Metal Storm logo
Iced Earth - New Single And Album Update

Jon Schaffer of Iced Earth, has posted the following message concerning the band's new albums on the message boards of the bands official site:

"I just wanted to give you an update of what's happening in Iced Earth world."

"We just finished mixing and mastering the single which will be titled "Overture of the Wicked" and should be released in late May or early June. The 4 songs that will be featured on this are as follows:

1.) Ten Thousand Strong
2.) Prophecy
3.) Birth of the Wicked
4.) The Coming Curse

"Ten Thousand Strong will be the song that we will be filming a video for in the following months, most likely in June right around the Sweden Rock festival."

"I'm very happy with the results of our efforts, we've been really working hard on delivering something special to you guys and this single is just a hint of things to come, and it's freakin' awesome."

"We will be finishing the rest of production for Part 1 over the course of the next few weeks, with plans to mix in the early part of May.
The title of the full release is "Framing Armageddon" (Something Wicked Part 1) and should be out in the late August/September time frame."

The "Framing Armageddon" tracklist will appear as follows:

1.) Overture
2.) Something Wicked (Part 1)
3.) Invasion
4.) Man's Motivation
5.) The Setian Massacre
6.) A Charge to Keep
7.) Reflections
8.) Ten Thousand Strong
9.) Execution
10.) Order of the Rose
11.) The Clouding
12.) Infiltrate and Assimilate
13.) Retribution Through the Ages
14.) Something Wicked (Part 2)
15.) The Domino Decree
16.) Framing Armageddon
17.) When Stars Collide (Born is He)
18.) The Awakening

The working title of Part 2 is "Revelation Abomination" Something Wicked (Part 2) and the tracklist is as follows:

1.) The Sacred Flames
2.) Behold the Wicked Child
3.) Minions of the Watch
4.) A Gift or a Curse
5.) I Walk Among You
5.) Harbinger of Fate
6.) Ancient Rage of the High Priest
7.) A Gathering Threat / Time Marches On
8.) Sacrificial Kingdoms
9.) Something Wicked (Part 3)
10.) Divide Devour
11.) Conspiracy / Pilgrimage In Guile
12.) Come What May

"The final tracking and mixing for Part 2 will take place between the festivals and world tour and will have a targeted release in February/March of 2008."

"Due to family health issues Bo Wallace will not be able to be involved with Iced Earth. I played the bass guitar parts on the single and we will be bringing Dennis Hayes, who worked with Tim on his "Beyond Fear" side project, in to play on parts of the remainder of the recording. He will be doing the live shows as well."

"Also, after many years of heading up www.icedearth.com, Neil Gregie will no longer be webmaster. If anyone out there is interested, and has the creative and technical abilities to be the new IE webmaster, please send your info and examples to webmaster@icedearth.com. Neil will forward the info on and we will be in contact if you have what we're looking for to be part of the team. We wish to thank Neil for all the years of work and time he has devoted to being involved with the site! You're the Man Neil!!!"

"We'll have some more updates for you in the near future!"

Source: icedearth.com
Band profile: Iced Earth
Posted: 20.03.2007 by spirit_inblack

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 4 users
20.03.2007 - 17:55
Der Meister
Account deleted
Brilliant! I'm looking forward to this, I'm finally starting to get into this band!
20.03.2007 - 19:09
AnarChrist

pretty epic tracknames i say
----
oh my fucking god, fucking dinosaurs
21.03.2007 - 01:34
Dark Cornatus
Powerslave
This is an example of some good imagination and 'in your face' track names, Iced Earth's always stand out!

I love the news about the new webmaster!!!! Fuck you Neil Gregie, worst webmaster ever.

Im so excited to hear the new stuff, my favourite band has never let me down!
21.03.2007 - 04:38
PrettyMao

I am looking forward to this and the tour... been a while since I saw these guys....

Plus I am looking forward to hearing/seeing the new Tim on guitar.... I remember seeing Larry at the shows, he was solid... not like that hack that toured with them on the Glorious Burden tour.... I remember seeing him fuck up and the look Jon gave him was just evil! hahaha
----
The Mao loves you all!!!

**KISS**KISS**
21.03.2007 - 05:31
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I'm excited for this release. Ever since listening to "The Glorious Burden", I've been awaiting another album featuring Tim Owens, and I would love to hear this album.
21.03.2007 - 06:03
Eternal Flames

Can't wait for this release. Iced Earth have just never disappointed me, always doing something new and interesting. And as mentioned, it's good to hear that they will be getting a new webmaster. Their old one, Neil Gregie, wasn't that great. In fact, Iced Earth possibly had the worst band website.
21.03.2007 - 13:02
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
It seems to be a great work, so I can't wait to hear something of this new stuff! Iced Earth!!!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
22.05.2007 - 00:21
BrightNight

The Ep Sounds great already! Cant Wait to listen to the whole album
----
"So you children of the world, listen to what I say
If you want a better place to live in spread the words today
Show the world that love is still alive you must be brave
Or you children of today are Children of the Grave."