Metal Storm logo
Megadeth - Tap Dirk Verbeuren For Upcoming Shows

Megadeth have recruited drummer Dirk Verbeuren for their upcoming live shows. He will be filling in at all shows until Chris Adler rejoins them on June 28th. Adler will be busy with Lamb Of God. Dirk Verbeuren has been involved in numerous bands and is Soilwork's drummer but didn't pass up the opportunity. Soilwork will bring in a fill-in drummer in the meantime.

Dirk Verbeuren shared his excitement on Facebook: "Some pretty exciting news, right? I can't thank Chris Adler enough for his kindness. It's truly a huge honor to fill in for Chris in Megadeth, a band I grew up listening to. I'm so very grateful to Dave Mustaine, David Ellefson and Kiko Loureiro for their warm welcome. First show is tonight at Rock on the Range in Columbus, OH. Filling in for me in Soilwork is the amazing Bastian Thusgaard of The Arcane Order who also happens to be a student of mine. I know Bastian will do a fantastic job behind the kit! I will perform with both Soilwork and Megadeth at Sweden Rock and Graspop, and I'll rejoin Soilwork on June 26 in Italy and throughout the rest of The Summer Majestic. See you on the road!"

Photo: Hannah Verbeuren Photography

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Megadeth
Posted: 21.05.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 4   Visited by: 49 users
22.05.2016 - 10:36
psykometal
A staff guy...
Man. I want some new Scarve already. Quit fuckin' around and go back home to France already, Dirk...
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

22.05.2016 - 12:49
Darkside Momo
Retired
Written by psykometal on 22.05.2016 at 10:36

Man. I want some new Scarve already. Quit fuckin' around and go back home to France already, Dirk...

QFT
Alas, tension between all bandmembers were always pretty high in Scarve so I don't believe in a new album anytime soon...
(plus, I guess he makes enough money right now not to care about Scarve anymore)
----
My Author's Blog (in French)

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you"

"I've lost too many years now
I'm stealing back my soul
I am awake"
22.05.2016 - 15:33
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by psykometal on 22.05.2016 at 10:36

Dirk lives in the US and as far as know never lived in France. Before moving to the US he lived in Belgium (where he is from, of course).
So, home would either be Los Angeles, US or Antwerp, Belgium.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

22.05.2016 - 23:47
psykometal
A staff guy...
Well, "fuck you" to both of you.
----
~Zep, Database and Forum Moderation~

Hits total: 1660 | This month: 6