Metal Storm logo
Ulcerate - To Record New Album Next Month

New Zealand-based tech death metal band Ulcerate is about to hit the recording studio and track the follow-up to 2013's Vermis. This will be the band's fifth full length album. Stay tuned for full details.

The group comments briefly: "After over a year of intensive writing and pre-production we are now one month away from entering the studio for our fifth album. More information as it comes to pass."

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ulcerate
Posted: 12.03.2016 by Abattoir

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 65 users
12.03.2016 - 22:51
mz

I expect nothing less than perfection from these guys. Do not think that there will be much of change in the sound, but that is not a problem, given the fact that ulcerate is probably the most unique DM band I can think about now.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
13.03.2016 - 13:19
3rdWorld
China was a neat
I expect the same and hope they won't do a sudden change of style or sound cuz I love Ulcerate exactly as they are now.

And they have been writing for a whole year? damn that's really impressive and it increases my expectations even more.
15.03.2016 - 08:00
RockSplendid

Just looking for another Vermis-like sound and musicianship!
15.03.2016 - 10:30
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Personally I wouldn't mind them trying something a little different. Vermis and The Destroyers Of All were fundamentally quite similar so would be good to see them introduce new approaches.
15.03.2016 - 11:01
mz

Written by Guest on 15.03.2016 at 10:30

Personally I wouldn't mind them trying something a little different. Vermis and The Destroyers Of All were fundamentally quite similar so would be good to see them introduce new approaches.

Given the fact that they are quite alone in their approach to atmospheric death metal, I would say it would be nice if they coninue their approach, setting ground for a certain sub-movement within DM. I agree, though, that due to the intensity of their sound, three or four full albums of almost the same approach would be too much. I'd argue that ulcerate, like deathspell omega, would benefit from EP format a lot.
----
Giving my ears a rest from music.
15.03.2016 - 11:23
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted
Written by mz on 15.03.2016 at 11:01

Given the fact that they are quite alone in their approach to atmospheric death metal, I would say it would be nice if they coninue their approach, setting ground for a certain sub-movement within DM. I agree, though, that due to the intensity of their sound, three or four full albums of almost the same approach would be too much. I'd argue that ulcerate, like deathspell omega, would benefit from EP format a lot.

I could see them pull off a single 20 minute track with good results.
17.04.2016 - 12:27
InnerSelf
proofread free
Maybe they can expand more on their "Atmospheric", almost Post-Metal side ... sort of like a contrast to Vermis.
I'm sure it's gonna rock either way.
----
He who is not bold enough
to be stared at from across the abyss
is not bold enough
to stare into it himself.
22.06.2016 - 00:52
Jaeryd
Nihil's Maw
Just started getting into this band. Should be good; last album was apparently so good they made a Magic: the Gathering card for the band shortly after
----

Hits total: 1601 | This month: 4