Metal Storm logo
Alice Cooper

27.03.2007 - 09:30
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Wow, I did a search and found no topic simply to discuss Alice. Personally my favorite album would be 'DragonTown', that album really shows how much influence Alice had over people like Rob Zombie & Wednesday 13. Anyways...discussion time...

Note to mods: If there is already an Alice Cooper thread could you please send me the link before you lock the topic, because im surprised theres no AC topic yet.
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
30.03.2007 - 04:00
PrettyMao
I like to listen to him on the radio at night.... such a witty guy!!

There... someone finally posted in your thread, happy now???
----
The Mao loves you all!!!

**KISS**KISS**
30.03.2007 - 04:27
Danny Thomas
dr rock, i wish i had something inciteful to say, but sadly, i don;t own mcuh alice cooper, but if it makes you feel any better, i love the song bed of nails : P oh and if you could recommend any specific albums, i'll go check them out
----
Our children are dead. Burnt in the ruins that were left by war.
30.03.2007 - 04:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Danny Thomas on 30.03.2007 at 04:27

dr rock, i wish i had something inciteful to say, but sadly, i don;t own mcuh alice cooper, but if it makes you feel any better, i love the song bed of nails : P oh and if you could recommend any specific albums, i'll go check them out

Depends what your looking for, his early stuff is just like...garage rock pretty much, as far as early stuff goes, my favorite would be 'Love It To Death'. But overall DragonTown is my favorite (as previously said), its alot heavier than his early stuff, and has a less organic feel to it than the early albums (almost rob zombie-esque in a way). '-Goes To Hell' is a good one but its pretty light and ballad filled (besides the title track). I find the newest one 'Dirty Diamonds' a very poppish alt-rock type album and not really all that great. but 'Killer', 'Schools Out' and 'Billion Dollar Babies' never dissapoint, 3 solid album. I highly reccommend 'DragonTown' but its one of those albums you either love or hate.
----
- George Carlin
30.03.2007 - 05:15
PrettyMao
You do know he has his own radio show... you can listen to it on Q107 weeknights 7 til I don't know when... That's why I think he is such a witty guy, quite the personailty... plus he plays some good stuff... if you like hard rock stuff... and he usually plays one of his songs...

It is worth a listen every now and then...
----
The Mao loves you all!!!

**KISS**KISS**
30.03.2007 - 05:46
jupitreas
hi-fi / lo-life
staff
Im a huge Cooper fan. Obviously, nothing beats the classics like Love It To Death, Killer and Billion Dollar Babies but I do quite like his more recent work as well. I dont like his 'hair metal' albums though, they are way too overwrought and polished, not to mention that they lack the punkish bite of the early albums (yes, early Cooper is proto-punk, just like The Stooges and MC5)... The last two album I like quite a lot precisely because they have that gritty garage rock feel.

Dragontown and Brutal Planet are decent albums but it annoys me to hear Cooper ripping off the sound of Rob Zombie or whatever when he could be doing something more original...
30.03.2007 - 07:29
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by PrettyMao on 30.03.2007 at 05:15

You do know he has his own radio show... you can listen to it on Q107 weeknights 7 til I don't know when... That's why I think he is such a witty guy, quite the personailty... plus he plays some good stuff... if you like hard rock stuff... and he usually plays one of his songs...

It is worth a listen every now and then...

Yeah, He plays alot of Beatles.
----
- George Carlin
31.03.2007 - 03:45
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
I just picked up 'The Last Temptation' because I hadnt really much of it before and I dont see it in alot of stores, and I must say its pretty underrated, its like his early stuff but slightly more dynamic.
----
- George Carlin
08.05.2007 - 22:32
peavey
Account deleted
best alice albums to listen to is probably - love it to death , killer , schools out , brutal planet . The not so good albums are , dragontown, lace and whiskey, pretties, easy action. But apart from pretties and easy action alice has never done a bad album the above are just not as god for alice standads
10.05.2007 - 02:03
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by Guest on 08.05.2007 at 22:32

best alice albums to listen to is probably - love it to death , killer , schools out , brutal planet . The not so good albums are , dragontown, lace and whiskey, pretties, easy action. But apart from pretties and easy action alice has never done a bad album the above are just not as god for alice standads

I really dont get what wasnt great about DragonTown?
----
- George Carlin
15.05.2007 - 10:32
Xtreme Jax
Psycroptipath
Suprisingly he's doing another Australian tour, pretty sure he did one back here in 2005. Wasnt able to make that show (as did some guys I know whos van broke down halfway on the trip haha), but look likes I'll be missing this one aswell - which is very dissappointing.

$100 is a bit much for me at the moment, PLUS, thats only for the gig ticket... theres 2 hours car travel fee, food etc. Just cant be bothered to organise all that.
----

Hellcunt Smurf
15.05.2007 - 14:38
Judas
The Amputator
I only have 'Trash', it's such a fun album! I consider myself a fan, just from this one offering, and also because 'Poison' is the best song on Singstar 80s, and along with 'The Final Countdown' by Europe, I sing it all the time and break my own top scores!

As for his tour here, I'd love to go, but it's expensive, and I'll be on holidays in Malaysia at that time so...
----
"Once the game is over, the king and the pawn both go back into the same box."
25.06.2007 - 12:34
White Winter Sun
Laboratory's Rat
elite
Video footage of Alice Cooper receiving Mojo magazine's "Hero" award from Velvet Revolver guitarist Slash is available at YouTube at this location.
26.06.2007 - 21:24
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
i've been to his restaurant/sportsbar, Cooperstown in Phoenix before catching ball games... it's pretty funny.

www.alicecooperstown.com

the wait staff wear the little streaked eye make-up he made famous.

good eats and some good drinks.

i'm looking to actually buy a couple of the older albums, will probably get "Killer" or "Billion Dollar Babies." - always crank up his music when it comes on the radio.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
28.06.2007 - 04:12
MaidenVarius
Account deleted
He's easily one of my favorite musicians! He is very influential and a lot of his songs just plain kick ass! He must put on one hell of a performance too! I must admit I was so close to being able to see him live, but for some reason I couldn't attend, but my bro got to, and I was sort of jealous haha! He's amazing!
09.07.2007 - 01:47
SteelScream
Account deleted
Alice Cooper is the father of all that is Rock and metal PERIOD!
He is purely lethal, he is purely a god, and he rocks my world!
10.07.2007 - 13:23
diJana
Account deleted
Alice Cooper is one of my fav. And my fav album is "Trash".
And I should recomend his concert "Welcome to my nightmare" (1975). It's old concert but it one of the best I have seen. The best thing is interesting decisions on stage.
14.08.2007 - 19:48
Warman
Erotic Stains
I like Alice Cooper. It's really not my type of music but I've always repsected him. The best ever is Wayne's World! It's one of my favourite movie scenes, Wayne and Garth backstage at the Alice Cooper concert... "Does this guy know how to party or what?"
----
18.08.2007 - 20:40
Alex Smith
Alice rocks! He has his OWN style, and it looks good. Good music, nice shows. Rocks!!!
20.01.2008 - 12:48
Ellrohir
Heaven Knight
to Poison i can listen anytime
----
My rest seems now calm and deep
Finally I got my dead man sleep

20.01.2008 - 18:21
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
Written by Ellrohir on 20.01.2008 at 12:48

to Poison i can listen anytime

You mean you cam lsiten only till Poisen?

I agree nowdays he play extreem heavy metal, so extreem that 60ties and nowdays are 2 diferent Alice's
----
I stand whit Ukraine and Israel. They have right to defend own citizens.

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
20.01.2008 - 18:38
deadset61
Account deleted
Id have to say Welcome To My Nightmare is my favorite. I also saw him live in '05 with Cheap Trick
20.01.2008 - 22:19
Son of Odin
Alice - one of my all time fav artists/bands.
I have seen him at concert 5 times and I got to meet him for a few minutes some years ago also.
My fav albums with Alice:
Love it to death
Killer
Billion dollar babies
Welcome to my nightmare
Schools out
Hey Stoopid
----
METAL UNITES US ALL!
02.06.2008 - 22:22
DIO Is God
Account deleted
Alice Cooper is sweet. Always been one of my favorites.
11.06.2008 - 00:50
Gordon Freeman
As for the man himself he's all over Phoenix. He does a lot of really lame commercials for car dealerships and furniture stores and stuff like that. He is definately the most visable, non-athlete celebrity in town.

And he know's just about everybody in the rock and roll business. What I love the most about his radio show is the anecdotes he'll go into about how he and (insert other rock star) did whatever this one time back in 1978..
----
God Dammit Doug! Take off your hat, Night Moves is playing. Don't be a prick man!

http://www.last.fm/user/Axl_The_Viking
23.06.2008 - 03:45
Alice Rockz! Ever see him on the muppets?
06.05.2009 - 20:10
AiwiAstwihad
AiryanaKhvarenah
Influential....Sure. But i just don't wanna be there when he throws a live chicken at the audience presuming it'll fly and they tear it apart or bites the head off the chicken and drinks its blood or whatever else the incident truely had been....
----
You who will come to the surface
From the flood that's overwhelmed us and drowned us all
Must think, when you speak of our weakness in times of darkness
That you've not had to face
06.05.2009 - 21:10
BitterCOld
The Ancient One
admin
I've picked "Killer" and "Welcome to my Nightmare" over the past few months. Still really want "Billion Dollar Babies" but the record store, while carrying a dozen various Cooper disks, has yet to have it in stock. i'm not just going to solo mail order for it, so i'm waiting for it to eventually make it's way there. either that or i'll stop by his restaurant the next time i'm back in Phoenix and handcuff myself to the bar until they show up with a copy.
----
get the fuck off my lawn.

Beer Bug Virus Spotify Playlist crafted by Nikarg and I. Feel free to tune in and add some pertinent metal tunes!
06.05.2009 - 21:39
TheOwl
Alice Cooper rocks!!! I think it is the influence of many other artists and for some reason he is not cited that much!
I just love his 1970's stuff. Also I like the 'Trash' album as well! The funny thing with 'Trash' is that at the time it was released it was considered by many as a kind of 'poser', you know what I mean.... I guess maybe because it was on the radio & MTV all the time.... also me at my mates then times we were very much into thrash & death.... and not very open towards this kind of stuff
but now after all these years listening to it again, sounds really cool and heavy! (heavy in the 'hard & heavy' sense)!! Man! I just love it!
07.05.2009 - 00:55
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
staff
Written by BitterCOld on 06.05.2009 at 21:10

I've picked "Killer" and "Welcome to my Nightmare" over the past few months. Still really want "Billion Dollar Babies" but the record store, while carrying a dozen various Cooper disks, has yet to have it in stock. i'm not just going to solo mail order for it, so i'm waiting for it to eventually make it's way there. either that or i'll stop by his restaurant the next time i'm back in Phoenix and handcuff myself to the bar until they show up with a copy.

Thats funny, because here you can probably find it in almost any store new for less than $8, as with a good portion of his older stuff. Considering how much I listen to Trash, it was well worth the $6.99.
----
- George Carlin