Metal Storm logo
Obscurus Advocam - terrific BM from France - with mp3

21.03.2007 - 22:14
Damnated
Churchburner
Obscurus Advocam is a young band from France, a sideproject of members from Glorior Belli. They've released an amazing full length this year at Battle Kommand records, entitled Verbia Daemonicus. With this album they've proved their huge potential and creativity, and showed once again, that france exports the best black metal. The music is pretty fast, heavy and filled with great guitar solos.

this is Infestvvs. the band's logo is in my sig

I bet many of you guys never heard of them before, so this is the oportunity to check them out. One of their best song, entitled To The Bone, can be downloaded from their MySpace or Offical site.

Discuss!
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
21.03.2007 - 22:57
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
You're signature and little promo-talk definatly made me interested!

Listening to 'To The Bone' right now and it sounds quite good. Not really 'french' though, since I think of poppy (Alcest) or melancholic (Mystic Forest) bands when they're from France. But doesn't mean they aren't good, I quite like it.

This will definatly get a couple of more listenings from the coming days!
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
21.03.2007 - 23:16
Damnated
Churchburner
french bands doesn't really have any similarities concerning their sound. i mean take deathspell omega, blut aus nord, Amesoeurs and rex mundi. they sound as if they were from different planets
----

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
21.03.2007 - 23:49
..HumanError..
Account deleted
French band huh ? Out of patriotism, im going to get some.

Patriotism ?... or curiosity ?
22.03.2007 - 13:06
Lucas
Mr. Noise
elite
Written by Damnated on 21.03.2007 at 23:16

french bands doesn't really have any similarities concerning their sound. i mean take deathspell omega, blut aus nord, Amesoeurs and rex mundi. they sound as if they were from different planets

Yeah, you're right. But I was just saying what I immediatly think, and that first thought can be wrong. IS wrong, in this case.
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.03.2007 - 14:04
Hyvaarin
Wow, I'm REALLY liking this. Really cool, well-done atmosphere, and the quiet outro of 'To the Bone' is truly awesome.
----
"Summoned By Words Never Spoken Before..."
25.03.2007 - 19:32
Damnated
Churchburner
I've uploaded a track from the album, entitled Endarkenement. imo this is the best song on the album. leech and enjoy. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=21R0GAMX
----

28.03.2007 - 01:34
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
Unknow band for me. Shame on me. I go to flog myself for the punishment :

Thank you for the links, I like their music
29.03.2007 - 08:42
Himann
Orm KrigGud
I listened to one of the mp3s and I thought it was quite good. I'll try and find it but that might prove to be difficult..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
29.03.2007 - 15:48
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Himann on 29.03.2007 at 08:42

I listened to one of the mp3s and I thought it was quite good. I'll try and find it but that might prove to be difficult..

if you're interested, i can send you a link.
----

30.03.2007 - 00:30
Southern Wind
Account deleted
I liked Glorior Belli, so I will try them.. on the other hand, I'm freaking scared about the fact that I'm agreeing a lot with Damnated lately
30.03.2007 - 23:20
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Damnated on 29.03.2007 at 15:48

Written by Himann on 29.03.2007 at 08:42

if you're interested, i can send you a link.

I'm definitely interested..!! I thought they were quite good!
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
28.11.2007 - 22:47
Damnated
Churchburner
*bump*

i'm still surprised how good this band is, considering that it's just a side project of Infestuus from Glorior Belli. i could listen to verbia Daemonicus 24/7
----

29.11.2007 - 01:07
Insineratehymn
Account deleted
I'm listening to them right now, and I really like it. I really like their extensive use of Latin as well.
09.12.2007 - 09:37
Sunioj
Great band, their new debut from this year is a must for Glorior Belli listeners or just anyone thats looking for a good BM release from this year in general.
02.06.2008 - 14:16
Narterath
Bumping an old thread, but I wanted to post this statement from Infestuus:

"I, Infestvvs, being the main leader behind in Glorior Belli and Obscurus Advocam have to take some drastic measures for the sake of both bands.

When O.A. was created back in 2005, it was a small side project dedicated to Darkness but things evolved, changing my vision of this band & its potential. In the meantime, Glorior Belli was also evolving a lot and slowly the line between those bands became thiner... Nowadays the line is just too thin! There is no point to carry on this way, having two different bands & members but doing the same thing.

O.A. is doomed to remain in Darkness... So be it! Until further notice the band has to be considered on hold, probably even "split up".

I let people think that Glorior Belli would record a new full-length this summer... This is not my will anymore! Rushing into a studio would be a terrible mistake. What has been composed so far is not what I intended to do with G.B.

So don't expect anything too soon, new material as all good things will come in time!

We have just signed a deal with Candlelight Records & Battle Kommands Records, both will re-release our first album "Ô Lavdate Dominvs" in a few. Candlelight Records may also re-release our second full-length "Manifesting The Raging Beast" later this year.

Maka Inpt Age!
I/."
02.06.2008 - 21:13
Damnated
Churchburner
i guess it was inevitable since the only music writer was Infestuus. they released a great album, and died in triumph. all my respect for the guy for focusing on one project and not rushing things that not supposed to be rushed.

might get that re-release of Ô Lavdate Dominvs tbh.
----