‹‹ Back to the Extreme metal forum Pages: 1 [2]
Users visited: 41  
Search this topic:  

The original post

Posted by Mega-Slayer on 23.05.2006 at 01:30
Wow I never new how great this band was till the other day I listened to their classic album "Seven Churches",now its my new fav. album.Its a shame they had such a short lived career,I haven't heard their other albums are they good as well?They are the pioneers of death metal,aren't they?Seven chuches is filled with heavy riffs and fast drum work and Jeff Becerra does a good job with his growling vocals.

Page 2 of 2

moshnot
Account deleted
  01.11.2007 at 19:19
i like possessed, espescially the seven churches stuff
also, i heard that their guitarist is in primus now
kinda weird thinking someone who played on such a heavy, early death metal album places "funk metal" now
Fucked Upstairs.
Account deleted
  07.01.2008 at 17:49
First time I heard Possessed I worshiped it, especially the song "The Exorcist" and the entire debut album in general. But after a couple of months, Seven Churches just started to bore the living crap out of me and I was never too crazy about their next 2 releases anyway. Today, I listen to Possessed like 3-4 times a year, but I'm not really into it anymore like I used to be. But still, gotta give them the credit for creating the genre I love most.
Sunioj

07.01.2008 at 17:53
Written by Guest on 07.01.2008 at 17:49

First time I heard Possessed I worshiped it, especially the song "The Exorcist" and the entire debut album in general. But after a couple of months, Seven Churches just started to bore the living crap out of me and I was never too crazy about their next 2 releases anyway. Today, I listen to Possessed like 3-4 times a year, but I'm not really into it anymore like I used to be. But still, gotta give them the credit for creating the genre I love most.

Yeah, its good stuff but I can only listen to it occasionally, so its not something I can enjoy 24/7 but good every once in awhile.
Son of Odin

14.01.2008 at 10:54
This is one of the classic black metal bands along with Venom and Bathory.
Great music!
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
Bad English
nobody

14.01.2008 at 11:36
Written by Guest on 01.11.2007 at 19:19

Its almoust only stuff what ppl in nowdays can get, also demo
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''

I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
Number Juan

16.01.2008 at 08:39
I completely agree with the OP. I was unconsciously avoiding this band for a long time. I heard Seven Churches recently and I thought it was awesome. Great early death metal.
----
A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand. - Bertrand Russell
theflyingmachine

14.11.2008 at 17:56
This is a band that I didn't really care much for of what I had heard, so I waited way too long to check out Seven Churches. They remind me a little of Venom...in a good way. It is a definite classic, though I am not sure if I downloaded a copy of the original or the remaster (or if the quality of the downloaded was crap) because the production was definitely on the weak side. How is the sound on the remaster?
ThunderAxe1989
Irreligious

06.12.2008 at 15:41
Written by Guest on 01.11.2007 at 19:19

also, i heard that their guitarist is in primus now
kinda weird thinking someone who played on such a heavy, early death metal album places "funk metal" now

are you serious?

that SUCKS.

cuz I'm just getting into them, through Morbid Angel I decided to check out the more old school DM, and wow I like the songs from "Seven Churches". The guitars get pretty insane
JENNYJUDAS87
Account deleted
  15.01.2009 at 03:47
Possessed is still one of the best death/ thrash metal bands out there right now!!!! Jeff Becerra and Sadistic Intent give it 110% on stage!!!I love this band!!

Advertise on Metal Storm
Pages: 1 [2]

Login or register to post here.