Metal Storm logo
Ayreon - Joins Mascot Label Group

After announcing their upcoming The Theater Equation DVD, Ayreon have now signed with Mascot Label Group. For now, seven Ayreon studio albums are digitally available again at this location. According to mastermind Arjen Anthony Lucassen, this is just the beginning and you can expect more good news soon. Maybe a new Ayreon record is in the works?

Arjen Lucassen and Mascot Label Group CEO Ed van Zijl go back twenty years. Ed was doing business out of his one-man office when Arjen showed up on his doorstep, with Ayreon's debut album, The Final Experiment, in hand. They didn't ink a deal that day, but both parties are extremely pleased to say that as of 2016, Music Theories Recordings (part of Mascot Label Group) is Ayreon's new home.

Source: mascotlabelgroup.com
Band profile: Ayreon
Posted: 24.04.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 74 users
24.04.2016 - 20:14
SoUnDs LiKe PoP

Wasn't a huge fan of The Theory of Everything, expected a bit more. Hopefully a return to form on the next album. I know he can still write great music, because The Gentle Storm album was fantastic.
----
I lift weights and listen to metal
26.04.2016 - 00:48
Opethian

Written by SoUnDs LiKe PoP on 24.04.2016 at 20:14

Wasn't a huge fan of The Theory of Everything, expected a bit more. Hopefully a return to form on the next album. I know he can still write great music, because The Gentle Storm album was fantastic.

Theory was a letdown and I know that wasn't Arjen at 100%. His fans know what this mastermind can churn out. Hopeful for a follow up
27.04.2016 - 19:59
Lethrokai

I actually really liked Theory; it's currently my 2nd favourite Ayreon release. So honestly I'm just hoping for similar consistency.
----
Sometimes you just need to roll the dice and look away.

Hits total: 1551 | This month: 4