Metal Storm logo
Has anyone done a Doom Metal cover of Metallica's "To Live is to Die"?

19.03.2016 - 18:01
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
I've been digging through some older albums I haven't listened to in too long of awhile and tried getting into And Justice For All (I'm still not crazy about it's album despite it's historical importance but that's another topic all together). Already too long of a story short, I found myself thinking "To Live is to Die" would make for some great Doom Metal. I used the Google machine but I couldn't find anything. Does my taste in artistic recreation suck or does something like this actually exist?
19.03.2016 - 20:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.04.2016 - 05:18
Fearmeister
Account deleted
Looks like the answer is a no
12.05.2016 - 20:28
Enteroctopus

There are a lot of good riffs in that song, but overall I think it's a shit piece. Was impressive to me when I was nine, now I just see it for what it is, filler.

For me an EP recorded at the same time/same production as Garage Days re-re with Blackend, Eye, One, and Shortest Straw would have been a better listen. Obviously wouldn't have sold as many records, or given Jethro Tull a run for their money!!
29.05.2016 - 08:15
Jake

Written by Enteroctopus on 12.05.2016 at 20:28

There are a lot of good riffs in that song, but overall I think it's a shit piece. Was impressive to me when I was nine, now I just see it for what it is, filler.

Okay first of all what? You see it for what it is?? What?? No you're opinion is wrong. It was impressive for the sole fact that there has been nothing like it before or since. A musically impressive piece (Not everything has to be technical to have musical value and in fact rarely does), and not simply FILLER. Metallica did one instrumental per album up until the black album. Its their art. Its a jam in the vein of Metallica with whatever sound they have during their recording process. Its a God damn song and it makes me feel good when I hear it. I guess that means its exactly what it set out to be then isn't it? Pffft filler. Youre full of something. :l

And yea no Doom metal covers of to live is to die but check this out!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwogWsNFGLI
03.06.2016 - 09:14
Ganondox

On that note, is there another Metallica song based around the same riff as To Live or To Die, or one thats sounds very similar? When I listen to it it sounds like there should be vocals like I heard a song with the same riff.
04.07.2016 - 07:36
Sang Dalang Abu

No.