Metal Storm logo
Immortal - New Album Update, Demonaz To Handle Vocals

After last year's drama, Immortal is still alive. More, they've completed the writing process of their brand new album! According to their latest statement, the upcoming release "will be their darkest and coldest album in a long time: pure Blashyrkh metal the way their fans know it, with massive majestic riffs, grim frostbitten vocals and tales from they mighty realm. Fast and furious tracks, epic tracks and longer playtime than any of their previous albums." Founding Immortal member, lyricist and guitarist Demonaz is now also handling the vocals. They also accuse Abbath of using their songs for his solo album.

The band also says: "The massive fan support has been very inspiring and we will not let down the fans. The last year we have completed all the new songs and look forward to record our most passionate album in a long time. The songwriting process has been awesome and we are soon ready to start the recordings. In a time when true and origin Black Metal is nearly dead, the band is in ultimate spirit.

"After the last year's incidents it was time to go back to the roots to what this band is really about musically, and also to take the integrity of the band back to where it belongs. Cold, grim uncompromising Blashyrkh metal with a true feeling is what we deliver. From 2010 until 2014, Immortal wrote all the songs for the successor to All Shall Fall, but when ex-member Abbath left the band in 2014, he changed the lyrics, song titles and recorded these songs for his so called 'solo album'. We had to focus on making a new album nearly from scratch, which is the main reason why things have taken this much time. We are now looking forward to record the new album and present it to all those who have shown their loyalty and support. Immortal has always been a unique and unstoppable force, and that goes for our fans as well. We will never change our music or attitude. The album title and song titles will be revealed soon.
"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Immortal
Posted: 31.05.2016 by BlackEssence

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 16   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 303 users
31.05.2016 - 20:22
Necrotion7

I'm sure it's going to be better than Abbath..I believe him when he says that Abbath used those songs for his solo album
31.05.2016 - 20:24
AtrumHiberna

I don't know how to feel about this
----
This is my worship, this is my path...
31.05.2016 - 20:25
Mugthulhu

Who's playing guitar on the new album?
31.05.2016 - 21:08
FYA
Destroyer
Written by Mugthulhu on 31.05.2016 at 20:25

Who's playing guitar on the new album?

Demonaz. He's now guitarist and singer.
31.05.2016 - 21:09
Gothmog_Motsham

I have a feeling this is gonna be really good, the guys are pissed off at Abbath and that will probably drive them to create some majestic, hateful next-level black metal abominations ME-fucking-OW!
31.05.2016 - 22:20
sbgmetal

Wow abbath stole there songs for his new album and they still sucked? I didn't like the solo album so I hope immortal release something much more memorable
31.05.2016 - 23:02
cossaisVendeurs

I thought Demonaz couldn't play anymore because of something to do with his hand? Must have recovered. If he played on All Shall Fall then I missed that
31.05.2016 - 23:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I will judge this when I hear, comparing solo, I was a bit better in singing parts, we will see how Demonaz handles vox now
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.05.2016 - 23:22
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by cossaisVendeurs on 31.05.2016 at 23:02

I thought Demonaz couldn't play anymore because of something to do with his hand? Must have recovered. If he played on All Shall Fall then I missed that

yes but playing in studio is one, live another,
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
31.05.2016 - 23:54
cossaisVendeurs

Written by Bad English on 31.05.2016 at 23:22

Aye, yeah.
31.05.2016 - 23:55
flightoficarus
Stamp Tramp
The drama continues. Even so, I like the idea that this angst will help push this album to an even blacker level.
----
Daily underground metal recommendations at Metal Trenches.
Watch metal content on the Metal Trenches YouTube Channel.
01.06.2016 - 05:35
IBlackened

I believe this will be better than Abbath. Not that this is hard though.
----
Their old stuff is better.
01.06.2016 - 12:40
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
No, Demonaz. Find a vocalist.
Unless he's improved since his solo album.
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
01.06.2016 - 18:39
Alondate

I don't fucking care about their fight. All I care about is new Immortal music. Abbath's album is so awesome that I could not listen anyting else for weeks. Also, I worship Demonaz's album. It is one of my favorite bm albums of all time. So if Demonaz does vocals, I am all sold. Lastly, I hope they will record their album at Abyss Studios with Peter and Jonas. With all these, this could be the best Immortal album
07.06.2016 - 21:42
Malignar

Good luck to them. They are gonna need it. They didn't write much if any music for Immortal for a long time. I don't know why they had to bring up Abbath, again but of course they did. I just hope Demonaz can look past his injury (if that is possible) and write some good extreme metal.
18.07.2016 - 07:21
Lord_Regnier

Written by Bad English on 31.05.2016 at 23:22

I mentioned it a while ago in another thread.
However, problem that could happen in studio is sloppiness. If his condition makes his playing sloppy, it could take many takes to record the songs. Live, you can play a bit sloppy and it's not a major problem but in studio you can't play too sloppy.
----
"Why would we fear death, when life is so much more frightening?"

Hits total: 6246 | This month: 4