Metal Storm logo
Evergrey - New Album Detailed, Release In September

We already knew that Evergrey would be releasing a new album this year, but now we know almost everything about it. It is being released on September 9th actually and their new studio album is titled The Storm Within. The progressive band is celebrating their 20th anniversary with the strongest album of their career, according to their label AFM Records. Nightwish's vocalist Floor Jansen also makes a guest appearance on the song "In Orbit".

Tracklist:
01. Distance
02. Passing Trough
03. Someday
04. Astray
05. The Impossible
06. My Allied Ocean
07. In Orbit [feat. Floor Jansen]
08. The Lonely Monarch
09. The Paradox Of The Flame
10. Disconnect
11. The Storm Within

"We went from having no intention of making an album at all to having all the inspiration in the world on Hymns For The Broken," says Englund. "Honestly, we've never felt better. The Storm Within is a massive album. There are no fillers on it and we've never been about that. I think the inspiration speaks for itself."

"As usual, the lyrics are based on someone or some event in my life," says Englund. "When we were making this album a lot of these relationship issues were going on around me; people losing a partner or a loved one and grieving. The Storm Within is about a search for identity, trying to make yourself full when you feel half empty, and I placed that storyline in an interstellar world."

"That was actually my wife (Carina Englund) thinking for me," Englund says of Jansen's involvement. "Floor is a personal friend and major Evergrey fan, so it was over a glass of wine between her and my wife, who asked her if she wanted to do the song. 'In Orbit' is a powerhouse of a song and it would be easy to make it the first single, but it's not the first impression we want to make. That said, it would be stupid not to release it as a single, and if we could get Floor to do the video, that would be a home run."

Speaking of Englund's better half Carina, she reprises her ongoing role as Evergrey's secret weapon on every album since they began, contributing vocals this time out to the song "The Paradox Of The Flame". In addition, Evergrey renewed their partnership with critically acclaimed video director Patric Ullaeus for The Storm Within, fulfilling the band's vision of creating the most cinematic album in their catalogue. Three clips were shot and are slated to hit the internet leading up to the official album release.

Source: facebook.com
Band profile: Evergrey
Posted: 24.06.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 3   [ 1 ignored ]   Visited by: 74 users
24.06.2016 - 13:29
BloodTears
ANA-thema
elite
This should be good! The last album was a step forward. If Englund is inspired, I hope something good can come out of it
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram
26.06.2016 - 11:30
The Evergreen
Another excellent year for metal!
I can't wait!:banger:
27.06.2016 - 20:08
WorpeX
Made of Metal
Cool! Not a fan of their being a second Everygrey song called the distance though. Regardless, I really liked the previous album so hopefully this is another step forward!

Hits total: 2073 | This month: 6