Metal Storm logo
Amon Amarth - Release New Music Video

The Swedish melodic death metal titans Amon Amarth just revealed an epic new music video to prepare everyone for their upcoming album, Jomsviking. Watch the music video premiere of "At Dawn's First Light" on their website or here to hear another catchy tune of the impending output.

Produced by Rafal Szermanowkicz/Grupa 13 and directed by Darek Szermanowicz (Behemoth), the video for "At Dawn's First Light" is set in an epic battle scene in a Slavic settlement from the 9th-10th century with the band caught in the middle of the bloody fight. The video features an appearance by the modern Viking warriors known as the Triglav Jomsborg East Storm who are lead by the ruthless and energetic fight director Igor Gorewicz.

Jomsviking is due out really soon on March 25th via Metal Blade Records (North America)/Sony Music (International). You can still hear their first single, "First Kill", over here.

Leading up to Jomsviking's release, fans can visit their website for a more in-depth look into the album, where a special digital picture book campaign has been launched. Each day (through March 24th), a new track page will be revealed, featuring lyrics, booklet images, and 30-second song clips.

Source: amonamarth.com
Band profile: Amon Amarth
Posted: 15.03.2016 by HaaskAksaaH

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 23   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 294 users
15.03.2016 - 20:41
deswesher

The worst song of the amon amarth discography. Totally crap.
----
fullblackreviews.com
15.03.2016 - 20:48
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Some fleeting moments seconds were rather good, but the majority of it was pretty much what you'd expect from them. Not expecting much from this release.
15.03.2016 - 21:10
koob

Useless but I guess some people will enjoy it.
15.03.2016 - 21:16
FYA
Destroyer
Meh.
15.03.2016 - 23:57
moe5512

So br00tal

16.03.2016 - 00:04
rocksoccer

Do not expect too much from the album either....
----
16.03.2016 - 01:15
visiblenoise

Didn't like it much. But, the first song they released came on afterward, and I enjoyed it more than I remember enjoying it the first time, so I might still check it out later...
16.03.2016 - 02:38
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
It's funny how everywhere you look people are disappointed and saying it's crap, yet when the time comes and the thing gets released everybody is going to buy it and support the continuation of the blandness by putting this in the top charts.
But that's none of my business... :
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
16.03.2016 - 02:58
Lord_Regnier

Written by Karlabos on 16.03.2016 at 02:38

It's funny how everywhere you look people are disappointed and saying it's crap, yet when the time comes and the thing gets released everybody is going to buy it and support the continuation of the blandness by putting this in the top charts.

That's how mainstream Metal carries on, no matter if it's quality material or not.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
16.03.2016 - 05:54
Litvin

"At dawns fist light" is great

"First kill" is not great
16.03.2016 - 09:40
s_t_s

Hmm well... Sure I will get that CD at some point but I'm not too excited... Like it or not but Deceiver of the Gods is catchy like hell, nothing like that here, think I have already forgotten what I was listening to...
16.03.2016 - 12:19
Dark Forever
Ruído Sonoro

I noticed that here on MetalStorm, people who DON'T like something comment more than those who like. It's like everyone feels the need to say how crap something is.
----
Taste the DARK...
... and you'll live FOREVER!
16.03.2016 - 13:35
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Dark Forever on 16.03.2016 at 12:19

I noticed that here on MetalStorm, people who DON'T like something comment more than those who like. It's like everyone feels the need to say how crap something is.

From what I've seen the average response tends towards neutral, but those with extreme opinions tend to post the most, yeah.
16.03.2016 - 13:36
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog

Do you mean people commenting here will eventually lap up the album or people in general?
16.03.2016 - 14:39
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
Written by LeKiwi on 16.03.2016 at 13:36

Do you mean people commenting here will eventually lap up the album or people in general?

I meant the latter. But I also meant the latter when i told people seem to be disliking it, and not the former.
But I wouldn't be surprised at all if the former happened =D
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
16.03.2016 - 14:47
!J.O.O.E.!
Account deleted

Pretty much like on any website about anything. People are far more likely to voice an issue or complaint with something than praise it. The en masse plebs of MS will still rate this album into high heaven though, and those people will never make a single post on the website.
16.03.2016 - 14:50
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Karlabos on 16.03.2016 at 14:39

I meant the latter. But I also meant the latter when i told people seem to be disliking it, and not the former.
But I wouldn't be surprised at all if the former happened =D

Well said I've definitely been guilty of that myself in the past, although not so much any more.
16.03.2016 - 21:29
Bananatron

Standing in the middle of a battlefield singing a death metal song, as you do
16.03.2016 - 23:35
qlacs
"The Quaker"
I missed out on their last album. First Kill at least sounds like Amon Amarth. I'm not sure about this latest "thing"...
----
17.03.2016 - 06:06
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Disappointed
18.03.2016 - 00:42
ian b

Amazing
18.03.2016 - 03:38
Ace Frawley
The Spaceman

Makes them feel better about being miserable.
----
The sun shines over The Fool...
24.03.2016 - 13:03
musclassia

I guess the Maiden touch makes this song slightly more interesting than the other one released from the album, but both are pretty damn unimpressive. Given how similar all their songs sound, I don't see the appeal of songs of this quality when stuff like Asator and Cry Of The Blackbirds is really similar yet loads better. Also, this new video is amusingly amateurish

Hits total: 3847 | This month: 5