Metal Storm logo
Arch Enemy - Former Guitarist Rejoins

The following statement has been issued on Arch Enemy's website:

Arch Enemy are pleased to be able to announce that original guitarist Christopher Amott is rejoining the band with immediate effect. The band, having finished an intense 18 month touring cycle all over the world promoting the "Doomsday Machine' album and "Live Apocalypse" DVD, are currently busy working on songs for their new studio album.

Christopher surprised many by departing Arch Enemy at the end of the "Doomsday Machine' recording sessions in 2005, having been in the band for 10 years (starting with Arch Enemy at age 18). Christopher followed his urge to see the outside world and find what else is out there apart from music. Having done that, the time is right for him to return to the fold with a newly injected bite and focus and to resume his career.

Commenting on the re-grouping announcement he states:

"This is very exciting for me, returning to Arch Enemy as a fulltime member! Right now we are working on our forthcoming album and I'm very pleased about the way it's turning out. The new songs are fast and furious with lots of melody! To all the people who sent me kind messages while I was out of the band, thank you for your support, it helped me a lot. After this (much needed) two year break, I'm looking forward to getting back on the road. I hope to see you all later this year!"

Arch Enemy mastermind Michael Amott compliments his younger brother Christopher perfectly in style and chemistry and together they have become one of the most infamous and ripping guitar teams in extreme metal. Michael comments:

"So, we are back with my brother Christopher on guitar - it's a huge rush to have him back playing in his signature style! He's jumped in at the end of the songwriting process for the new album and added some of his unique spice! I feel Christopher's playing has matured and is more precise and even faster than before! Guitar fans are going to freak on the stuff we are getting up to on the new album!"

The last two years have been the busiest and most successful touring campaign of Arch Enemy´s entire career, so the many fans both old and especially new can now look forward to witnessing Christopher´s return to the stages of the world. In regards to Fredrik Åkesson, the Swedish guitar-wizard who has been touring with Arch Enemy for 18 months and who can be seen on the band´s latest video clip for the song "My Apocalypse", Michael states:

"I want to add that we are eternally grateful to Fredrik Åkesson, who did an outstanding job with Arch Enemy over the past 18 months while we dragged the 'Doomsday Machine' around the world a couple of times - YOU ARE FUCKING AWESOME!"

Arch Enemy have spent the last weeks locked in intense rehearsals at their homebase in Halmstad, Sweden, putting the final touches to the new material and integrating Christopher on the new songs for the forthcoming studio album. More news on this will follow in the next few days, so stay tuned?

Source: archenemy.net
Band profile: Arch Enemy
Posted: 22.03.2007 by Thryce

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   Visited by: 10 users
22.03.2007 - 20:09
Herzebeth

this is so gay!
----
22.03.2007 - 20:17
Lucas
Mr. Noise
Why? Kind of good news, I liked Chris's work. Kind of a bummer for Fredrik though, what can you do what eternal gratefulness?
----
SLUDGE. DOOM. DEATH. Wait, what?

"The reason I'm running for president is because I can't be Bruce Springsteen." - Barack Obama
22.03.2007 - 20:37
Passenger
Lost To Apathy
Gay as in happy? if so, I agree. I think it's great news to see the brothers back together in AE. I can't wait for the next album, what a hard working band.
----
You don't make up for your sins in church. You do it in the streets. You do it at home. The rest is bullshit and you know it ~ Mean Streets
22.03.2007 - 22:19
=maD.Doc:.
Melodeath Master
Yay, Cristopher \m/ Should be interesting in seeing him on stage Looking forward to the new album and the next tour
22.03.2007 - 22:33
wrathchild

Wow, I wasn't expecting that! Especially since Michael told me at MetalWay last year that Fredrik had composed some great (and furious) stuff for the new album... Somehow I feel bad for him as I would have enjoyed seeing him play the songs he contributed to.

But well, Christopher is back, that's awesome and I'm sure the new album will kick ass
----
La belleza no reside en lo que puedas crear, sino en lo que eres capaz de transmitir
Beauty resides not in what you're able to create, but in what you're able to communicate

Txus, Mägo De Oz
22.03.2007 - 22:51
GT
Coffee!!
To bad for Fredrik, but sounds pretty nice with the new album
----

Dreams are made so we don't get bored when we sleep
22.03.2007 - 23:02
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Im very happy to know this! The "magic" will continue i hope. I have high hopes on this new album. Welcome back Chris, you rock
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
23.03.2007 - 12:04
Katatronik
Angel of Lust
Yeah! Christopher comes back and the brothers rejoin together, a new life for Arch Enemy, I'm very happy for them!
Anyway, that's too bad for Fredrik...
Now ready for a new amazing album with the brothers!
----

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear,
and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."
Howard Phillips Lovecraft
24.03.2007 - 02:29
Daru Jericho

Bad for Fred but good for the band as a whole, I guess. Win som lose some. At least there's no animosity.
----
Aborted Misanthropic Smurf Puppy On Acid.

24.03.2007 - 13:46
GodOfBodoM
Account deleted
Have you good to be back Christopher & Aerch Enemy YOU ROCK can't wait for the new album!
25.03.2007 - 21:23
Bash'
:)
Great
----
I saw her standing by the crimson sea...
Isolated by the silent thoughts...
Her gazing was intense but so dead...

The teardrops corroded the soil.. She couldn't say a word to me...
25.03.2007 - 21:40
~Nagash~
Account deleted
Cool the Ammot brothers back in one band again
17.04.2007 - 00:14
Paradox0
Unasuming Madnes
This is great news. I seem to find great things about this band whenever I'm just passing by places (I didin't know about doomsday until I walked into best buy one day)
17.04.2007 - 03:08
Bitch Boy

Good for Christopher but bad for poor Fredrik.
25.06.2007 - 16:54
Abattoir

Yes, Ammot brothers back again ..nice to hear

Hits total: 2651 | This month: 4