Metal Storm logo
Immolation

22.05.2006 - 23:19
Narterath

Still no thread on this band? They fuckin' rock! Sick, demented Death Metal with an evil atmosphere.
I have Close To A World Below and I play it constantly over these last two weeks. Great, twisted riffs, pounding drums, very awesome low-pitched (but not too monotonous) vocals and great, I do mean great, solos!
I have not yet heard their other releases, but I hope they are as good as CTAWB
Any opinions on this band?
22.05.2006 - 23:37
Varoth
Account deleted
I've only heard Dawn Of Possession (I always have an urge to check debuts first ) and I love it. They really have some powerful guitar riffs, and the vocals fit in very good. I think I'm gonna try Harnessing Ruin next, since it was recommended to me and I've heard good things about it.
I can't compare what I've heard to what you've heard, but you should really check DoP It's undoubtedly a classic. I consider it alongside albums such as Monstrosity's Imperial Doom and Morbid Angel's Altars Of Madness.
22.05.2006 - 23:51
Narterath

Should check it out then man
23.05.2006 - 01:04
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Definately a great old school death metal band, along with Suffocation and Incantation. What is it with death metal and -ation?
23.05.2006 - 01:24
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
Immolation is a really awesome band. Their music is really catchy and well done. They also know how to put on a great live show. In fact when I saw them as an opener for Deicide I think that they beat them into the ground as far as being live is concerned.
23.05.2006 - 02:07
^Necrolust^

Whoo I love Immolation!
I love every single album of them,but mostly ''Dawn Of Possession'' and ''Harnessing Ruin''.Harnessing Ruin is one of the few albums that I like and came out recently(talking generally about albums in these 2 years).
Everything in this band is amazing,the vocals,the deep sound I absolutely adore in dm.

@Varoth: you debut maniac
----
Sin my soul,blesses with fire....
23.05.2006 - 10:23
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
Harnessing Ruin was a monolithic album, absolutely amazing.
23.05.2006 - 20:47
Richard

Immolation is an exceptionally classy Death Metal band. I like how Immolation's songs often have a dark atmosphere. In the world of extreme Metal, atmosphere is something which is usually associated with Black Metal, but Immolation are able to create a sinister, foreboding and sometimes melancholy feel through relatively technical Death Metal, using dissonant riffs and harmonies. I also really appreciate their atheistic lyrics.
----
24.05.2006 - 09:16
Mother-Anorexia
Account deleted
"Immolation is an exceptionally classy Death Metal band. I like how Immolation's songs often have a dark atmosphere. In the world of extreme Metal, atmosphere is something which is usually associated with Black Metal, but Immolation are able to create a sinister, foreboding and sometimes melancholy feel through relatively technical Death Metal, using dissonant riffs and harmonies. I also really appreciate their atheistic lyrics. "

Couldnt have said it better.
24.05.2006 - 20:17
mvikred

though harnessing ruin , has almost all the songs that sound similar i totally love that album ... no reasons .. i jus like to listen to them
----
I'm addicted to Technical Death Metal ... Somebody save me
24.05.2006 - 22:02
dark awakening

I like Dawn of Possession, the cd with which I listened to this band first
----
Baptized in a lake of acid tears...
21.06.2006 - 10:18
Ba'al Peor
Account deleted
"though harnessing ruin , has almost all the songs that sound similar i totally love that album ... no reasons .. i jus like to listen to them "

This is probably the main reason ive started to prefer Incantation over Immolation and i think its is a common reason why death metal bands start to run out of ideas sooner or later. But, that aside i still love the album.
12.08.2006 - 07:28
tattootildeath
Account deleted
i first heard them when i saw them live a while ago...i thought their bald guitar player was gay, but they put on a great show. i am now familiar with them, and man, not only are they one of the most original death metal bands out there, but they kick severe ass!
15.08.2006 - 02:07
Fimbulvetr
Account deleted
They are so amazing. Their last album, "Harnessing Ruin" was a masterpiece but in my opinion "Close To A World Below" was much better.
15.08.2006 - 10:23
sanity_assasin
Account deleted
I've only heard Dawn Of Possession and Harnessing Ruin, both are great albums although i somtimes find myself getting bored during Harnessing Ruin it's still an enjoyable listen.
02.09.2006 - 02:13
soilwork
Account deleted
I recently heard "Unholy Cult", i think is a great album, i was surprised to find this band, because i used to think that they were a brutal Death Metal band, but they are great, some times a bit melodic but never chessy!

Thougs on the rest of their albums, anyone?
25.02.2007 - 02:09
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
Check out their new song here.

It's fucking good. The chorus is a little cliche, but I don't really care.
25.02.2007 - 04:25
Stigmatized
New song sounds great. Really looking forward to the new album.
09.04.2007 - 18:43
theflyingmachine

How is the production from these guys? I heard it sucks...is there any album with better or worse production than the others?
10.04.2007 - 05:15
Stigmatized
They vary, or at least it seems like that to me. I never really minded though, I like all their stuff.
12.04.2007 - 16:02
wreath
Account deleted
u guys should check up all their albums.they are great.and u may find they are a like at your first listen, because of the atmosphere and the sound they have on all of their albums.richard described very good the unicity of this bands sound.i personally love them and i can't make up my mind of a favourite album.i guess it would be between close to a world below and harnesing ruin.
18.04.2007 - 03:25
Stigmatized
I'm over halfway through the new album. Though I downloaded it in slightly bad quality, the album sounds good. Still has that Immolation sound we're all used to, dark and heavy.
18.04.2007 - 05:01
Stuff1056
Account deleted
I'm fairly new to them. Where should I start?
18.04.2007 - 06:00
Southern Wind
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 18.04.2007 at 05:01

I'm fairly new to them. Where should I start?

I would obviously recommend "Unholy Cult", a great technical death metal album, very violent and with a revolting bass sound that will work on weak stomachs... I see that you like Nile, then I'm sure that you will find that album just freaking awesome.
18.04.2007 - 13:54
Stigmatized
I agree. Also try "Close to A World Below".
19.04.2007 - 16:12
Southern Wind
Account deleted
The new album is very good... much less brutal than Unholy Cult, of course, but incredibly technical (in a good way) and totally filthy...
20.04.2007 - 09:49
Hembrom
Diabolic Priest
Awesome brutal death metal , legends .....ruling the BDM genre from last 15 years along with Suffocation and Incatation. All the Immolation release is brilliant , my personal favorite is 'Close to a World Below'.

Like the new album as well.
21.04.2007 - 03:11
Stuff1056
Account deleted
Unholy Cult and Close To A World Below. Got it. Thanks.
23.04.2007 - 21:30
Stigmatized
I've listened to the new album about 4 times now. It's right up there will the rest of their material, good stuff.
27.04.2007 - 00:18
agent orange
Account deleted
holy shit, I just got Close To a World Below yesterday and its been in my cd player ever since, what a display. I also have Harness Ruin, so I assume the next logical step is Unholy Cult, but out of curiosity has anyone heard Shadows In the Light? If so what did you think?