Souls unless someone else mentioned it first.
----

Hits total: 4114 | This month: 12