Metal Storm logo
Mastodon - New Song Available For Streaming

A new Mastodon track, entitled 'Cut You Up With A Linoleum Knife', has been made available for streaming at Pitchforkmedia.com.

The song comes off the soundtrack to the upcoming Adult Swim film, "Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film for Theaters", due on April 10 via Williams Street.

Source: roadrunnerrecords.com
Band profile: Mastodon
Posted: 20.03.2007 by pyroleprechaun

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 6 users
21.03.2007 - 00:36
Clintagräm
Shrinebuilder
What a strange track for Mastodon! There's bit of Thrash and Hardcore music thrown in there with, not kidding at all, Black Metal and King Diamond/Halford sounding vocals. Pretty wicked if you ask me though. Highly entertaining and a quick listen.
----
The force will be with you, always.
21.03.2007 - 01:04
Spyroid
Rosetta Stoned
Written by Clintagräm on 21.03.2007 at 00:36

What a strange track for Mastodon! There's bit of Thrash and Hardcore music thrown in there with, not kidding at all, Black Metal and King Diamond/Halford sounding vocals. Pretty wicked if you ask me though. Highly entertaining and a quick listen.

Agree! There must be a guest singer! I mean, I don't know much about them but it doesn't sound like the singer I'm used to at all. I really like Mastodon, but I have some serious problems with their singer.
The thrash riffs are awesome! Can't wait for the album!
21.03.2007 - 17:26
rebelos
Account deleted
the music reminds Mastodon but the voice is definately someones else
21.03.2007 - 17:56
Thryce
Retired Staff
Mastodon are also contributing the opening song to the Aqua Teen Hunger Force movie coming out on April, 13th 2007. The band will be animated as a bucket of popcorn, a soda, a hot dog, and a candy bar. The song has been confirmed as "Cut You Up With A Linoleum Knife" and can be streamed from the pitchforkmedia website.

A part of the lyrics of the song:

If I see you videotaping this movie
Satan will rain down your throat with hot acid
And saw your testicles
And turn your guts into snakes

This is a copyrighted movie for Time-Warner
If I found you sold it on eBay
I will break into your house and tear your wife in half

------
But I can't find anyting about the vocals thus far...
----
Your favorite band sucks.
22.03.2007 - 00:10
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
strange vocals
15.04.2007 - 20:29
Dan066
Account deleted
it's a werid song for a weird movie. It's a lot different from most of mastodon's stuff, but it's not bad.
23.06.2007 - 16:35
lenesu

I agree with dan066. Thats just a song that they made for the movie, or it can even be a cover because I see no mastodon in these lyrics.

Hits total: 2942 | This month: 3