Metal Storm logo
Betraying The Martyrs - Recording New Album

Betraying The Martyrs are busy in the studio recording their third album and follow-up to Phantom (2014). The French group recently started the recording sessions and you can watch some clips on their Instagram page. The album will drop via Sumerian Records. We'll keep you posted on the exact release date.

Here is what they said so far regarding the album: "This is the first time in our professional careers that we are working full time with a producer on an album, none other than Justin Hill (SikTh, Bury Tomorrow, Heart Of A Coward) which gives us all of our time to focus on recording the best, most efficient material we have ever written, with the best possible sound! We have learnt from our previous albums what works and what doesn't, what choices to take and to not take; and we can fully assure you, BTM LP3 will be the best, heaviest, epic, and most fat sounding material we have ever put out as a band!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Betraying The Martyrs
Posted: 17.03.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 19 users
17.03.2016 - 22:42
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Stupidest fucking band name I've ever seen.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
17.03.2016 - 23:43
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
23.03.2016 - 22:27
Overrwatcher

I have no idea where they're going to go from here. They need to focus and refine their sound much more. They're all over the place trying different stuff, but there isn't very much satisfying about it. They need to focus on what makes their great moments so great, and then they'll be a great niche band.

Breathe In Life was a nice change of pace from the average deathcore album though.

Quote:

We have learnt from our previous albums what works and what doesn't, what choices to take and to not take;

That is a good sign for the future. They felt more like they were trying to reach out everywhere, but they actually learned what works and what doesn't.

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 17.03.2016 at 22:42

It's pretty bad. I thought they were one of those metalcore bands until they appeared on my deathcore radio.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
24.03.2016 - 23:43
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by Overrwatcher on 23.03.2016 at 22:27

I have no idea where they're going to go from here. They need to focus and refine their sound much more. They're all over the place trying different stuff, but there isn't very much satisfying about it. They need to focus on what makes their great moments so great, and then they'll be a great niche band.

Breathe In Life was a nice change of pace from the average deathcore album though.

Quote:

We have learnt from our previous albums what works and what doesn't, what choices to take and to not take;

That is a good sign for the future. They felt more like they were trying to reach out everywhere, but they actually learned what works and what doesn't.

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 17.03.2016 at 22:42

It's pretty bad. I thought they were one of those metalcore bands until they appeared on my deathcore radio.

The little I've heared sounded like symphonic metalcore to me. I wasn't terribly impressed.
----
25.03.2016 - 01:34
Overrwatcher

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 24.03.2016 at 23:43

The little I've heared sounded like symphonic metalcore to me. I wasn't terribly impressed.

Yeah, to be honest they aren't really impressive. They have potential, and they're actually trying to break the mold, but at this moment they haven't gone too far.

They're one of the bands to look out for, even if they're not particularly good right now. If they go the right way then they can really breathe life into a generic and stale genre.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
25.03.2016 - 22:09
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by Overrwatcher on 25.03.2016 at 01:34

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 24.03.2016 at 23:43

Yeah, to be honest they aren't really impressive. They have potential, and they're actually trying to break the mold, but at this moment they haven't gone too far.

They're one of the bands to look out for, even if they're not particularly good right now. If they go the right way then they can really breathe life into a generic and stale genre.

The funny thing, their symphonic parts are actually really good. Even some of their riffs aren't bad... the problem is, they don't last long enough. You have like 10-20 seconds where a song sounds like it has potential, and then it just breaks back into generic metalcore crap.
----

Hits total: 1164 | This month: 3