Metal Storm logo
MaYaN - Announce Lineup Changes

MaYaN have recently announced on their Facebook page two new members. Joining their ranks are Roel Käller taking over bass duties from Rob Van Der Loo, who will continue to play with Epica and a new project. MaYaN also welcome the addition of vocalist George Oosthoek who is known for his work with Orphanage and guest appearances with Delain.

Here is the statement from Mark Jansen: "We are happy to announce the addition of two new members to the MaYaN family. Last weekend they joined us already on stage at two shows in The Netherlands. First of all there's Roel Käller, a very nice guy and very skilled fretless bass player. We would like to thank Rob for his dedication, passion and hard work over the last years. He also wrote the killer track: 'Bloodline Forfeit' which we'll keep playing for sure. We wish him a lot of success with Epica and his new project.

"Secondly, there's George Oosthoek, also a great guy and awesome grunter. Many of you know him from his time in Orphanage and collaborations with Delain and others. As MaYaN had to decline many festival offers during 2014 and 2015 due to very busy schedules we felt it was about time to come up with a solution for this situation. It would be a pity if MaYaN wouldn't be able to play shows on a regular basis anymore while we have two great albums in the pocket which we're very proud of. Ariën and I will be joining our dear friends of MaYaN as much as we can and so will George. You will keep seeing us together on stage here and there as well! MaYaN has always been a band with different line ups for all shows anyway and that's also part of our strength. George is one of the very few people I trust with performing the MaYaN songs so it's needless to say that I am very happy and grateful that he accepted our invitation to join us. Welcome George and Roel and long life to MaYaN!
"

Watch George and Roel perform with the band:

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: MaYaN
Posted: 14.04.2016 by HyperDrifter

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 77 users
14.04.2016 - 14:20
s_t_s
Well even tho ANTAGONIZE wasn't as enjoyable as QUATERPAST, I still dig that band and hope to see another album pop up in a near future.
14.04.2016 - 14:38
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
elite
The grunthoer van Utrecht joins MaYaN
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

14.04.2016 - 16:45
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by s_t_s on 14.04.2016 at 14:20

Well even tho ANTAGONIZE wasn't as enjoyable as QUATERPAST, I still dig that band and hope to see another album pop up in a near future.

This.
14.04.2016 - 17:07
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Four vocalists is a tad excessive for what they're trying to accomplish imo.
15.04.2016 - 10:22
s_t_s
Written by LeKiwi on 14.04.2016 at 17:07

Four vocalists is a tad excessive for what they're trying to accomplish imo.

Well, isn't Mayan supposed to be a band like Therion, meaning changing lineup and vocalist quite often ? Sure they don't play in the same category atm, yet I'm eager to hear from another album.
15.04.2016 - 10:36
HyperDrifter
Mark does suggest in his statement that the line-up is always changing and this has probably been done so they can play more shows.

I hope this means Mark does not take a step to let George take over as I really want to see MaYan with Mark fronting them.

Hits total: 2001 | This month: 4