Metal Storm logo
In Flames - Join Nuclear Blast, To Release New DVD

Nuclear Blast continue on their path to metal domination as they just revealed another big signing today. After Paradise Lost and Opeth, now it's In Flames joining the label for the world except North America and Scandinavia. The Swedes have been working on a new album but they only mention for now that they are working on the release of a new live DVD. Their last DVD came out back in 2005, Used And Abused... In Live We Trust.

"In a way, In Flames and Nuclear Blast share a similar story," said vocalist Anders Fridén. "Both started in a garage in Europe, both love metal and both have grown a lot bigger over the years. For these reasons, it seemed a natural fit to come back to the place it all started."

"We're enormously happy that In Flames decided to return and trust in us for the second time - Nuclear Blast is their home again from now on. I remember well how their debut album, Lunar Strain, inspired me back in the days. I was totally fascinated by their great and absolutely unique blend of death metal with delicate melodies," commented Nuclear Blast CEO Markus Staiger. "One year later, In Flames signed with us and released eight splendid records over the years, including groundbreaking classics such as Whoracle, Clayman, and Reroute To Remain. In Flames developed all the time, reinvented themselves again and again and enthused fans of various genres with their always innovative sound. We're looking forward to the common future with Anders, Björn, Peter, and Niclas."

Courtesy of the label

Source: nuclearblast.de
Band profile: In Flames
Posted: 16.06.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 19   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 125 users
16.06.2016 - 20:50
Dargor

Can't wait for Babymetal to hop into the Nuclear Blast bandwagon! (pun may or may not have been intended)
16.06.2016 - 20:57
Joppe
Steelemeister
Weird that NB would want them, but I suppose NB prioritizes quantity over quality when it comes to albums.
----
My vision is augmented
16.06.2016 - 21:37
cossaisVendeurs

Everyone's getting signed to Nuclear Blast. They're easily becoming the new Roadrunner.
16.06.2016 - 22:10
zikon

Nuclear Blast = overrated. Fuck there's to many bands with them now.#lamesies
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats
16.06.2016 - 23:37
MyNameJeff

Well, In Flames is not gonna get any better either live or in studio...
No news here.
17.06.2016 - 00:36
EricAxel36

Only a literal nuclear blast can stop In Flames from releasing any more terrible albums
17.06.2016 - 02:01
MetalManic

Written by MyNameJeff on 16.06.2016 at 23:37

No news here.

That's the beauty of aging. Take em for what they're worth. I often wish bands would remain the same(ish) while I change, but damn, that's a tall order.
17.06.2016 - 02:02
MetalManic

Written by MetalManic on 17.06.2016 at 02:01

No news here.

That's the beauty of aging. Take em for what they're worth. I often wish bands would remain the same(ish) while I change, but damn, that's a tall order.

then there's Enslaved.
17.06.2016 - 03:09
Overrwatcher

That is possibly the worst band picture I have ever seen.

I always tell people that In Flames is my favorite band (in reality behind only The Agonist), but they haven't put out a good album since Come Clarity. Sounds Of A Playground Fading had a few moments of brilliance, but outside of that their stuff has just been dull and radio-modified as hell. I'm hoping for the best from their newest album (a metalcore edge displayed on songs like "Everything's Gone" that displays they've still got some power behind them) but expecting the worst. I don't have negative feelings over Nuclear Blast so the signing has no negative connotation to me. I'd take them over Century Media and how much they end up manufacturing bands.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
17.06.2016 - 04:35
IBlackened

No news here.

Changing is not the problem, releasing crap is.
----
Their old stuff is better.
17.06.2016 - 04:44
MyNameJeff

No news here.

Well if they made anything interesting I'd check it out! I have standards like everyone else and I might be pretty harsh, but
I would have no problem accepting their aging if they accepted it too and matured in their songwriting as well. I don't feel like they have accepted
that they're aging... and don't know if they intend to change from their musical path which I find very bland and immature.
There are so many bands that started average and became great, In Flames seems to have done the opposite.
17.06.2016 - 08:36
EmeraldSword

Written by Overrwatcher on 17.06.2016 at 03:09

Lol, yes! It looks like they were horribly photoshopped in.
17.06.2016 - 10:28
M C Vice
ex-polydactyl
Shall I repeat my Opeth comment?
----
"Another day, another Doug."
"I'll fight you on one condition. That you lower your nipples."
" 'Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"
17.06.2016 - 11:26
Overrwatcher

Written by EmeraldSword on 17.06.2016 at 08:36

Written by Overrwatcher on 17.06.2016 at 03:09

Lol, yes! It looks like they were horribly photoshopped in.

They almost undoubtedly were. The lighting on the band absolutely does not match their actual background, and their shadows are wayyy off. Ignoring the obvious Photoshop noob brightness/contrast, if it really were that dark then the (extremely bright) light would be visible in the background and they would have massive shadows due to the perspective.

I gotta make a checklist of why this picture looks so awful:

Heavy JPEG? Check.
Eye-bleedingly bad extreme contrast? Check.
The band members have absolutely no shadows on their body and looking like they were pulled over for DUI at 2 AM? Check.
Shadows that seem to be in an aura around them? Check.
Band standing around awkwardly and uncomfortably? Check.
The dude to the left acting like he showed up to the wrong set? Check.

In other words, send help, In Flames probably didn't join Nuclear Blast but are actually being held hostage by a third-world group claiming to be Nuclear Blast and their American base of operations is in Compton. Even Nuclear Blast doesn't stoop this level of awfulness and their production values are absolute dogshit.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.
17.06.2016 - 15:46
Karlabos
Meat and Potatos
That's a terrible picture indeed.
In fact the first time I saw it I thought it was a painted scenerio and not actual background
----
"Aah! The cat turned into a cat!"
- Reimu Hakurei
17.06.2016 - 15:46
Reaper_Redeemer

Written by Joppe on 16.06.2016 at 20:57

I suppose NB prioritizes quantity over quality when it comes to albums.

Exactly...
17.06.2016 - 20:18
Therapy?

New DVD, awesome! As much as I was disappointed by their latest effort, they still kick ass live and I've been waiting for a new DVD for quite a while. Suhweet.
17.06.2016 - 22:22
Maco
Pvt Funderground
I'm still waiting for Nuclear Blast to sign a band that is not active since the last 10 years and also, that is completely underground.
----
Crackhead Megadeth reigns supreme.
18.06.2016 - 09:23
Joppe
Steelemeister
Written by Maco on 17.06.2016 at 22:22

I'm still waiting for Nuclear Blast to sign a band that is not active since the last 10 years and also, that is completely underground.

Don't you mean 20 years and would that band by any chance sound exactly like this Jester Race album I've heard about. Where did that band disappear to
----
My vision is augmented

Hits total: 2081 | This month: 4