Metal Storm logo
Skinless

23.05.2006 - 01:32
Bloody Rain
I Am The Night
I thought that I should recreate the Skinless thread. So, is anybody into this crazy death metal band? They aren't really much musically, but they have made some catchy songs and funny lyrics.

Here are some songs: http://www.radioblogclub.com/search/0/skinless

They also have a new album coming out on June 13, and I definitely can't wait.

So, what are your thoughts on this band?
23.05.2006 - 06:10
Immortal Plague
Bloodshedder
This band is awsome, their comming to where i live soon to play a show, its gonna be pretty sweet if i can go. I have been able to get a hold of some of their stuff off of the internet, but not alot, my favorite song is probally The Optimist.
19.06.2006 - 01:24
tuerda
A friend of mine actually turned down a position as their vocalist so he could go to college.

I think they are seriously underrated, actually. Their style is brutal and moshy, but otherwise overpopulated and unappealing. This explains why nobody likes them. The thing is, within the confines of their awful formula, they produce good music. I think that makes them pretty remarkable!
19.06.2006 - 04:34
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I have one of their albums...Progression Towards Evil I think it's called...great album! I love all the little samples that act as intros...funny shit...good band though...
19.06.2006 - 14:03
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Skinless - CD Release Show Set List :

The set list for Skinless' CD release show last night (June 17th) at Saratoga Winners in Latham, NY for their new album, Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead, was as follows:

Overlord
Tampon Lollipops
Execution of Reason
Foreshadowing Our Demise
Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead
Extermination of My Filthy Species
Deathwork
Endvisioned
Spoils of the Sycophant
Tug of War Intestines
The Optimist
----
Your favorite band sucks.
22.06.2006 - 01:28
SepulchralOath
Account deleted
Eh, i think they're alright. Dont love 'em, don't hate 'em.
22.06.2006 - 15:01
Thryce
Retired Staff
elite
Skinless - Two New Songs Posted Online :

New York based death metallers Skinless have posted two more new songs ("Spoils of the Sycophant" and "A Unilateral Disgust") from their recently released new album, Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead, over at their official MySpace page.

(Source : http://www.myspace.com/skinless)
----
Your favorite band sucks.
29.06.2006 - 05:56
Erosive Offals
Account deleted
They seem like a fake death metal band if you ask me, substituting good songs and riffs with "brutal" breakdowns, just like job for a cowboy and all the "hardxcore" bands
29.06.2006 - 14:59
Ruines
Account deleted
Great vox, great guitar riffs, quite catchy overall, good mosh beats. This sums up my opinion of em. Of course there's a lot of band i love a lot more than them but i actually enjoy every listen, even if it's "hardxcore" (what a stupid reason to dislike a band)
14.07.2006 - 02:41
Jerk
Yeah they're pretty good. Seems like they're one of the few bands that is from New York and actually good. I've only heard 3 songs but it's great death metal. I'll probably catch them with Cryptopsy in the fall.
----
Oct 1 - COB, BDM
Dec 7 - CC, BoO
14.07.2006 - 15:49
Ruines
Account deleted
Ordered my Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead LP. Mwaahahaahahaha that's gonna make my neighboors wanna kill me
10.08.2006 - 01:30
tattootildeath
Account deleted
pool of stool! hilarity at it's finest. just picked up their latest, and the singing sucks. you can barely hear them. i saw them live though, with deicide, and immolation, and they were fucking great!:metal:
10.08.2006 - 02:10
Stigmatized
Is their new album worth buying? I have a friend who is considering getting it....but he doesn't want to waste his money if it sucks.
10.08.2006 - 02:19
Ruines
Account deleted
You can listen to 2 song out of the new album on their myspace. I personaly think it's even better than "From Sacrifice to Survival" which was already a good album.
10.08.2006 - 02:22
Stigmatized
Written by Guest on 10.08.2006 at 02:19

You can listen to 2 song out of the new album on their myspace. I personaly think it's even better than "From Sacrifice to Survival" which was already a good album.

Damn....quoting you again.

Well, I've heard a couple of songs and they were good. But you never know if the rest are just fillers or not. But, it sounds like you enjoy it.....so maybe it is worth it.
10.08.2006 - 02:30
Ruines
Account deleted
Well to tell the truth, i haven t listened to each song yet. I received the LP but haven't got the tim to listen to it all yet. But i know i will personaly enjoy the whole album since Skinless plays music that is quite good to my ears. And their songs usualy doesn't stretch too far from their own formula so if you like one song, you should like them all.

The best thing would be to download the album on a p2p software or something and then buy if you like.
12.10.2006 - 16:58
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 22.06.2006 at 01:28

haha
Dont leave - I cant, its old school
Dont hate - haha its to brutal for me
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
15.10.2006 - 23:40
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 12.10.2006 at 16:58

Written by Guest on 22.06.2006 at 01:28

haha
Dont leave - I cant, its old school
Dont hate - haha its to brutal for me

You're funny
15.10.2006 - 23:42
Sepulchral Oath
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 29.06.2006 at 05:56

They seem like a fake death metal band if you ask me, substituting good songs and riffs with "brutal" breakdowns, just like job for a cowboy and all the "hardxcore" bands

Hah, agreed. Job for a cowboy sucks; this stupid girl pants scene "br00tal death/grind" shit seriously has to stop.
24.10.2006 - 06:17
CarnalAbhorrence
Account deleted
They're OK. I was pretty dissapointed at their new release, though I'm not a huge fan to begin with. Trample The Weak is way too repetitive for me, it bores me to tears.
26.10.2006 - 06:15
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Well havent listened to them all that much, just a few tracks.
Seeing them live when they do their tour around Australia in November. So hopefully they'll be selling some merch so i can pick up something... though our gig is the last of the dates so doubt they will.
Still, we dont get many international bands playing in this area of Australia (actually i cant think of any) so it should be good, im pumped for it!
----

Hellcunt Smurf
09.01.2007 - 12:56
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Nothing after my last post? ... shame.

Anyway when I saw them Live (late Nov) they were freaking awesome! Really got the pit going - which doesnt take much here - and the crowd interaction was really good. At one point they started pulling a couple people up on stage... then by the end of the song all the people that were in the pit were up on stage, something like 20 people from the crowd and the band members on this pissy small stage still playing. Funny watching the vocalist trying not to lose his balance and fall on top of the drums
----

Hellcunt Smurf
16.03.2007 - 06:10
blackmagic567
Account deleted
This has been my favorite death metal band for some time now, Trample the Weak, Hurdle the Dead is an awesome album
29.03.2007 - 12:18
Mental_Orgasm
Account deleted
I have only just really heard these guys, Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead is a good cd , i was wondering if there earlier stuff sounds any good? i havent really had a chance to hear it
31.05.2007 - 18:13
baldur
nice band like their speed

Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead is an awesome album!!
31.05.2007 - 21:54
GhostofSanity
Account deleted
Trample The Weak, Hurdle The Dead owns. It's so groovy, brutal, and simple, but never gets boring. Good band.
24.02.2008 - 21:29
SteTech
Brilliant live band, the frontman is full of energy (though he absolutely reaked when I saw them supporting Dying Fetus; so that's what touring does to you!)
15.06.2011 - 05:18
JD
Account deleted
Skinless are awesome, am sad that they split up.