Metal Storm logo
Rush - These prog rock legends!

25.03.2007 - 13:31
Anathemani@c

Rush are the first to play prog rock in that way.. I think you all know their offer to rock and even metal music world! Especially their alboum "2112" and "Power Windows" are simply great progressive rock alboums.. Share your views with me please!
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
25.03.2007 - 13:34
Warman
Erotic Stains
I've never been very fond of the Rock genre, think it's boring and simple. Still, I once borrowed moms Rush album, Grace Under Pressure to see what it sounded like. And I loved it straight away! Great vocals and catchy songs. Rush is by far the best Rock band IMO!
----
25.03.2007 - 21:50
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@Warman: Rock to you might be boring and simple, but progressive rock sure isn't boring and simple man...

My favorite Rush album is a battle between Signals and Permanent Waves...both are pretty damn solid albums of Rush material...
25.03.2007 - 22:19
marillionfan
Account deleted
Rush is one of my favourite bands ever. Their music is anything but simple and boring (that statement really got me confused); I even enjoy their most accessible album such as Hold your Fire, Presto, Roll the Bones and Test for Echo. As far as I'm concerned, they've never released a weak album; they've never disappointed me.
26.03.2007 - 06:23
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@marillionfan: I think that his opinion was that he finds rock in general boring, not Rush...
26.03.2007 - 10:31
marillionfan
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 26.03.2007 at 06:23

@marillionfan: I think that his opinion was that he finds rock in general boring, not Rush...

You're right... although like you've already said - progressive rock is anything but boring or simple. Rock music has so many subgenres, I would never say "rock is boring and simple".
26.03.2007 - 18:00
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Guest on 25.03.2007 at 21:50

@Warman: Rock to you might be boring and simple, but progressive rock sure isn't boring and simple man...

Nope, I noticed that when I heard Rush for the first time!
And now they'll come here to my town in October! I'm thinking of going with my dad who also likes them!
----
28.03.2007 - 02:52
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Yeah, I really can't wait until they come here this summer...it would my first time seeing them live...
28.03.2007 - 21:26
heresiarch
Forever Dead
They are coming to Finland next october , guess who got the tickets hehehee
----
Heaven queen , carry me away from all pain

No reason to live for
One reason to die for

... To live for my death ...
10.04.2007 - 15:08
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
My hometown wanted them for a local event that features Canadian acts in the summer but Rush wanted $60,000 to do it...they were obviously turned down...I know that is usually the going price for such a band, but...
13.06.2007 - 00:27
Warman
Erotic Stains
I'm currently listening through their whole discography (in order), I'm currently listening to Power Windows and just heard the song Middletown Dreams... I've played it over 10 times in a row now. Damn what a great and beautiful song!
----
11.07.2007 - 11:21
Anathemani@c

Did you listen to their newest alboum guys? They do still release great alboums! Inspiration hasnt left them to their own fate!!!
----
Trapped in time
A miracle of hope and change
A swirling mass, no mercy now
If the truth hurts prepare for pain
......Do you think we 're forever???
13.07.2007 - 16:47
Warman
Erotic Stains
Yes I've heard the new album... thought it would be awesome when I heard Far Cry... but the whole album wasn't that good, okay mostly...
For me Rush was good (not only good, awesome of course) during the years 1975-1987. After the awesome Hold Your Fire they lost something (all the keyboards maybe?) and have been average since that, not good nor bad.
----
19.07.2007 - 18:59
Falco
Account deleted
Their new album is pretty awesome I think. Other than that, I've only heard the best of, 2112 and Rush in Rio (which is pretty damn amazing) but the new album has a great stadium rock feel to it, and it's quite refreshing too. For me it's in the top 10 albums of this year at the moment.
21.07.2007 - 05:54
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
They're new album...I don't know...I've been listening to it...the only song I like so far is the single...
28.07.2007 - 12:34
Omni
Account deleted
Rush! Love these guys! Own loads of their discography and I love it all! They blew me away the first few times I heard them, especially with their playing! I'd never heard bass or drums like it They really are dedicated, talented musicians.

I love how they changed their style so much over the years but still produce quality albums. However, I didn't really get into Snakes & Ladders when I heard it. I think I need to listen to it a bit more. I refuse to believe Rush could create an average album! "Good", at least...surely!
29.07.2007 - 06:52
Amethyst
Account deleted
Written by Anathemani@c on 25.03.2007 at 13:31

Rush are the first to play prog rock in that way.. I think you all know their offer to rock and even metal music world! Especially their alboum "2112" and "Power Windows" are simply great progressive rock alboums.. Share your views with me please!

Totally agree with that. Hey, everybody! Listen 2112
29.07.2007 - 16:07
Warman
Erotic Stains
I'm sad... I'll miss their next concert here in Sweden. I just don't have the money for it. I was ready to pay almost $120 for a ticket... but it's summer (have to spend money) and I had to buy tickets to Dream Theater, Nightwish, Apocalyptica, Dimmu Borgir and Sonata Arctica too...
----
30.07.2007 - 19:10
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Well, it is official, I now own every album by Rush. I had such a hard time tracking down a copy of the new album. For some reason, every store was sold out, or they never had it to begin with. What an amazing band.

The other day I was listening to the song "2112", oh my gosh! What a heavy song. People never really think that Rush is that heavy, sorry, "2112" is far heavier than most of the material from In Flames.
----
(space for rent)
01.08.2007 - 01:34
Warman
Erotic Stains
Written by Dane Train on 30.07.2007 at 19:10

Well, it is official, I now own every album by Rush.

Ahhh, I'm so jelaous! I actually only have Grace Under Pressure. But I recently deleated their whole discography (downloaded) from my computer so now I have to buy them if I wanna hear some of my favourites (no, I won't download them again).
----
06.08.2007 - 07:15
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
Heavier than In Flames Jed? Are you sure?
06.08.2007 - 20:59
Dane Train
Beers & Kilts
Written by Guest on 06.08.2007 at 07:15

Heavier than In Flames Jed? Are you sure?

If In Flames got any softer they'd start lactating.
----
(space for rent)
07.08.2007 - 04:32
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
I'm sorry Jed but there is no way Rush circa 1976 is in any way shape or form heavier than In Flames...I was listening to some In Flames today and there is no way that Rush's 2112 is heavier and saying that doesn't make me any less of a prog fan dude...
29.08.2007 - 22:09
Ellie
Account deleted
I saw them on Friday! Damn great Anyways I would have loved to hear them play Twighlight Zone..but oh well

I would have gone to that show with Hitler.
30.08.2007 - 11:46
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 29.08.2007 at 22:09

I saw them on Friday! Damn great Anyways I would have loved to hear them play Twighlight Zone..but oh well

Nice company for Rush concert
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
30.08.2007 - 15:09
Ellie
Account deleted
Written by Bad English on 30.08.2007 at 11:46

Hahaha and I'm Jewish..
30.08.2007 - 15:12
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Guest on 30.08.2007 at 15:09

Written by Bad English on 30.08.2007 at 11:46

Hahaha and I'm Jewish..

But I belive im greek, but now bec on topic
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
07.09.2007 - 06:50
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
So what does everyone think of their new album?
08.09.2007 - 19:29
baldur

Written by Guest on 07.09.2007 at 06:50

So what does everyone think of their new album?

i like it
09.09.2007 - 00:22
Kap'N Korrupt
Account deleted
@baldur: What do you like about it?