Metal Storm logo
Ensiferum - Part Ways With Keyboardist Emmi Silvennoinen

Sadly, Ensiferum have announced the departure of keyboardist Emmi Silvennoinen, who has been in the band since 2009. Due to family reasons, she will be stepping out from keyboard duties, with Netta Skog continuing as a permanent member of Ensiferum.

Emmi said: "Many of you have probably noticed that during the last year I have missed lots of gigs and now it's time to put an end to all rumours. For family reasons, I have to step aside from Ensiferum. It's been an amazing 9 years, I have learned and seen so much all over the world. This decision was not made lightly! But every cloud has its silver lining and I couldn't be any happier that my dear friend Netta will take my place in the band. I want to thank our fans around the world, everyone I met on the road and of course the guys in the band. There is no bad blood between us and I will always remain a part of the Ensiferum family. Life goes on! Tättädädää!"

Netta added: "With joy and respect, I hop in my lovely friend Emmi's shoes. I've had time of my life during the last year with the Ensiferum guys and I'm thrilled about the upcoming tours, composing new material and all awesomeness that future will bring! Love you all!"

Courtesy of the band

The work for their next album has already begun.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Ensiferum
Posted: 01.04.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 205 users
01.04.2016 - 13:34
Bananatron

At first I was like

But then I read the "Tättädädää!" and Iron started playing in my head.

So now I'm like
01.04.2016 - 14:05
Jagsey

Netta Skog is the perfect replacement.
01.04.2016 - 18:00
Gothmog_Motsham

Should've brought Jaari on keyboards instead. They will release an album somtime in the next 50 years.
01.04.2016 - 19:30
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Written by Gothmog_Motsham on 01.04.2016 at 18:00

Should've brought Jaari on keyboards instead. They will release an album somtime in the next 50 years.

That wouldn't have lasted long. They'd grow tired pretty quickly of Jari's excuses as to why his parts were never prepared or recorded.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
01.04.2016 - 21:10
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
She's just a keyboard player, even looking good one,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
01.04.2016 - 21:18
Rasputin

No loss here, they still suck and have not done anything new in ages. Same old rehashed garbage.
02.04.2016 - 13:10
FeskarN

No suprise really but I'm happy to see Netta join the band. She's has a great stage presence and amazing musican overall.
----
The Land Is Silent... Before The Storm!
04.04.2016 - 12:33
BlackMetalDay

OK but will there be a replacement for the keyboards? Netta plays the accordion, it's good but IMO without keyboards the Ensiferum sound is not complete.
04.04.2016 - 20:44
Risto
Wandering Midget
Written by BlackMetalDay on 04.04.2016 at 12:33

OK but will there be a replacement for the keyboards? Netta plays the accordion, it's good but IMO without keyboards the Ensiferum sound is not complete.

It's an electric accordion, probably not a problem. It can be surprising what kinds of sounds that thing can produce.
05.04.2016 - 11:58
BlackMetalDay

Written by Risto on 04.04.2016 at 20:44

Written by BlackMetalDay on 04.04.2016 at 12:33

It's an electric accordion, probably not a problem. It can be surprising what kinds of sounds that thing can produce.

I've seen them last year with Netta and without Emmi and despite her active presence on the scene for me something was missing (not only Emmi's boobs ... sorry for the bad joke ). I was always wondering before that if the keyboards during the concerts were just here for the fun, as many melodic parts of the songs are played as samples. But this time without the keyboards showed me that there are indeed usefull.

Maybe if they write new songs knowing that they don't have a keyboardist anymore but an accordion player instead they will suit better their new lineup.
05.04.2016 - 20:42
HyperDrifter

Written by Irritable Ted on 02.04.2016 at 10:21

What happened to Netta's previous band Turisas?

Turisas are still going, Netta left Turisas in 2011 not long after Stand Up and Fight was released.
07.04.2016 - 19:32
HyperDrifter

I've seen Ensiferum 3 times, twice with Emmi, once with Netta and like them both.
Netta is more than capable and fits Ensiferum's sound well. I was hoping Netta would join as an addition to Emmi.
It is sad to see Emmi go but can't say I am surprised since she spent a lot of time away last year.

Hits total: 5748 | This month: 12