Metal Storm logo
Stratovarius - To Release 'Best Of' Album In May

Finnish power metal giants Stratovarius have just unveiled that they will be releasing a "Best Of" compilation album on May 6th on earMUSIC. The new compilation album will also debut a brand new song, featuring their current lineup, the opener track of the album, "Until The End Of Days". The album is remastered by Mika Jussila of Finnvox Studios.

Keyboardist Jens Johansson explains: "It's been 20 years since the Episode album, we're all getting older but this stuff sounds as fresh as ever. Could it be that Stratovarius has discovered the fountain of Eternal Youth!? You may feel younger, but we can't actually (legally) promise you'll be younger after listening to this best-of album, but we can guarantee one thing: when you put it through your speakers, it will play 'Until the End of Days'!; To me it's a testament to the fact that paying attention to song writing and production was expensive, but so worth it. The songs, the sound and the performances really have stood the test of time."

Vocalist Timo Kotipelto adds: "Wow! 20 years in Stratovarius have passed at the speed of light! I still remember when I joined the band and was happy to do some power metal. And I am very happy to still be able to do it after all these years! This collection of songs is an excellent selections and a cool way to remember the history of the band from the past to the present! I hope you will enjoy it as much as we did while selecting the songs. Rock the Metal!"

The "Best Of" album will consist of 3 discs, and the tracklist is as follows:

CD1
01. Until The End Of Days
02. My Eternal Dream
03. Eagleheart
04. Speed Of Light
05. S.O.S .
06. Forever Free
07. Wings Of Tomorrow
08. No Turning Back
09. Break The Ice
10. Distant Skies
11. Will The Sun Rise?
12. A Million Light Years Away
13. Under Flaming Skies
14. Darkest Hours
15. Winter Skies
16. I Walk To My Own Song
17. Maniac Dance

CD2
01. Halcyon Days
02. Will My Soul Ever Rest In Peace?
03. Destiny
04. Paradise
05. Deep Unknown
06. Elysium
07. Black Diamond
08. If The Story Is Over
09. Unbreakable
10. Forever
11. Shine In The Dark
12. Hunting High And Low

CD3 - Live At Wacken 2015 (only available on limited edition)
01. Intro
02. Black Diamond
03. Eagleheart
04. Against The Wind
05. Dragons
06. Legions Of The Twilight
07. Paradise
08. Shine In The Dark
09. Speed Of Light
10. Unbreakable
11. Hunting High And Low

Source: stratovarius.com
Band profile: Stratovarius
Posted: 05.04.2016 by Kais

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 75 users
05.04.2016 - 22:21
gopherhawk2@gmail.co

Money grab, but I will buy it because I love them.
----
Follow your heart, not trends.
05.04.2016 - 22:42
Hellthunder

...Why? Who releases best of albums these days? I thought they had gone extinct.
05.04.2016 - 22:53
Sword_Chant

$ $ $ $
06.04.2016 - 15:13
Prometheus

Why not re-print or reissue Episode, Visions , Destiny or Fourth Dimension instead?
Those albums are almost extinct, and find a new copy of them nowadays is really hard.
Anyway, i hate compilations and best of albums, they are just for beginners who don't want to discover a studio album discography.
Sorry, but when i buy an album, i want it to have lyrics and to archive it in a particular context. If i want a collection of songs, i can download their entire studio album discography. I mean with modern radios you can put all their discography into your USB pendrive and it will be even better, because you won't spend anything.
In conclusion, this kind of product is only for Die Hard fans of new beginners.

Hits total: 2472 | This month: 4