13. Septic Detonation
14. Rigorous Vengeance
15. Born To Party
16. Thrashing Is My Business... And Business Is Good [bonus]
17. I Just Wanna Rock [bonus]

Guest review by
Doc G.
Rating:
The Art Of Partying. The name says it all, there's no shocks or surprises in this album, what you see is what you get; in-your-face obnoxious crossover Thrash. Simply put, it kicks ass.

Opening up with 'Pre-Game' the mayhem ensues and it doesn't stop for a split second until the end. The mix of hardcore punk and Thrash vocals obviously aren't a high point on this album but they fit the top Speed/Thrash riffs perfectly. The title and the cover art (which is phenomenal by the way) doesn't leave much to the imagination as to what you're going to get. Not a very melodic experience to say the least. Though through the frantic guitar work and the yelling, a really sweet solo usually comes in to show people that there's more to the 'Waste then yelling and noise. Lyrics are another great part of the album, which is a huge surprise. The songs about mindless partying and pretty much destroying yourself actually have some poetic flow to them; "Tonight's the night we finally get to rip this place apart/and this is how we turn your boring party into art!", (yes I know, a very facile rhyme, but its better than a good chunk of hardcore lyrics). Even amongst the songs about partying there seems to be a deeper message; be yourself and do what you want! Even 'Mental Shock' is a song that seems to be a protest to capital punishment.

Read more ››
published 02.10.2007 | Comments (13)

Found in 20 lists
Top lists

Comments

Comments: 5   Visited by: 233 users
24.06.2016 - 23:08
Rating: 8
sbgmetal

This album is still a lot of fun after not listening to it for a while and its my fav MW album
03.06.2023 - 22:10
Rating: 9
AndyMetalFreak
A Nice Guy
Solid crossover thrash record, with a typical unrelenting flow, full of ferocious energy, and crazy breakneck riffs one after another. Seriously great fun indeed
31.07.2023 - 01:34
Rating: 10
Guib
Thrash Talker
This is one of the best Crossover album ever made and by far Municipal Waste's strongest release.
----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here
04.03.2024 - 01:28
Rating: 8
F3ynman2000
Nocturnal Bro
Written by Guib on 31.07.2023 at 01:34

This is one of the best Crossover album ever made and by far Municipal Waste's strongest release.

Well, finally decided to give this album a listen because of your profile pic. And man, it's awesome!
By the way, why "crossover" thrash? I don't get what the name means.
04.03.2024 - 01:40
Rating: 10
Guib
Thrash Talker
Written by F3ynman2000 on 04.03.2024 at 01:28

Written by Guib on 31.07.2023 at 01:34

Well, finally decided to give this album a listen because of your profile pic. And man, it's awesome!
By the way, why "crossover" thrash? I don't get what the name means.

First of, I'm happy you like this masterpiece of an album. As for the genre...

In short, Crossover Thrash is a style that dates back to the 80's when some Metal and Punk bands (mostly thrash metal and hardcore punk bands at the time) began borrowing from eachother and the line became a blurr between the two styles. Hence Crossover was born. You'll notice a more abbrasive and aggressive delivery and a staple of the genre is the short length of the tracks, again showing its punk roots.

Here's a couple examples of early crossover bands:

Discharge
Cryptic Slaughter
Suicidal Tendencies
Corrosion Of Conformity
D.R.I.
Cro-Mags
Dr. Know
Wehrmacht
Dayglo Abortions
Method Of Destruction
Leeway
D.O.A.

Check those out if you are curious and wanna learn your history through the art itself.

Hope that helped and have fun mate

----
- Headbanging with mostly clogged arteries to that stuff -
Guib's List Of Essential Albums
- Also Thrash Paradise
Thrash Here

Hits total: 10298 | This month: 122