Metal Storm logo
Alestorm - Re-Sign With Napalm Records, New Album In 2017

Alestorm have re-signed with their label Napalm Records and promise a new album in 2017 to follow Sunset On The Golden Age (2014). In true pirate style, the contract was signed using rum as ink!

Here is what the band said: "AHOY! After 8 years, 4 albums, 1 live DVD, an EP and a couple of singles, it is my great pleasure to announce that Alestorm will be re-signing our record contract with Napalm Records. Seven years ago I was standing naked in the middle of a field at Summer Nights Festival in Austria, screaming at Thomas Caser (CEO of Napalm Records), demanding more money. Now here we are today... looks like our plan worked! Being pirates, we had to sign the contract using rum as ink, nothing else would do! Unfortunately we only had white rum left (all the good stuff had already been drunk), so our signatures are invisible. We'll leave that one to the lawyers to sort out. Expect the 5th Alestorm album to be released on Napalm Records in 2017! We're taking our time with this one, and it's gonna be good. Maybe. Cheers."

Napalm Records A&R Nadir Amrioui states: "We are more than proud of Alestorm and their remarkable success! 8 years ago we've received this strange demo CD of an even stranger pirate-metal-band. That was the beginning of a piratic journey all over the world. We at Napalm are so much looking forward to the next album. This is going to be awesome. It surely is!"

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Alestorm
Posted: 03.06.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 5   Visited by: 92 users
03.06.2016 - 13:38
zikon

Now this make me all giddy. Bring on new Alestorm \m/
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats
03.06.2016 - 15:29
Sword_Chant

I never knew they had even left Napalm Records , look forward to the new album though.
03.06.2016 - 15:48
blackmat

The last one was great, can't wait for the next one.
03.06.2016 - 15:59
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Written by Sword_Chant on 03.06.2016 at 15:29

I never knew they had even left Napalm Records , look forward to the new album though.

I don't think they ever left, I think their contract just ran out and they signed a new one.
18.06.2016 - 02:45
Ellinor

Looking forward to this. Last one was amazing.

Hits total: 5636 | This month: 5