Metal Storm logo
Akercocke - Working On New Album, New Song Available

It's happening! London progressive/death metal act Akercocke rise from the dead. They broke up in 2012, and after 4 years, they now come back with new music to offer. The group is active again and has launched some official band pages. The other good news is that they are working on their new and sixth album, Renaissance In Extremis, following 2007's Antichrist. You can hear their new song "Inner Sanctum" here.

On their new official website, the band writes: "Akercocke 2016 sees founder members Jason Mendonça (guitars/vocals) & David Gray(drums) re-joined by original guitarist Paul Scanlan. The line-up is completed by bassist Nathaniel Underwood. We have returned fueled by positivity and a new collection of unique, challenging material. Akercocke's raison d'etre has always been to try and develop our sound from one album to the next.

"Presently we are working on our sixth studio album - Renaissance In Extremis. Expect new atmospheres, musical diversity, the sublime and the ridiculous. Watch this space for studio reports, tour dates, festival bookings and insight into order from chaos..."

For now, the reunited Akercocke have been confirmed to perform at this year's Bloodstock U.K. festival.

Source: akercocke.co.uk
Band profile: Akercocke
Posted: 26.04.2016 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 18   Visited by: 170 users
26.04.2016 - 13:23
BloodTears
ANA-thema
Yes, yes!!

I've wanted this for so long Also, digging the new song.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.04.2016 - 13:51
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Niiiiiice. New song is pretty good too.
26.04.2016 - 15:17
Auntie Sahar
Drone Empress
This is some news of the year for sure. The Goat Of Mendes is probably my favorite Akercocke album (in the minority, I know), but really everything they've ever done is pretty top of the shelf extreme prog in my book. HIGHLY anticipated

Also, Jason Mendonça was, is, and shall be the best extreme metal vocalist out there. Fite me IRL if u disagree
----
I am the Magician and the Exorcist. I am the axle of the wheel, and the cube in the circle. “Come unto me” is a foolish word: for it is I that go.

~ II. VII
26.04.2016 - 15:45
Big-Al

TITS & GOATS!!!!
----

I drink moosepiss
26.04.2016 - 16:22
a MasT

AHHHHHHHH
26.04.2016 - 16:31
Malignar

Booooyah!
26.04.2016 - 17:04
Darkside Momo
Retired
Yeah, finally!
Also, great new song
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
26.04.2016 - 17:16
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
This is my b-day, x-mas and Easter all together! Hell yeah!
26.04.2016 - 18:24
cossaisVendeurs

Loving the new song. I wonder if they'll ditch the suits from looking at the new band photo...
26.04.2016 - 18:37
visiblenoise

I am really freaking excited
26.04.2016 - 20:01
Gothmog_Motsham

Meow I fucking love this band
26.04.2016 - 21:07
@gent_-_orange

Holy fuck I wasn't expecting this! So excited for this.
26.04.2016 - 21:20
Dave FC

Me like it !
27.04.2016 - 06:26
Introspekrieg
Totemic Lust
EXCLAMATIONPOINT. Turtlenecks > Suits. I'm not sure what energy source they tap into, but everything they have ever done has so much more of an intentioned intensity than anything I've ever heard. Maybe it's the dynamics, the balancing of sounds that makes me hang on to every second of each track. They choose their sections of sound so well and piece them together even better, like no other band...
28.04.2016 - 02:38
Eye-Licker

I squealed like a little girl when i saw this in my updates. had no idea! ahahaha, can hardly contain my excitement! that song sounds like something between words and deeds and antichrist, but worthy of both.
28.04.2016 - 05:55
Mad Arab666

I always wanted this band to come back and now they are. I'm extremely excited for this. The track they released is pretty damn awesome as well.
----
Bring up the wolves head!
29.04.2016 - 22:50
Dave FC

Written by Introspekrieg on 27.04.2016 at 06:26

Maybe it's the dynamics, the balancing of sounds that makes me hang on to every second of each track. They choose their sections of sound so well and piece them together even better, like no other band...

I just can't disagree. They're so good doing this..
16.05.2016 - 22:44
Michaelgpc

Happy days...and consolation on the day I found out that Agalloch is no more...

Hits total: 3814 | This month: 4