Metal Storm logo
Insomnium - New Album And Book Announced

Finnish melodic death metallers Insomnium have been in the studio forging a very special and bold release during the past few months. Titled Winter's Gate, it is a concept album made up of one epic 40-minute song. The album is built around a short story, "Winter's Gate" ("Talven Portti" in Finnish), written by vocalist and bassist Niilo Sevänen, recipient of numerous Finnish awards and nominations. The short story is about a group of Vikings who set out to find a fabled island west of Ireland, despite the treacherous winter drawing near. The full story will be released together with the album as a book with translations in English, Finnish and German, and illustrated by the artist Teemu Tähkänen.

Winter's Gate is currently being mixed by Dan Swanö at Unisound AB studio in Sweden and will be out worldwide through Century Media Records on September 23rd. Mark your calendars! Upcoming tour dates for autumn and winter will be announced soon.

The band offered: "Needless to say, we are really excited at this point! Album is still in the mix but it's going to sound awesome and it will be something we've never done before. Rest assured that it will still sound like Insomnium - we have just taken epicness to new level. The book is also going to look really cool and both translations are very good, capturing the original mood and spirit of the story. So it's really one-of-a-kind package coming your way!"

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Insomnium
Posted: 20.05.2016 by Bad English

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 15   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 225 users
20.05.2016 - 14:05
BlackMetalDay

Excellent idea for this band to make a one-extra-long-song album like the Crimson albums from Edge of Sanity. Very exciting!
20.05.2016 - 14:38
Nikpe
Account deleted
Intuition tells me "In Moscow album will not sell"
20.05.2016 - 14:39
erat

Dan Swanö is here
----
Sick liaisons raised this monumental mark,
The sun sets forever over Blackwater Park!
20.05.2016 - 15:12
Gothmog_Motsham

Crimson 3 much?
20.05.2016 - 17:59
qnick90

Ehm, according to cover art it looks more like "Frozen" than "Crimson" trololo
20.05.2016 - 19:03
Fallen Ghost
Craft Beer Geek
I am so stoked for this release!
20.05.2016 - 19:20
LeKiwi
High Fist Prog
Like the rest, I'm pretty excited to hear this. Although at the rate Insomnium have been going I don't expect this to be a masterpiece of any sort.
20.05.2016 - 19:24
Ocean Sage

Written by Guest on 20.05.2016 at 14:38

I wouldn't worry. Why wouldn't it be sold in Moscow?
20.05.2016 - 20:06
Jagsey

I'dd love to hear a Insomnium single song album, hopefully this approach will work out for them.
21.05.2016 - 00:51
Nikpe
Account deleted
Written by Ocean Sage on 20.05.2016 at 19:24

Because ordering the album for sale is not profitable . now in Moscow , for example , Paradise Lost album is costs 3000 rubles(it's expensive) (released in Europe) . Its just not buying . There is a company that buys the right to re-release the album here. But they buy the rights only century media records. Insomnium recorded the album did not have century media records.
21.05.2016 - 04:15
Ocean Sage

Written by Guest on 21.05.2016 at 00:51

Written by Ocean Sage on 20.05.2016 at 19:24

Because ordering the album for sale is not profitable . now in Moscow , for example , Paradise Lost album is costs 3000 rubles(it's expensive) (released in Europe) . Its just not buying . There is a company that buys the right to re-release the album here. But they buy the rights only century media records. Insomnium recorded the album did not have century media records.

Wow, that sucks. I'm sorry Russians have to go through that. I hope you can find it somehow.
21.05.2016 - 05:30
Opethian

Last two album have been lackluster as fuck for me personally. Hope this one can deliver and Dan Swano is always a plus
21.05.2016 - 12:03
Reaper_Redeemer

Swano+Insomnium+Onetrackalbum=My psychosis
I am mad now...
21.05.2016 - 19:14
The Evergreen

Another good year for metal!
I'm excited to see what this change in direction sounds like.
24.05.2016 - 09:56
Stunning Cactus

Hmmm...Insomnium relies pretty heavily on pop chord progression to drive their songs. However, I'm glad Swano will be with them through this process, I think together they can make something extraordinary!

Hits total: 3346 | This month: 7