Metal Storm logo
Insomnium - To Hit The Studio

The melancholic melodic death metal band Insomnium has posted a small statement on their own Facebook page today, and it reads: "Alright, it seems that we've booked some studios..." It seems that they are going to record a new album soon in the near future or at least another new release.

The band have 6 records in their discography so far, and albums such as Above The Weeping World which is ranked as number 4 on Top 20 albums of 2006 and their latest record, Shadows Of The Dying Sun, which won Metal Storm Awards 2014 in the category "Melodeath / Extreme Power / Gothenburg Metal".

Are you ready for some new heavy and grieving tunes from the Finnish woods?

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Insomnium
Posted: 10.03.2016 by Fallen Ghost

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 161 users
10.03.2016 - 21:59
s_t_s

Well with "Shadows of a Dying Sun" I consider the band has reached their maturity and found their true sound. Previous albums were good but lacked a little something. Hope the next album will be as good if not better !
10.03.2016 - 22:15
FYA
Destroyer
Well...previous album wasn't as good as I expected. I hope that upcoming release will touch me somehow.
10.03.2016 - 22:48
AngelofDeth
Cyborg Raptor
I always seem to be that one hipster-fan with Insomnium as I listened to them before Above came out and think everything past that album is more or less watered down rehash while everyone keeps gobbling up their every release. Still, I can't help but always keep an eye on their new stuff with the hope of something good again.
----
pewpew.. gotcha
10.03.2016 - 23:12
The Evergreen

I seem to be excited.
I have enjoyed each of their albums more than the previous one, so this one may literally make my head explode.
11.03.2016 - 01:14
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by AngelofDeth on 10.03.2016 at 22:48

I always seem to be that one hipster-fan with Insomnium as I listened to them before Above came out and think everything past that album is more or less watered down rehash while everyone keeps gobbling up their every release. Still, I can't help but always keep an eye on their new stuff with the hope of something good again.

AtWW is certainly their best album, although not the only one worthy of merit imo. I think every album after that differed slightly so they're not copy-pasting. That said, there's been a clear decline in the quality of their music since that release sadly. At the rate they're going, this one is not going to be worth replaying
11.03.2016 - 03:54
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

I think their last album was by FAR better than anything else they've released before. I just don't get the hype for their albums previous to it.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
11.03.2016 - 04:06
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 11.03.2016 at 03:54

I think their last album was by FAR better than anything else they've released before. I just don't get the hype for their albums previous to it.

At least we all have some Insomnium to appreciate From what I can gather, most long term fans are either disappointed by releases after AtWW or they love all releases equally. I'm somewhere in the middle.
11.03.2016 - 07:01
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by LeKiwi on 11.03.2016 at 04:06

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 11.03.2016 at 03:54

At least we all have some Insomnium to appreciate From what I can gather, most long term fans are either disappointed by releases after AtWW or they love all releases equally. I'm somewhere in the middle.

I've tried getting into some of their older "masterpieces"... I really have. I couldn't find nearly as many memorable guitar riffs and melodies as I can in their last album. It all just sounded very generic and repetitive.
----
11.03.2016 - 07:46
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 11.03.2016 at 07:01

I've tried getting into some of their older "masterpieces"... I really have. I couldn't find nearly as many memorable guitar riffs and melodies as I can in their last album. It all just sounded very generic and repetitive.

Very odd, people usually say the opposite. Opinions, opinions, eh?
11.03.2016 - 23:13
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by LeKiwi on 11.03.2016 at 07:46

The guitar melodies on songs like While We Sleep, Collapsing Words, Ephemeral, and especially the harmonies on Shadows of the Dying Sun (title track) are far more memorable than anything I've heard on their older albums. Feel free to point me to any specific tracks I may have overlooked.
----
12.03.2016 - 00:26
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 11.03.2016 at 23:13

The guitar melodies on songs like While We Sleep, Collapsing Words, Ephemeral, and especially the harmonies on Shadows of the Dying Sun (title track) are far more memorable than anything I've heard on their older albums. Feel free to point me to any specific tracks I may have overlooked.

I'd definitely agree that some parts of those songs - except "Ephemeral", that one was just ultra-meh - are very memorable indeed. I guess I'm going to have to make a list of their unforgettable melodies - check your inbox
12.03.2016 - 06:10
moe5512

Makes sense to me, imo all their albums sound pretty much to me and the album you listen to first will be the one that stands out as the "original"
12.03.2016 - 15:48
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by moe5512 on 12.03.2016 at 06:10

Makes sense to me, imo all their albums sound pretty much to me and the album you listen to first will be the one that stands out as the "original"

Yeah, they are indeed stylistically similar because well...melodeath. But for instance you could easily tell this song (first album) from this song (latest album). So, I'd say they are no means repeating themselves.
20.03.2016 - 14:18
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek

One of my all time favorites from Insomnium is Last Statement from Above The Weeping World record. In fact, the whole album is pure perfection IMO! Listen to that song, and some VERY memorable moments in the song:

2:15
3:15
And of course the ending which starts at 4:10, which gives me goosebumps every single time I listen to it (From 4:10 to the very end)

Tell me what you think!
21.03.2016 - 04:01
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Fallen Ghost on 20.03.2016 at 14:18

2:15
3:15
4:10

You forgot the melody that starts at 1:55!
21.03.2016 - 15:33
bladefall

Weighed Down With Sorrow

The production of their older albums is not very well,especially the guitar part.I think that's the reason.

Hits total: 2569 | This month: 5