Metal Storm logo
Make Them Suffer - Premiere New Song And Video

Make Them Suffer are here to make you suffer again, in a good way, with their brand of deathcore. The Aussies have recently released a new song and video for "Ether". This new track will appear on the Old Souls & Lord Of Woe deluxe edition, available this August 19th via Rise Records. Enjoy the new song!

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Make Them Suffer
Posted: 19.06.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   Visited by: 31 users
19.06.2016 - 15:54
Sircheesewhistle

Hot dam that song was beautiful.
19.06.2016 - 23:02
zikon

This makes me want to suffer.
----
"The poetry of the earth is never dead" John Keats
20.06.2016 - 02:28
Overrwatcher

Okay, let me get the bias clear and say that Make Them Suffer is one of my absolute favorite new bands. Their debut took a tired trend (symphonic deathcore) but put real emotion and soul into it. It was one of the best-executed and most heart-wrenching deathcore albums ever, and a fantastic piece of gothic-influenced metal too. Old Souls was a fantastic followup that lead away from deathcore but upped the keyboards and female vocals (the two best parts of the debut). It proved they were here to stay, and that there are better choices for their sound than deathcore. Ovid's Withering is a good fit for symphonic deathcore, Make Them Suffer felt like the right band in the wrong genre.

Anyway, this is the path that we expected them to take, even further into metalcore, but what really surprised me is that they are not forgetting their deathcore roots. The post-chorus highs and the lows in the bridge are very close to their debut and the entire part feels like Neverbloom with different tuning. It's a great song, and judging from its location in the deluxe edition, it's intended as a bridge between their metalcore and deathcore stuff, and works well as one. It's heavier than a lot of stuff on Old Souls but a lot lighter than stuff on Neverbloom and their EP Lord Of Woe.

Oh yeah, and go look at the lyrics too. Everything they have ever made is all tied together and they put a lot of effort into making a cohesive story.
----
Overr's List Of Worthwhile Deathcore Albums

Written by Dr. Strawberry on 12.06.2016 at 19:43

Overwatcher, MS Xena, crumbled him in no time. MS needs you to kill the boredom in here.

Hits total: 1563 | This month: 8