Metal Storm logo
Sepultura - Police Stop Band's Show In Egypt

This weekend was eventful in terms of cancellations (Rock am Ring, Tbilisi Jam Fest) and Sepultura fans in Egypt also suffered. According to Ahram Online, Police forces stopped their show that was planned for Saturday 4th of June in Sheikh Zayed. General Ahmed Hegazy, head of the Giza Security Directorate, told them that police forces stormed into the villa and physically stopped the concert after necessary permissions for the show were not provided. This would be their first performance in Egypt.

Hegazy added that security personnel negotiated with the organisers and asked the audience to leave the vicinity of the villa. The concert was slated to take place on Saturday at the Nile Country Club, but was later moved to a villa in Sheikh Zayed on the outskirts of Cairo.The organisers posted on social media shortly before the concert that it would still be taking place but would be hosted in a different venue.

A Nile Country Club representative, who asked to remain anonymous, confirmed that incomplete permits were the cause of police action.

He told Ahram Online that the Nile Country Club asked the concert organiser, Nader Sadek, to submit a list of official permissions from several official bodies, including one from the National Security Agency, a few days prior to the event. The representative added that that the organisers only delivered the permission of the Musicians Syndicate.

"We are a touristic location and we always have to receive several permissions. Other locations might not need all this paperwork," the Nile Country Club representative continued.

With the Nile Country Club declining to host the event, the organisers searched for another location in a private villa in Sheikh Zayed, which was announced to the audience shortly before the concert.

According to eye witnesses and assistants to Nader Sadek, shortly prior to the concert, police entered the private villa where the concert was supposed to be held and asked for the permissions.

When the organisers failed to provide the necessary documents, police asked the bands and the crew to leave and remove their equipment. Assistants to the organiser confirmed to Ahram Online that the audience left upon request of the police.

Nader Sadek and the owner of the villa were not available for immediate comment. Some eyewitnesses have claimed that the two were arrested and are currently being interrogated.

Privately owned newspaper Al-Watan reported that the Giza Investigation Bureau acquired information that the concert was going to take place in Sheikh Zayed. The report, titled "Police thwart Satanists concert", mentioned that three were arrested, including two of the organisers.

The band released this statement regarding the cancellation: "Unfortunately, the show that Sepultura should have done on 04/06/2016 in Cairo, had to be canceled a few hours before its beginning due bureaucratic unresolved issues between the local promoter and Cairo authorities. We're deeply sorry for the fans that were anxiously waiting for the concert, but these are legal issues that are beyond the control of any artist. We hope to return soon to this great country!"

Source: english.ahram.org.eg
Band profile: Sepultura
Posted: 06.06.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 13   Visited by: 154 users
06.06.2016 - 14:16
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Slayer did film video there in Mubbarak days, was law and order, well deadone would say ''wise'' worlds here, same his mate raspy
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
06.06.2016 - 17:34
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by Bad English on 06.06.2016 at 14:16

Slayer did film video there in Mubbarak days, was law and order, well deadone would say ''wise'' worlds here, same his mate raspy

The irony is that whenever a very despised dictator is overthrown, another guy comes that will prove to be even worse and then people will get a sense of nostalgia. In my country, those who participated on the protests that overthrew a dictator, would later march with his portrait on the street singing him praises and stuff. Egypt thought it would trade order and discipline for liberty and they got none of those in the end. Like going to the market to buy something, you get your cash taken but you still haven't bought anything. )
06.06.2016 - 17:37
Marcel Hubregtse
Grumpy Old Fuck
Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 06.06.2016 at 17:34

The irony is that whenever a very despised dictator is overthrown, another guy comes that will prove to be even worse and then people will get a sense of nostalgia.

Not Always. Case in point being your home country Romania.
----
Member of the true crusade against European Flower Metal

Yesterday is dead and gone, tomorrow is out of sight
Dawn Crosby (r.i.p.)
05.04.1963 - 15.12.1996

06.06.2016 - 18:07
ManiacBlasphemer
Black Knight
Written by Marcel Hubregtse on 06.06.2016 at 17:37

Written by ManiacBlasphemer on 06.06.2016 at 17:34

The irony is that whenever a very despised dictator is overthrown, another guy comes that will prove to be even worse and then people will get a sense of nostalgia.

Not Always. Case in point being your home country Romania.

Indeed, not always. But Romania is not a good example.

"Nevertheless, according to opinion polls held in 2010, 41% of Romanians would vote for Ceaușescu[60][61] and 63% think that their lives were better before 1989.[61][62] In 2014, the percentage of those who would vote for Ceaușescu reached 66%.[63]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nicolae_Ceau%C8%99escu#Legacy
06.06.2016 - 18:26
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Gosh if ppol don't know what Chasuesku was ehh
same time I just said in Egypt things turned worst after Mubarak, Slayer did 1991 video filming, should I say what video
I am not Egyptian, its not my country but whole region is turning worst after revolutions
All regimes there was based on arab nationalism and Marxism ideology ... well I am not Egyptians, not my country , I don't care, I just feel sorry , and Egypt should worry their tourism is crushed now , its money maker there

same time I suggest ppl look at Roro (ms user ) pics on facebook, life goes on and Cario , Aleksandria in luxuarry regions life goes on
----

apos;'
[image]
06.06.2016 - 19:29
Kais

Metal gigs get cancelled in muslim middle-eastern countries? NUH!

(A referance to Dubai officials stopping Swallow The Sun's "satanic" concert, I mean, satanic antichrist (muslim?) ritual.)
06.06.2016 - 19:48
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Kais on 06.06.2016 at 19:29

(A referance to Dubai officials stopping Swallow The Sun's "satanic" concert, I mean, satanic antichrist (muslim?) ritual.)

Well it happens and same time Dubai jumped into rich world because of oil . well they like football, but its about it .... I have many ppl what has been there and say its shithole looks good into movies
Only mid east country I wanna visit is Israel
----

apos;'
[image]
06.06.2016 - 19:56
Kais

Written by Bad English on 06.06.2016 at 19:48

Written by Kais on 06.06.2016 at 19:29

Well it happens and same time Dubai jumped into rich world because of oil . well they like football, but its about it .... I have many ppl what has been there and say its shithole looks good into movies
Only mid east country I wanna visit is Israel

You're always welcome here!
06.06.2016 - 22:34
Guib
Thrash Talker
Well that's sad for the people who were supposed to attend but eh, it's not Sepultura's fault. Promoters should've get their shits straight.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
08.06.2016 - 02:21
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
So Sepultura was supposed to perform in Egypt and I didn't know which sucks, and they were banned from performing in Egypt on their first time here which sucks even more :'(
12.06.2016 - 11:17
Dr. Strawberry

First of all Sepultura are idiots ! Where ? Egyp ? Egytph ? Egypt ? Where the hell is this place ?!
13.06.2016 - 05:26
selken
Irreligious
Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 11:17

First of all Sepultura are idiots ! Where ? Egyp ? Egytph ? Egypt ? Where the hell is this place ?!

I assume you are being sarcastic ... but you are right, it's definitely not a good idea going to places where religion is terribly blind and extremely punitive. It's a shame for all the people who practices a religion rationally, because all get misjudged.
----
13.06.2016 - 06:13
Dr. Strawberry

Written by selken on 13.06.2016 at 05:26

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 11:17

I assume you are being sarcastic ... but you are right, it's definitely not a good idea going to places where religion is terribly blind and extremely punitive. It's a shame for all the people who practices a religion rationally, because all get misjudged.

Yes, I am.
Just leave them alone, they're disturbed (in their point of view).
(There is no use to sell condom in Congo)

Hits total: 2523 | This month: 4