Metal Storm logo
Tbilisi Jam Fest - Orthodox Activists Shut Down Festival

Tbilisi Jam Fest in Georgia, headlined by Tiamat, has been shut down by religious fanatics. According to reports, several radical priests led several dozen ultraconservative Orthodox Christian activists on Saturday evening in an attempt to violently disrupt an open air festival on the outskirts of Georgia's capital city Tbilisi. The organizer of the event Vladimir Unanyants told a local website that 30 minutes after the concert began a group of people led by Orthodox priests appeared and tried to force the concert to shut down. Unfortunately, this is nothing new. The most recent case being Belphegor, who were attacked by a Christian Orthodox activist and forced to cancel their Russian tour.

"They were yelling and accusing us of organizing a mass sex orgy... Then, suddenly, the electricity went off. From what I've been told the owner of the venue cut it off," Unanyants said.

Unanyants added that the local Orthodox parish in the Tbilisi suburb of Zahesi demanded that the concert be shut down due to the fact the festival was desecrating a nearby cemetery.

The Ukrainian band Jinjer wrote on their Facebook page that the concert was stopped because a group of religious fanatics attacked the venue and cut the electricity: "Well, friends, there is some bad news worth sharing! For the first time over several years, Jinjer's performance was cancelled today due to the attack by religious fanatics. Tbilisi JAM Fest was disrupted because the monastery not far away (about 1 km away) didn't like it, the priests brought an angry crowd of believers and assaulted the festival area! Even though the festival had all necessary permissions by local authorities, the fanatics just cut off the electricity. The most shocking was that the Police was just standing aside and watching... It is sad to realize that in Georgia, the country which seemed to be civilized, religion has more power than the law."

Courtesy of Jinjer

The police eventually denied the protestors entry into the main staging area of the festival and convinced the priests to leave the area without further incidents. The organizers looked for an alternative site to stage the second day of the festival.

Source: georgiatoday.ge
Posted: 06.06.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 12   Visited by: 76 users
06.06.2016 - 14:09
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Funny Geo want to be part of EU and NATO ... and this happening, big minus in being part of boat organizations , orthoxia keeps people away from their goal, brings them closer to things they runaway
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.06.2016 - 14:17
Andreas
Guys were probably just disappointed that Stryper wasn't headlining.
06.06.2016 - 15:47
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Andreas on 06.06.2016 at 14:17

Guys were probably just disappointed that Stryper wasn't headlining.

I doubt those activists even know that band is Christians
----

apos;'
[image]
06.06.2016 - 18:17
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by Bad English on 06.06.2016 at 14:09

Funny Geo want to be part of EU and NATO ... and this happening, big minus in being part of boat organizations , orthoxia keeps people away from their goal, brings them closer to things they runaway

While I am not an Orthodox follower, most of my country is. And nothing like this happened in Romania. I know only of a God Dethroned canceled concert in 2007 or 2009 at Oradea. But that was more like an initiative of a local councilor during electoral campaign. Georgia, probably same like Russia has a problem with these extremist organizations.
06.06.2016 - 18:34
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 06.06.2016 at 18:17

Written by Bad English on 06.06.2016 at 14:09

While I am not an Orthodox follower, most of my country is. And nothing like this happened in Romania. I know only of a God Dethroned canceled concert in 2007 or 2009 at Oradea. But that was more like an initiative of a local councilor during electoral campaign. Georgia, probably same like Russia has a problem with these extremist organizations.

It happens in Poland to, but what actually outsiders knows much about metal?
Ro and Bulg is in EU even I say it was more political move, you still are not in Schengen. EU is not happy whit Poland now
Look at Poland and Behemoth case. But still this can be reason why we can blackmail countries to make human right issue better
Geo is most ready from eastern partnbership countries be in EU and NATO, but this don't give 'em +
same as homosexual hunting in Kiev year ago buy WP group,
Russia blows own bobble , they can even think football is evil if it would do and rise popularity of rules. Look at Eurovision when that Austrian dude won.

Its like Striper Gore and her 80's America bullshit ... its old thinking, but like I said what outsiders knows about metal?

Well to me we better focus on church how they hide pfedophile priests and so on ... just saying
----

apos;'
[image]
06.06.2016 - 18:44
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Btw my old man was banned as tourist visit monastery in Creta, because he had black t shirt whit drawning, no metal at all
His GF had shorts
they said women need have some shit around head as muslim women her, they left, monks was pissed, no money to them hahhaha

I have been almost kicked out of orthodox church in my origin country, I was hiding froma rain and I had biker Viking t shirt, some psychopath cunt said I am Satanist
I said I wont leave call a police, old bill came, and busted him, seems he suppose be in court as whitens, he did not show up lol

some swedes has been banned from monoesteries in Armenia because wrong look

I never had any problem in Milano in Dumo Church, Upsalla church , churchis in my oprigin country whit Lemmy type of shirts, black t shirt and so on .... just saying
----

apos;'
[image]
06.06.2016 - 18:45
It is not a surprise. Besides, It will not be the last event disrupted by religious fanatics. Seems pretty common in that part of the world.
06.06.2016 - 18:53
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by Bad English on 06.06.2016 at 18:34

It happens in Poland to, but what actually outsiders knows much about metal?
Ro and Bulg is in EU even I say it was more political move, you still are not in Schengen. EU is not happy whit Poland now
Look at Poland and Behemoth case. But still this can be reason why we can blackmail countries to make human right issue better
Geo is most ready from eastern partnbership countries be in EU and NATO, but this don't give 'em +
same as homosexual hunting in Kiev year ago buy WP group,
Russia blows own bobble , they can even think football is evil if it would do and rise popularity of rules. Look at Eurovision when that Austrian dude won.

Its like Striper Gore and her 80's America bullshit ... its old thinking, but like I said what outsiders knows about metal?

Well to me we better focus on church how they hide pfedophile priests and so on ... just saying

Romania and Bulgaria are not in Schengen for political reasons. Pretty much every country knows that at least Romania respects all the criteria needed to join Schengen. There are two countries though, that for political reasons refuse to let us in. Among them, the one who is most opposed is Holland because of our Constanta port.

In Poland it is mostly based on public speeches and some small rallies and that's it. I don't recall Behemoth having gigs cancelled because of religious mobs. And Poland is a catholic country. Not an orthodox one. Blackmailing countries is a bad idea. Because you risk having the population of that said country perceiving your actions as a sort of imposition. Which usually backfires. EU has been trying very hard to promote a gay agenda in Romania, sometimes aggressively. Result? We now have 3 million people that signed an act to ban gay marriages in the Constituion!

You have to take into account that what makes you ready to join such organizations is not your level of civilization, but reforms in some domains like economy, politics, environment and so on. These shit you mentioned are usually addressed later. Romania until 2003 I think punished with prison sentences homosexuality. And in 2004 we joined NATO and 2007 we joined EU. Even so, the rights of homosexuals here are not respected and not represented. And the fact that some people think Gay Parades are gonna change anything they are wrong. They only revived our extreme right movements which now parade at the same time on our streets chanting hate speech and neo-nazi salutes.

Eurovision is a bullshit contest. And I would bet with ya that if that guy wasn't trans he wouldn't have even made it to pre-selections. Still Russia is participating in it. If they would've retired I would've congratulated them. Not for there anti-gay speech, but for them boycotting this bullshit 5 minute-fame contest that promotes garbage. I am actually proud that my country was kicked out for debt reason. I even threw a party for that. Especially since a fatso with an affinity for cheesy rock music would've represented us.
06.06.2016 - 19:01
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
I don't wanna go off topic and talk politics, its tabu in MS; I don't wanna have slayer666 or ausieone destiny

I am not Romanian, cant judge,
I know Pol is chatolic but in Pol its well pope destroyed communism , regime, he was one of player and major influence why solidarity happened in Gdansk

That post was about Georgia not Romania

Problem is religion, true believers and so on

When Varg burned churches non of Norwegians acted, more was pissed because of historical values
Same time under age 20 people in Iceland, 0% believs world created God
in Swe true believers I say are 1% -10% ... this is how world should follow, and achieve ....
----

apos;'
[image]
06.06.2016 - 19:35
Kais
Nobody forced these stupid ultra-religious a-holes to these concerts.
Why can't they stay at their churches, and do whatever they please THERE?
06.06.2016 - 19:50
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Kais on 06.06.2016 at 19:35

Nobody forced these stupid ultra-religious a-holes to these concerts.
Why can't they stay at their churches, and do whatever they please THERE?

I have seen FB troll picture
Priest destroyed wall and walk into state property and says you should stay in your side of wall

I think EU would go deep progress if any religion be banned
----

apos;'
[image]
07.06.2016 - 10:04
MikkNoren
There was a festival concert late Sunday night where swedish Summoned Tide opened it up followed by Walkways from Israel and Tiamatt.
It was held in an old rockclub in central Tbilisi called U-bahn.

It was an amazing place with great atmosphere deep down under Tbilisi. The club was actually reopened after 10 years for this event.
The organizers Tbilisi JAM Fest did a hell of a job

MIKK

Hits total: 2122 | This month: 10