Metal Storm logo
Axl Rose - Rumored To Be Joining AC/DC On Tour

The latest rumour involving Guns N' Roses singer Axl Rose turned out to be true. The Guns N' Roses reunion is happening and there are shows announced already. However, there is a new rumour involving Axl Rose and this time it is linked with AC/DC. As you know, the hard rock legends postponed their U.S. tour as singer, Brian Johnson, has been advised by doctors to stop touring or risk total hearing loss. TMZ has now published photos of the Guns N' Roses frontman and the AC/DC band members leaving the same Atlanta rehearsal studio, fueling speculation that he will tour with the band.

AC/DC have still not confirmed who will be filling in for Johnson on the road but the rumours spread. An AC/DC representative could neither confirm nor deny that Axl Rose was stepping in but Angus Young's nephew supposedly said that it was true on Facebook.

Courtesy of TMZ

We'll let you know when there is official confirmation or if they just happened to be at the same rehearsal studio.

Source: tmz.com
Band profile: AC/DC
Posted: 29.03.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 25   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 125 users
29.03.2016 - 14:36
Kais

Seriously, some people really need to know when to call it quits. This is embarrassing.
29.03.2016 - 14:45
slim pickings
Account deleted
I don't get it; why Axl? Not only has his vocals got worse over years, his vocals don't even suit AC/DC's sound/style (if you ask me).
29.03.2016 - 16:00
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Not the best choice. In the early days his vocals were indeed influenced by AC/DC's music, like a lot of 80s hard rock/glam bands. But now he sucks. There were much better options to replace Brian for this tour. Airborne's or Krokus's lead singers are the first choices I can think of. I guess Angus and the gang wanted a more popular frontman.
29.03.2016 - 16:30
mariano

Axel Rose?! ...what a lousy choice

I would have loved to see AC/DC with Russell Allen from Adrenaline Mob -his voice suits perfectly IMO.
29.03.2016 - 16:44
Windrider
Raureif
WtFuck ??
29.03.2016 - 17:00
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
At first, I had the same reaction that most people do, but after hearing some live AC/DC covers by Guns N' Roses I thought he wasn't too shabby actually. That said, I would never see the band live without Brian.
29.03.2016 - 17:43
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by LeKiwi on 29.03.2016 at 17:00

That said, I would never see the band live without Brian.

Not even if you had the chance to see them with Bon Scott?
Not that that is possible, but still...
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

29.03.2016 - 17:57
slim pickings
Account deleted
Written by LeKiwi on 29.03.2016 at 17:00

At first, I had the same reaction that most people do, but after hearing some live AC/DC covers by Guns N' Roses I thought he wasn't too shabby actually. That said, I would never see the band live without Brian.

I bet those covers were like 20 something years ago...
29.03.2016 - 18:22
@gent_-_orange

Meh, just quit already, all of these guys are way past it now, they've had their day.
29.03.2016 - 18:40
Zap
Written by mariano on 29.03.2016 at 16:30

I would have loved to see AC/DC with Russell Allen from Adrenaline Mob -his voice suits perfectly IMO.

I don't know what disturbs me more; the fact that you think Russell Allen's voice suits AC/DC or that you associate him with Adrenaline Mob first.
29.03.2016 - 18:50
Antidote

To associate Russell Allen with AC/DC, well that one takes the cake
And to think Allen and Sym....Adrenaline Mob, well that's another cake to take....

But regarding the topic...Axl replacing Brian? No...just no.
29.03.2016 - 19:01
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I wonder how much money is involved. Unless Axl is doing it pro bono...
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
29.03.2016 - 20:23
Pokermask

No... *walks away*
29.03.2016 - 22:14
YourRequiem

Drama of the year that's for sure.
29.03.2016 - 22:31
Abattoir

Written by BloodTears on 29.03.2016 at 19:01

Yeah, sure he would

All in all this would probably be a realy bad move, eventhough there are many dates on the plate that are already booked. AC/DC are still fun live, but I'd rather see them to postpone part of the dates, than rushing into anykind of decision that many would regret...
29.03.2016 - 23:20
mariano

Written by Zap on 29.03.2016 at 18:40

Written by mariano on 29.03.2016 at 16:30

I don't know what disturbs me more; the fact that you think Russell Allen's voice suits AC/DC or that you associate him with Adrenaline Mob first.

I can imagine Adrenaline Mob doing an AC/DC cover (they've done covers of other hard rock bands after all) but I can't imagine the same of Symphony X, so I see no reason to mention it since Adrenaline Mob is quite known anyway.

On the other hand, you may well dislike Russell's hard rock singing style or find it incompatible with AC/DC, but that is matter of taste
30.03.2016 - 01:01
Lord_Regnier

Written by Kais on 29.03.2016 at 14:36

Seriously, some people really need to know when to call it quits. This is embarrassing.

Today is the day AC/DC lose all credibility they had left. What the fuck? Axl Rose... Not only does he suck vocally but he doesn't fit the band at all. AC/DC always had an image of cool guys, Axl is a fucking douchebag with an overinflated ego. AC/DC will only make people hate them by this move. Would have been a million times better to call a quit right away.
Old rockers get more and more pathetic. They never know when time has come to quit. How long will we still have to endure the joke?
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"
30.03.2016 - 08:22
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Written by Lord_Regnier on 30.03.2016 at 01:01

Today is the day AC/DC lose all credibility they had left. What the fuck? Axl Rose... Not only does he suck vocally but he doesn't fit the band at all. AC/DC always had an image of cool guys, Axl is a fucking douchebag with an overinflated ego.

Phil Rudd replacement, maybe?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
30.03.2016 - 09:47
slim pickings
Account deleted
Has this news gone beyond rumor status? Because TMZ is not a reliable resource if you ask me.
30.03.2016 - 10:09
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Zap on 29.03.2016 at 18:40

Haha, my thought exactly.
----
30.03.2016 - 12:16
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Written by Abattoir on 29.03.2016 at 22:31

Written by BloodTears on 29.03.2016 at 19:01

Yeah, sure he would

All in all this would probably be a realy bad move, eventhough there are many dates on the plate that are already booked. AC/DC are still fun live, but I'd rather see them to postpone part of the dates, than rushing into anykind of decision that many would regret...

Yes, I was joking ofc. But between this gig and GnR, he is cashing bit time this year.

There are so many good singers out there they could've used or just postpone the dates for a while longer. But I think it's a lot of cash.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
30.03.2016 - 12:45
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 29.03.2016 at 17:43

Not even if you had the chance to see them with Bon Scott?
Not that that is possible, but still...

Hah, true true...

Written by Guest on 29.03.2016 at 17:57

I bet those covers were like 20 something years ago...

Nah, search YouTube
31.03.2016 - 23:02
Big-Al

APRIL 1st

right?
----

I drink moosepiss
02.04.2016 - 22:21
cobrapel
Concept One
Arms stolen to the agriculture
17.04.2016 - 12:13