Metal Storm logo
Which team do you support in Football, Basketball, Baseball etc.

23.03.2007 - 17:54
iaberis
Advice Troll
Since there's no topic about this, here it is!
Please tell us which team do you support in the sports you like! Not only football, since there's already a topic about that...
Do you go often to watch games live or prefer to sit down and watch it from TV?
When you go to the games, do you wear any special team stuff or you're not that obsessed with it?
Also tell us whatever you like us to know!
Please remember that this is not a topic about just one sport, but every team sport you like, like Football/Soccer, Basketball, Baseball, Rugby, Volleyball, Cricket, Handball, Hockey...
----
Bitch! Please
23.03.2007 - 18:20
iaberis
Advice Troll
I usually like to watch every team sport both live and from TV, when I have the chance to do that, so here are my basic choices for every sport that I like:

Football/Soccer: First of all, I support my hometown team, called Anagenissi Karditsas! It's in the 3rd division of Greece Championship. I also support Olympiacos from Athens/Piraeus which is in the 1st division of Greece and Barcelona FC from 1st Spain division!
Mostly I've watched my hometown live, since the stadium is next to my house! So everytime there's a game, I usually go, wearing a scarf with the colours of the team... I've also watched some games of Olympiacos, Paok and Aek from 1st Greek Division and some games of Panachaiki FC which is the team of the city I'm studying now. I've also watched two games of the 2004 Olympics, Japan vs Ghana in men and the final in women between USA and Brasil.

Basketball: Hm... this is not one of my favorite sports... Here I go for the team of Aris from Thessaloniki. I also used to support Chicago Bulls, when Michael Jordan was there!
I rarely watch this game live, since it doesn't fascinate me much... The teams I've watched live are Aris, Makedonikos, Apollon Patras and Olympiacos from the A1 division of Greece... I've also watched some female games (hehe...) in the 2004 Olympics, between Greece and USA and Russia vs Czech Republic! (I'd watch those games again if I had the chance )

I've also watched some Volleyball and Handball games but nothing important, some games for the high school championship (female of course! ) and some games of my hometown team called SPAK in the 3rd division of the Greek volleyball championship... I like to watch games in the TV too when that's possible...
----
Bitch! Please
23.03.2007 - 18:25
heresiarch
Forever Dead
In basketball I got 4 favs

Miami Heat - coz there is my alltime fav player - Alonzo Mourning
Houston Rockets - one of my fav players played there - Otis Thorpe
New York Knicks - I've seen one game at MSG
Los Angeles Lakers - I got over 50 laker games on tape
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
23.03.2007 - 18:27
iaberis
Advice Troll
I've heard Patras has a good team in volleyball too and the field is close to where I'm living now. Damn! I should go there since I've never seen a 1st division game in volleyball! I don't know when they're playing though
----
Bitch! Please
23.03.2007 - 18:30
iaberis
Advice Troll
Written by heresiarch on 23.03.2007 at 18:25

Wow! 50 games on tape? I don't think I've ever seen so many games in basketball yet! If I had the chance to watch NBA in TV too, I'd do that for sure! I've heard they really do some amazing things there!
----
Bitch! Please
23.03.2007 - 21:27
Ernotar
Cookie Mistress
My favourite football team, like everyone probably knows, is Liverpool. In Spanish league I support Atletico Madrid, in Portuguese league Benfica and in German league Dortmund. But in case Liverpool faces any of those teams, they always come first.

My favourite ice hockey team is Jokerit, but from a more international view, Chicago Blackhawks.

I don't go to see games as the tickets are so expensive and Finnish football sucks. So, I prefer watching the games that come on tv.
----
You'll never walk alone.
23.03.2007 - 21:47
Lupas
Maximus
Another sport related thread

Well everyone here know that i support FIORENTINA AC.
It is obvious that i support my home town team which is HAMRUN SPARTANS currently second (only one pt) in the maltese first DIvision ( We are coming back in top )
Others are Liverpool and Aston Villa in Eng, Barcelona in Spain and Boca Juniors in Argentina .

Other sport i like is fustal , my teams are Italy and Spain, i also like volleyball and waterpolo. (mainly teams from malta like Neptunes.) I begin to understand a bit from rugby and may i say that it is a great sport .

I use to watch most of the games on tv , otherwise i should travel every Sunday to Italy to watch games (money is the problem). But when there is a hot derby in a local game i use to go to staduim. ( To fight )
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
23.03.2007 - 22:10
darksun

In football i support fenerbahce in turkey league and in europe just one:Nothingam Forest.
----
Dark is the sunlight,we cast the life together
Dark is the sunlight or I'm blind forever..
24.03.2007 - 01:20
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Football : My main team as you all know is Chelsea , but I also support my local team Colchester United.

I don't go to Chelsea matches as it is too expensive , but I have visited Stamford Bridge on a stadium tour.
I don't have a team shirt either - that would just look silly , but my son has several - he's a Chelsea supporter too.

Teams from other countries : Spain - Barcelona , Serbia - Partizan Belgrade , Greece - Olympiacos , Italy - Juventus

Cricket : I support Essex and England and also my sons cricket team.
I sometimes go to a cricket match , but I've never seen England live - only on tv.

Rugby League : I don't suppose many of you know this sport , but you should ry to see a game sometime , it is similar to Rugby Union , but doesn't have so many stoppages .
Anyway my favourite team in Wigan Warriors.
Again I only see these games on tv , as almost all rugby league is played in the north of England and I live in the south.

Things like basketball , volleyball , ice hockey are not popular in England so I don't get to see them .
----
Hell is other people - Jean-Paul Sartre
24.03.2007 - 01:46
Taktsekte
Your Ad Here!
Football: I am a Rayo Vallecano fan since I was born.

Perhaps you have never heard of them, for they are a rather poor team. In international championships, I support any contesting Spanish team (Valencia, Real Madrid, Atlético de Madrid, whatever) but FC Barcelona, which I hate with a passion.

If I am asked to choose within other leagues: Liverpool is my favourite British team (for their game quality and their marvelous anthem); as for Germany, I choose Werder Bremen because Bremen was the first German city I visited and enjoyed (it seemed everybody was a Werder Bremen supporter there!); finally, River Plate is my pick for Argentina for two reasons: first, I had an Argentinian classmate who was a die-hard River Plate fan (although his brother liked Boca Juniors, lol). Second, there is a joint River Plate - Rayo Vallecano supporting crowd, Peña Rayista Riverplatense Argentina.

Basketball: With the latent risk of being flamed by K7, I support Baloncesto Real Madrid. Again, I support any Spanish team (with the exception of FC Barcelona) which fights any non-Spanish one: DKV Joventut, Unicaja Málaga... I don't have a favourite team outside Spain yet.

Handball: Balonmano Ciudad Real till death! That's where my mom comes from ^_^

Rugby: My college team, lol. Physics ftw!

This is pretty much all of it. I have no idea about rugby, cricket, tennis, volleyball, hockey or waterpolo - I only tend to follow it when our national team has an important match (except for golf, cricket and tennis which I cannot stand).
24.03.2007 - 17:00
Lupas
Maximus
@Hanna

But why you choose Juve from all the italian teams
----
"For what point has this life if you can't realise your dreams?" -- The Divine Comedy
24.03.2007 - 23:55
irisblaze
Account deleted
Ok i'm just gonna mention the sports that i like the most.

1. football/soccer: Al-Jazeera - Jordan (Club) , Jordan (National Team) thats local, for international my favorite team is AC Milan and Brazil.

2. Basketball: al-jazerrra and jordan national team and i like Olympiakos and the Greece
25.03.2007 - 00:18
Dangerboner
Lactation Cnslt
I support all local teams (Seahawks, Sonics, Thunderbirds, Mariners), even if I don't like the sport. Since there aren't any NHL teams in Seattle (we have WHL), I cheer for the Vancouver Canucks, which is the closest team to Washington. Non-local teams I like are:

NFL

Dallas Cowboys - I became a fan yesterday because they signed my favorite ex-Seahawk, Ken Hamlin. The Cowboys now have the hardest-hitting secondary in the NFL.

Denver Broncos - It seems like they have some of my favorite players every year, and they are consistently good. John Lynch is one of my favorite players, but I like pretty much everyone on that team.

Kansas City Chiefs - The only reason why I really like them is because of their TE, Tony Gonzalez. I don't really care much for the rest of the team though.

NBA

Boston Celtics - lol I know they suck, but they have a lot of players I like. Gerald Green is a rising star, plus I've enjoyed watching Delonte West ever since he played in college. They also have Al Jefferson, who is becoming one of the premier big men in the league. Plus, they have really cool jerseys.

Phoenix Suns - This team is definitely the most exciting in the league. They aren't the best on defense, but they score a lot of points and play at a fast pace. Shawn Marion, Steve Nash, and Amare Stoudemire are a killer trio.

MLB

Cincinnati Reds - They lost most of the players I really like, but they still have ex-Mariner Ken Griffey Jr. I remember just about 2 years ago when they used to have Sean Casey, Barry Larkin, Griffey, and Adam Dunn all together. They just haven't had good pitching, which is the reason for their poor win percentage.
25.03.2007 - 14:17
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Lupas on 24.03.2007 at 17:00

@Hanna

But why you choose Juve from all the italian teams

I know they are not a very popular team but the reason I chose them is very stupid anyway.

They play in black and whte stripes , which is the same strip that my son used to play in.
No other reason really , but once you choose a team you can't change.
----
25.03.2007 - 15:32
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Football

Bosnia: FK Zeljeznicar
Croatia: Varteks
Serbia: Partizan
Italy and all Euro competttionas JUVENTUS
Germany: Werder Bremen
France: Auxer
Enland: West Ham
Spain: Mallorca
Holland: Utrecht
Portugal: Porto
Argentina: Boca Juniors
Brasil: Sao Pauolo

Baksetball:
Bosnia: KK Donji Vakuf
Euroleage CSKA
NBA: Chicago Bulls

Hockey:
NHL Anaheim Ducks, (but only cause of Teemu Selanne)
euro hockey: Lahti Pelicans

Tennis: Marat Safin

Motorsports:
F1 : Feararri WRC: Finnish Drivers always
moto GP: Rossi

Wintersports:
Finns in every sport, and slovenians since we don't have any bosnia yet
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
25.03.2007 - 15:54
hanna of steel
Poison Girl
Written by Bad English on 25.03.2007 at 15:19

Well Udinese and Siena play whit such shirts so ...

Juve were the first ones I noticed - it's too late now.
I can't change - sorry .

You didn't choose an English team for your list :p
----
25.03.2007 - 18:47
heresiarch
Forever Dead
Written by iaberis on 23.03.2007 at 18:30

Written by heresiarch on 23.03.2007 at 18:25

Wow! 50 games on tape? I don't think I've ever seen so many games in basketball yet! If I had the chance to watch NBA in TV too, I'd do that for sure! I've heard they really do some amazing things there!
I made a recount , 69 total Laker games , great showtime from the 80s , all finals , all rivalry games with the Celtics
41 games of Chicago Bulls , all games with Mike scoring over 60 points
----

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
26.03.2007 - 02:39
Stigmatized
Hmmm

NFL

The Carolina Panthers are my team, due to their from my home state. Been a fan ever since I was young.

NBA

While I support whatever team Charlotte has, I enjoy watching the Dallas Mavericks and the Phoenix Suns more. Dallas may be my favorite team right now, they're playing great this year.

NCAA Basketball

I'm not really a North Carolina Tarheels fan. Actually, I was predicting the win they just suffered. I usually root for Michigan St. and Michigan.
26.03.2007 - 05:41
Metal_Messias
Account deleted
I only like football, so...

*Brasil - Flamengo
*Spain - Barcelona
*Italy - Inter
*England - Mancehster Utd.

And that is it, I don't care much about other teams..
26.03.2007 - 11:37
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Football
Different teams in different countries actually..

Norway - Viking F.K

England - Manchester United, West Ham United

Greece - PAOK

Serbia - Crvena Zvezda (Red Star's )

Turkey - Beskitas;

Spain - Valencia, Barcalona a bit as well..

Portugal - F.C Porto

Country vise probably Norway, England and Argentina...

Cricket
Sri Lanka without doubt. They are the only team I've ever supported in this sport..

Sorry for the possibly huge images lol..

Edited: with smaller images ;-)
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
26.03.2007 - 11:47
Eight
Shapeshifter
Hockey: I like Penguins, because of the penguin on their uniform.
----
Book: "I am a Shepherd. Folks like a man of God."

Mal: "No, they don't. Men of God make everyone feel guilty and judged."
26.03.2007 - 15:01
buki of steel
Crystal Ann
Written by EddieGunner on 25.03.2007 at 15:32

Football

how come that you support Varteks?

emmm... mine are:

Football
Croatia - Dinamo zagreb, or any croatian team if we play against some team from other countries

England - Milwall and West Ham (yeah,i suck)

im not interested in any other leauges

Basketball
One and only - Goranin Delnice , fuck the rest
26.03.2007 - 22:20
EddieGunner
Valkoinen kuolem
Written by buki of steel on 26.03.2007 at 15:01

Written by EddieGunner on 25.03.2007 at 15:32

Football

how come that you support Varteks?

emmm... mine are:

Football
Croatia - Dinamo zagreb, or any croatian team if we play against some team from other countries

England - Milwall and West Ham (yeah,i suck)

im not interested in any other leauges

Basketball
One and only - Goranin Delnice , fuck the rest

well member times when Varteks played in euro cups, when they were playin with Mallorca Veldin Karic played thr, since then i started to like, specialy since anyone i know suprots eaitehr DInamo or Hajduk

Millwall and West HAm
----
On pirun vaikea selvitä hengissä hautaan saakka
It is damn difficult to stay alive till the grave
Erno Paasilinna
:devil:
27.03.2007 - 08:32
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Bad English on 26.03.2007 at 16:40

Written by Himann on 26.03.2007 at 11:37

Greece - PAOK

GRRRRR PAOK well Ealdamir be happy see PAOK fans here

BTW better replace P whit greek P hope you know how it locks like, because its better

Difficult to find an image with the greek P actually.. All of those seem to be poor quality images or else in a format that I cant post here..
----
To be Draped by the Shadow of your Morbid Palace. Ohh, Hate Living...The only heat is warm blood

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
27.03.2007 - 10:48
Himann
Orm KrigGud
Written by Bad English on 27.03.2007 at 10:35

Written by Himann on 27.03.2007 at 08:32

Written by Bad English on 26.03.2007 at 16:40

Written by Himann on 26.03.2007 at 11:37

Greece - PAOK

GRRRRR PAOK well Ealdamir be happy see PAOK fans here

BTW better replace P whit greek P hope you know how it locks like, because its better

Difficult to find an image with the greek P actually.. All of those seem to be poor quality images or else in a format that I cant post here..

Yeah brilliant
----

So Pure... So Cold
Transilvanian Hunger
27.03.2007 - 11:49
Valar
IndianSteel
Football - Manchester United also Mahindra United in Indian Football League
Cricket - India
Hockey - India
----
"It's a dangerous business, going out of your door, You step into the Road, and if you don't keep your feet, there is no knowing where you might be swept off to." - J.R.R. Tolkien, "Three Is Company," The Lord of the Rings
27.03.2007 - 13:18
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Football - Feyenoord (although getting less and less interested in football nowadays)
Hockey - The Netherlands (both the men's and women's teams)
Cricket - Kampong (my own club in local competition), The Netherlands, and of the test nations Australia ever since 1979 (both in tests and ODI) so I am not one of those glory hunters else I would have also supported Windies. during that period.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

28.03.2007 - 10:40
Deadsoulman

Basketball (yeah I like it above any other sport): In France it has to be Villeurbanne since I'm living there (it's close to Lyon). In NBA for some reason I've always supported the San Antonio Spurs. Even if there have been other teams I've liked through the years - especially the Seattle Sonics in the mid-90's with Shawn Kemp and the Sacramento Kings with Chris Webber, who is my favourite player - my fondness for the Spurs has never shifted.

Football: Although I live in Lyon and thus kind of support the Olympique Lyonnais, my heart goes to my native city's club, Toulouse FC. They're even having a good season for the first time in 20 years, which makes me quite proud of them. Johan Elmander is a fucking amazing player ^^

US football: Green Bay Packers, probably because it's the first team I've seen on TV. I liked the Brett Favre/Dorsay Levens/Antonio Freeman trio.

There's a shitload of other sports I'm following but I don't really support anyone/any club. Though I used to be a fan of Gustavo Kuerten in tennis
28.03.2007 - 17:03
Raiden
Down Under Staff
Written by Bad English on 27.03.2007 at 12:49

Written by Valar on 27.03.2007 at 11:49

Football - Manchester United also Mahindra United in Indian Football League
Cricket - India
Hockey - India

I doidnt know India play hockey, I didnt know there are ice just kidding, because Indain are strong in field hockey but well seems ewery boddy can kick them ass in Ice Hockey

I think he did mean field hockey, lol. India, Australia, The Netherlands and Pakistan seem to be the best teams going around in field hockey at the moment. What other sports do the Dutchmen excel at Marcel?
----
"Scream for me Melbourne!!!!"
- Bruce Dickinson

"I don't see any god up here"
- Yuri Gagarin (while in orbit, 1961)
29.03.2007 - 21:03
heresiarch
Forever Dead
For ice-hockey I got just one favourite team: Detroit Red Wings
----

No reason to live for