Metal Storm logo
Nortt

Original post

Posted by Damnated, 22.05.2006 - 23:04
Since funeral doom is such a trand nowadays, I figured, let's make a thread about Nortt. many ppl don't even consider his music as funeral doom, and I agree, that he uses BM elements as well, and although the music has a slithly faster tempo then traditional funeral doom, I still consider Nortt to belong to this genre. What can I say about his works? Nortt is a one man band, a very depressive one actually, and he has a very strong focus on death in his creations. As he states, he talkes about death as a metafore, not simply the end of life, and for him his death would hold something erotic to.

I would like to discuss his music, and also, his 'ideology'
12.10.2006 - 21:03
Damnated
Churchburner
then that's must be it.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
19.03.2008 - 01:43
W-Lash
Metal Master
What do you think about the new album by Nortt (called Galgenfrist).

It's more likely dark ambient rather than doom or black (or their mix). Sure, it's not that bad but after previous albums i didn't expect such stuff.
19.03.2008 - 10:26
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
Written by W-Lash on 19.03.2008 at 01:43

It's more likely dark ambient rather than doom or black (or their mix). Sure, it's not that bad but after previous albums i didn't expect such stuff.

for me it is still one of the biggest disappointments this year. It is way too ambient, has nothing to do with metal whatsoever.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

19.03.2008 - 14:21
Götter
elite
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.03.2008 at 10:26

for me it is still one of the biggest disappointments this year. It is way too ambient, has nothing to do with metal whatsoever.

As I wrote in a review, Nortt has been listening to way too much Until Death Overtakes Me and too little Burzum. This album repeated every mistake that Ligfaerd did, though at least it also maintained that album's strengths. Doesn't compare to old Nortt in any case.

Nonetheless, I was one of the 100 to get the ultra-limited edition.
19.03.2008 - 17:39
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Götter on 19.03.2008 at 14:21

Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 19.03.2008 at 10:26

As I wrote in a review, Nortt has been listening to way too much Until Death Overtakes Me and too little Burzum. This album repeated every mistake that Ligfaerd did, though at least it also maintained that album's strengths. Doesn't compare to old Nortt in any case.

Nonetheless, I was one of the 100 to get the ultra-limited edition.

I have a question...
Can you really recommed that album to someone?
I mean... Do you think that the album is good enough to recommend it?

I listened some songs of Ligfaerd in Nortt's myspace... And I liked it.
But my tastes are very strange... ^^U

Anyway.. I agree with you... Nortt must be a bit faster [just a bit]... then, the music will be perfect.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.
19.03.2008 - 18:17
Götter
elite
Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.03.2008 at 17:39

I have a question...

Anyway.. I agree with you... Nortt must be a bit faster [just a bit]... then, the music will be perfect.

It's not about speed, but rather non-metalness. Lack of those wonderful overdistorted guitars. Lack of occasion piano notes. This ambient style isn't the best choice for Nortt.

But for the average listener I would still recommend this album. Although after I've recommended "Gudsforladt" or "Nattetale" or "Graven" or "Hedengangen".
19.03.2008 - 18:23
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Written by Götter on 19.03.2008 at 18:17

Written by X-Ray Rod on 19.03.2008 at 17:39

I have a question...

It's not about speed, but rather non-metalness. Lack of those wonderful overdistorted guitars. Lack of occasion piano notes. This ambient style isn't the best choice for Nortt.

But for the average listener I would still recommend this album. Although after I've recommended "Gudsforladt" or "Nattetale" or "Graven" or "Hedengangen".

jajaja ok thanks
I did that question because the only internet site here in sweden that I use has only "Ligfaerd" and "Galgenfrist"
----
Rod, let me love you.
19.03.2008 - 18:59
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Nortt had always been far from being a brilliant "band", but for me Galgenfrist was rather impressing. Yesterday I played this shit very loud, with good speakers and in a dark room and it was a sinister, dreadful sensation. Nortt are doing good becoming more ambient, because their metalness had never been that amazing.
19.03.2008 - 19:09
X-Ray Rod
Skandino
staff
Jejejje yeah.. I think I can agree on that
For me... both styles are very good [but not so brilliant as you said]

And I'm a sucker to atmospheric stuff... sooo.... the last two albums can be a good deal for me
----
Rod, let me love you.
05.07.2008 - 06:51
posmoderno
Account deleted
Galgenfirst is amazing!!!

the most incredible work of funerl ambient!
29.12.2008 - 20:07
Slayer666
Nortt kicks ass!Yeah,not too much Metal,but still....I always listen to this before I go to sleep.Sinister.....
The first post says we should discuss his ideology.Well,I can somewhat respect it.But not all of it.I mean,to actally want to die so badly....Why doesn't he just kill himself?Dumb fuck.I share some of his views of relligion and all of his views of today's society.So,that is it for now.