Metal Storm logo
Evergrey - New Album Coming This Year

It looks like Evergrey fans won't have to wait that long for a new album from the Swedes. Following the success of Hymns For The Broken (2014), the progressive metallers have been recording new material for their next record since March at Top Floor Studios. The mixing was handled by Jacob Hansen. This will be Evergrey's 10th record. Let's hope it will be a special one.

The album details are still under wraps for now but the band is planning to release it in 2016.

But you can expect guest artists, string duos and choirs.

Photo from the studio

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Evergrey
Posted: 28.04.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   Visited by: 80 users
28.04.2016 - 13:26
Nimlot
A. Reader
I kind of lost interest in Evergrey with Hymns but I'll check this one out.
28.04.2016 - 13:41
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Nimlot on 28.04.2016 at 13:26

I kind of lost interest in Evergrey with Hymns but I'll check this one out.

Their previous album was a considerable return to form, so hopefully they'll make something to match the quality of their early works.
28.04.2016 - 14:32
WorpeX
Made of Metal
I haven't liked an entire Evergrey album since Inner Circle. The last couple albums i've liked some songs on the record but not all of them. Hymns was a step up from Collision and Torn to me though. Can't say im overly excited for a new album, Evergrey releases albums way too quickly...
28.04.2016 - 16:04
Nimlot
A. Reader
Written by LeKiwi on 28.04.2016 at 13:41

Their previous album was a considerable return to form, so hopefully they'll make something to match the quality of their early works.

See, I thought it was just a very tired rehash of what you'd expect from them. The lyrics made me cringe, they were so bland and melodramatic, and some riffs I could have sworn were lifted straight from previous songs. Hymns For The Broken was released just when I was really into Evergrey and it came as a wet blanket.

I don't long for the days of The Inner Circle, so matching their early works means little to me. I think I'm just kind of over the band as a whole.
28.04.2016 - 17:05
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Written by Nimlot on 28.04.2016 at 16:04

See, I thought it was just a very tired rehash of what you'd expect from them. The lyrics made me cringe, they were so bland and melodramatic, and some riffs I could have sworn were lifted straight from previous songs. Hymns For The Broken was released just when I was really into Evergrey and it came as a wet blanket.

I don't long for the days of The Inner Circle, so matching their early works means little to me. I think I'm just kind of over the band as a whole.

It wasn't exactly a masterpiece or anything daring, but it was miles ahead of the three half-assed albums prior. I've not had much hope for the band in a long while, but seeing as they've at least tried on the last one...there's a small part of me that believes they can do better again
28.04.2016 - 18:56
robpal
Proglord
"Hymns" were awesome. And I have high hopes for this one too!
28.04.2016 - 20:18
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
Written by LeKiwi on 28.04.2016 at 17:05

It wasn't exactly a masterpiece or anything daring, but it was miles ahead of the three half-assed albums prior. I've not had much hope for the band in a long while, but seeing as they've at least tried on the last one...there's a small part of me that believes they can do better again

Agreed. I'm more excited about this one than I've been in a long time. At least, Hymns had some really good songs and was a big improvement.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
01.05.2016 - 20:46
The Evergreen
It's funny how people experience music. So many here dislike the direction that Evergrey has taken. I, on the other hand, like each album more than the last, though not to say that I don't like their older stuff... Far from it!
I'm excited to hear more from them

Hits total: 2014 | This month: 4