Metal Storm logo
Fates Warning - Streaming New Single

Fates Warning have shared new music today! The July 1st release date for the much anticipated 12th studio album, Theories Of Flight, by the U.S. progressive metal pioneers is approaching. The band is now launching a lyric video designed by Cloud Music Typography for the album opening track, "From The Rooftops". Hear the 7-minute first single off the album now here and share your impressions. Not a bad start, right?

Vocalist Ray Alder had the following to say about "From The Rooftops": "This song is opening track on Theories. The lyrics in this song are about life, and how we only have one, we need to live it to the fullest. We can't hide from things we fear, we have to live, to take advantage of what little time we have here. Take chances, make changes and leave your mark on this world..."

Tracks:

01. From The Rooftops
02. Seven Stars
03. SOS
04. The Light And Shade Of Things
05. White Flag
06. Like Stars Our Eyes Have Seen
07. The Ghosts Of Home
08. Theories Of Flight

Source: insideoutmusic.com
Band profile: Fates Warning
Posted: 03.06.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 6   Visited by: 63 users
03.06.2016 - 22:16
Dave FC

Ok that's cool...
03.06.2016 - 22:36
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Boring song but much better as any later DT compositions
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
04.06.2016 - 03:35
DeathSlyzer

The production on this is so much more to my liking than it was on Darkness. This sounds like what I had hoped Darkness would. There's so much more power to this, even in the first section of the song. I also think this is way better composed than the stuff on the previous album. This might very well be one of my favorites from the year, along with The Astonishing and the Redemption album.
----
I sold my soul to any fool who'd buy it!
What's it gonna take to make you riot!?
05.06.2016 - 20:26
Nihil Aeternum

I was waiting 16 years for this.
06.06.2016 - 21:17
Dave FC

Written by Nihil Aeternum on 05.06.2016 at 20:26

16 years??? Personally I didn't like their last album (and I'm somehow a FW fanboy) but, dude, FWX is absolutely outstanding!
09.06.2016 - 00:42
Nihil Aeternum

Written by Dave FC on 06.06.2016 at 21:17

Written by Nihil Aeternum on 05.06.2016 at 20:26

16 years??? Personally I didn't like their last album (and I'm somehow a FW fanboy) but, dude, FWX is absolutely outstanding!

You are right, FWX is an outstanding album. Its probably a very personal thing that I do not have the same love for this album. I was also a bit disappointed by their last album, it just did not have this unique FW atmosphere except a few songs. So let's hope that the whole new album is as good as this song.

Hits total: 1773 | This month: 5