Metal Storm logo
AC/DC - 7000 Belgian Fans Request Refunds For Axl Rose-Fronted Show

Since frontman Brian Johnson could no longer perform with AC/DC due to hearing loss, and the band announced that Axl Rose will be their new live vocalist for the upcoming tours, many fans aren't happy with the choice. In fact, 7,000 Belgian fans want their money back for the tickets they bought. Fans have been offered similar refunds for the 12 other dates on the European tour, which kicks off in Lisbon, Portugal on May 7th and runs until June 12th.

The rock group are set to play the Festivalpark in Werchter on 16 May but many fans have lost the desire to go.

Belgian newspaper De Standaard printed the following statement issued by concert promoter Live Nation: "About 7,000 tickets were refunded. The released tickets were first offered to those on the waiting list. The remaining 6,000 are now on sale."

Johnson issued an emotional statement at the time of his withdrawal, calling it the "darkest day of his professional life". "I am personally crushed by this development more than anyone could ever imagine," he said. "The emotional experience I feel now is worse than anything I have ever in my life felt before."

"My doctors have told me that I can continue to record in studios and I intend to do that," Johnson said. "For the moment, my entire focus is to continue medical treatment to improve my hearing. I am hoping that in time my hearing will improve and allow me to return to live concert performances. While the outcome is uncertain, my attitude is optimistic."

Axl Rose will head out on his Guns N' Roses summer stadium tour following the run of dates with AC/DC.

Source: independent.co.uk
Band profile: AC/DC
Posted: 05.05.2016 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 8   [ 2 ignored ]   Visited by: 155 users
05.05.2016 - 15:15
@gent_-_orange

I bet Axl's ego is sore after this.
05.05.2016 - 18:30
cossaisVendeurs

I don't get why they didn't get Pelle Almqvist from The Hives.

Sure, The Hives may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I reckon he would have done a good job seeming he is a fan of AC/DC and supported them with The Hives some moons ago, so he'd work at not fucking the gig up. But AC/DC decided to do a cash in and get Axl, which seems to have backfired.
05.05.2016 - 18:39
@gent_-_orange

Written by @gent_-_orange on 05.05.2016 at 18:38

Written by cossaisVendeurs on 05.05.2016 at 18:30

Sure, The Hives may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I reckon he would have done a good job seeming he is a fan of AC/DC and supported them with The Hives some moons ago, so he'd work at not fucking the gig up. But AC/DC decided to do a cash in and get Axl, which seems to have backfired.

Pelle is a good vocalist for the style he plays and is class as a live performer, cant see him playing in ACDC though, he would be very out of place
05.05.2016 - 18:41
cossaisVendeurs

Written by @gent_-_orange on 05.05.2016 at 18:39

Written by @gent_-_orange on 05.05.2016 at 18:38

Written by cossaisVendeurs on 05.05.2016 at 18:30

Pelle is a good vocalist for the style he plays and is class as a live performer, cant see him playing in ACDC though, he would be very out of place

I agree actually after just hearing them take on 'Back in Black'. it's good, but yeah it'd be out of place.

Still, I bet the Airborne singer is fuming
05.05.2016 - 18:59
BloodTears
ANA-thema
A few friends of mine won't go to the Lisbon show because it's Axl.

I guess the tour isn't going to be as profitable as they thought. Axl surely isn't cheap. They must've paid him well.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
06.05.2016 - 07:49
Ankläger

I wish I had a ticket so I could request a refund and support this.

AC/DC was lucky to find Brian Johnson in their darkest hour, and they shouldn't be throwing him away like a used condom.
Malcolm Young? Sure, you can replace him for the world tour and such, as long as there is no new album.
But Brian, the literal VOICE of AC/DC? Go home, gents. You've already won the war, what's the point in shooting the survivors?
11.05.2016 - 10:41
thatkellygirl

It just won't be the same, so I don't blame them.
19.05.2016 - 00:58
EricAxel36

Could you imagine if Priest toured with Rose instead of Halford, or Maiden with Rose instead of Dickinson? How about Sabbath? Or Metallica, or MegaDeth? Sometimes the vocalist is too integral of a piece to miss out on

Hits total: 2736 | This month: 5