Metal Storm logo
Rush - These prog rock legends!

Original post

Posted by Anathemani@c, 25.03.2007 - 13:31
Rush are the first to play prog rock in that way.. I think you all know their offer to rock and even metal music world! Especially their alboum "2112" and "Power Windows" are simply great progressive rock alboums.. Share your views with me please!
05.11.2011 - 05:41
Mattybu

Written by tea[m]ster on 04.11.2011 at 06:22

Written by Mattybu on 04.11.2011 at 01:32

Written by tea[m]ster on 03.11.2011 at 23:12

Written by Mattybu on 31.10.2011 at 22:38

That image is way to small to make heads or tails of bro.

right click and "open" :0

True!

..Wow you did good on that.

Had a brain fart on "Working Man"....that's just awful, Argueably their most popular song!!!

Man Working Man is a real good one and one of my favourites. Whole debut album is just a true gem.
05.11.2011 - 17:22
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
VH1 Classic had on The Time Machine concert in Cleveland last night! I remember seeing that show thinking OMG the ENTIRE Moving Pictures album?? The Camera Eye?? I think I just peed a little...
----
rekt
28.11.2011 - 21:25
NLthrasher

My all time favourite band!!! I don't really know why, it's just the feeling I get with this band, there's not a single album I don't like.
Their newer stuff differs a lot from their older stuff but both are amazing. They just seem to do everything right in my ears. Geddy Lee has one of the most distinguishable voices in Rock/Metal history. And as a bassplayer Rush is like heaven.
07.07.2012 - 12:49
Valentin B
Iconoclast
This might not be anything new for die-hard fans of the band, still one of the best song intro's ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFGVDWc_5Q8
26.12.2012 - 23:25
AndMetalForAll
kual21
Extraordinary group!! These Canadian natives impress me for their freshness, and Clockwork Angels is an excellent piece of music. They are an example, and are the greatest band of all time alongside Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.
----
greets,
kual21
27.12.2012 - 00:12
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by AndMetalForAll on 26.12.2012 at 23:25

Extraordinary group!! These Canadian natives impress me for their freshness, and Clockwork Angels is an excellent piece of music. They are an example, and are the greatest band of all time alongside Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin.

Oh please stop this is pure flattery, you're making us canadians very proud They're a national pride.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
27.12.2012 - 00:52
AndMetalForAll
kual21
Written by Guib on 27.12.2012 at 00:12

Oh please stop this is pure flattery, you're making us canadians very proud They're a national pride.

They deserve it... It's one of my favorite bands, their discography is very complete. Rush are an example for bands that have half the years they have, The last two albums are an example of that!
----
greets,
kual21
27.12.2012 - 00:58
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by AndMetalForAll on 27.12.2012 at 00:52

They deserve it... It's one of my favorite bands, their discography is very complete. Rush are an example for bands that have half the years they have, The last two albums are an example of that!

True Still Im always happy to see people from other countries enjoying a national jewel
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
27.12.2012 - 01:00
AndMetalForAll
kual21
Written by Guib on 27.12.2012 at 00:58

Written by AndMetalForAll on 27.12.2012 at 00:52

If you want more flattering, check my review of their latest album... Pardon the publicity!! lol

greets,
kual21

True Still Im always happy to see people from other countries enjoying a national jewel
----
greets,
kual21
23.01.2013 - 02:19
stupid noob
Account deleted
Personally I think their songs are WAY too long and all over the place. I tried listening to an album from beginning to end and just got bored! Everyone always talks about how amazing they are and how awesome their music is, but all I get is TIRED from listening to 10 minute showoff songs. I only found out they aren't from the US like a week ago too! Crazy, I had no idea they had bands this famous from Canada.
24.01.2013 - 06:25
Boxcar Willy
yr a kook
Written by Guest on 23.01.2013 at 02:19

Personally I think their songs are WAY too long and all over the place. I tried listening to an album from beginning to end and just got bored! Everyone always talks about how amazing they are and how awesome their music is, but all I get is TIRED from listening to 10 minute showoff songs. I only found out they aren't from the US like a week ago too! Crazy, I had no idea they had bands this famous from Canada.

Well there are a lot of famous bands from Canada, so that's a pretty ignorant statement. Rush also has a ton of songs under 5 minutes. Prett much all their hits are, Freewill, Tom Sawyer... What do you think about those?
----
14:22 - Marcel Hubregtse
I do your mum

DESTROY DRUM TRIGGERS
24.01.2013 - 19:06
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Rush hasn't made a 10 minute song in over 30 years. And they only have, off the top of my head, 8 of them.
24.01.2013 - 23:01
stupid noob
Account deleted
Written by Boxcar Willy on 24.01.2013 at 06:25
Well there are a lot of famous bands from Canada, so that's a pretty ignorant statement. Rush also has a ton of songs under 5 minutes. Prett much all their hits are, Freewill, Tom Sawyer... What do you think about those?

I just can't think of that many famous bands from Canada! Rush is probably the biggest name I know from there, the other big names are all solo artists. I wasn't trying to sound ignorant! And I was exaggerating about the 10 minute songs. All I meant is that all of their songs sound so LONG because they bore me. That includes their hits, which are actually probably the only songs I've tried to pay more attention to since they're at least a little more catchy! Sorry if I upset anyone about the famous Canadian band statement!
25.01.2013 - 13:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 24.01.2013 at 23:01

I just can't think of that many famous bands from Canada! Rush is probably the biggest name I know from there, the other big names are all solo artists. I wasn't trying to sound ignorant! And I was exaggerating about the 10 minute songs. All I meant is that all of their songs sound so LONG because they bore me. That includes their hits, which are actually probably the only songs I've tried to pay more attention to since they're at least a little more catchy! Sorry if I upset anyone about the famous Canadian band statement!

I agree whit you because irdinary ppl will never know metal bands what are famose from Canada
maybe Anvil, Woods of Ypres, Brian Adams (most non metalheads think its HM) , Razor also can be one of them , then comes 3 Inches of Blood .... its all, rest is deep deep underground those who are in MA will know, those who are not deep in to metal never will know and besides 70's U would say its only band from Canada what I know whit out searching.
Hmm wasnt Neil Young orginary born in Canada?
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
25.01.2013 - 14:12
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by Bad English on 25.01.2013 at 13:22

Written by Guest on 24.01.2013 at 23:01

I agree whit you because irdinary ppl will never know metal bands what are famose from Canada
maybe Anvil, Woods of Ypres, Brian Adams (most non metalheads think its HM) , Razor also can be one of them , then comes 3 Inches of Blood .... its all, rest is deep deep underground those who are in MA will know, those who are not deep in to metal never will know and besides 70's U would say its only band from Canada what I know whit out searching.

bullshit post...

although not metal Nickelback, Celine Dion are HUGE

VoiVod, Cryptopsy, Martyr, Quo Vaids, INfernal Majesty, Exciter, Blasphemy, Bison B.C., Barn Burner, Blood Ceremony, Cauldron, Skull Fist, Devion Townsend, Strapping Young Lad, ZImmers Hole, Slaughter (the death metal one), Heaven's Cry, Sacrifice, Obliveon, JamesLaBrie, Kataklysm, Revenge, Unexpect.

All those are well known and quite well-known in metal circles and aren't deep deep underground.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

25.01.2013 - 14:27
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.01.2013 at 14:12

bullshit post...

VoiVod, Cryptopsy, Martyr, Quo Vaids, INfernal Majesty, Exciter, Blasphemy, Bison B.C., Barn Burner, Blood Ceremony, Cauldron, Skull Fist, Devion Townsend, Strapping Young Lad, ZImmers Hole, Slaughter (the death metal one), Heaven's Cry, Sacrifice, Obliveon, JamesLaBrie, Kataklysm, Revenge, Unexpect.

All those are well known and quite well-known in metal circles and aren't deep deep underground.

Mosty of those bands come in 90's but 70's and early 80's ? how many Canadian bands was there and known when you was young?
----

apos;'
[image]
25.01.2013 - 17:54
stupid noob
Account deleted
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 25.01.2013 at 14:12

You forgot about Justin Bieber too! Again, I wasn't meaning to offend anyone, I just can't think of many more famous bands or artists from Canada than those mentioned. (I wasn't talking about metal bands specifically!) I know of Kataklysm and Cryptopsy and Quo Vadis but those are bands I don't listen to, they're too extreme for my tastes. I still don't know if I'd call them famous though! Maybe just famous among metalheads.
25.01.2013 - 20:41
Azarath
Free as a.. Fish
Written by Bad English on 25.01.2013 at 14:27

Mosty of those bands come in 90's but 70's and early 80's ?

Bachman-Turner Overdrive.

Also, Shania Twain was huge in the late 90's / early 00's. Come On Over is apparently one of the best-selling albums of all time.
30.06.2013 - 01:13
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
----

apos;'
[image]
04.07.2013 - 17:52
tea[m]ster
Au Pays Natal
Written by Bad English on 30.06.2013 at 01:13

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=191915

Very cool indeed
----
rekt
31.07.2013 - 06:11
DyingWorld

I would consider some of their 70's albums "metal" but whatever, great band. "Moving Pictures" is the only album I own multiple copies of, vinyl and CD.
16.03.2020 - 13:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
From Twitter

Rush

@rushtheband
Just returned from Spring Break with my gKids. We are all self quarantining for 14 days. All travellers should. Looking forward to getting caught up on Netflix!! Send your top viewing suggestions. - Alex
----

apos;'
[image]