Metal Storm logo
Witherscape - New Track And Lyric Video Unveiled

Today, you can discover a full new track from Witherscape's new album, The Northern Sanctuary, their second. Enjoy below the catchy track "In The Eyes Of Idols" in a lyric video designed by Cloud Music Typography. As usual, the Swedish duo Witherscape deliver a mix of progressive and death metal.

Multi-instrumentalist and producer Dan Swanö (ex-Edge Of Sanity/Bloodbath, Nightingale, etc.) checked in to comment about the song and the album's lyrical storyline: "There is a 50 year jump in the conceptual time line since The Inheritance. The Northern Sanctuary picks up where we left off with the The New Tomorrow EP. The main character 'Mannen i vitt' (The man in white) has now restored the house where all the horror initially happened and 'Fristaden i Norr' (The Northern Sanctuary) is open for business! He rents out rooms to people from the big cities, who are aiming for some peaceful northern Swedish silence. But the entity still haunts the house and 'Mannen i vitt' is possessed by it, so consequently he/it does terrible things to the 'patients'. Since the house is built on one of the gates to hell, there's a ritual taking place, opening the hellish dimension from where the evil entity once came, so it can go back there..."

Lyricist Paul Kuhr (Novembers Doom) fleshed out the story invented by the band and here are his complimentary own words on the lyrics for "In The Eyes Of Idols": "Daily life in the Sanctuary begins. Breakfast, social interaction, Aqua Therapy. The man in white struggles with his faith and prayer against the conventional methods he uses to cure the sick. Extreme procedures uncover oddities in behavior with the most severely mentally ill. Pushing the patients to their limits uncover 'Gifts' within the strong. Unexplainable, and beautiful, powers that Science Fiction is based on. Praying for the answers, the man in white is met with other thoughts..."

The worldwide release of the sophomore full-length album The Northern Sanctuary will be on July 22nd, 2016 (Italian street date; July 29th) via Century Media Records.

Source: centurymedia.com
Band profile: Witherscape
Posted: 25.06.2016 by BloodTears

Comments

‹‹ Back to News
Comments: 7   Visited by: 100 users
25.06.2016 - 19:01
phanto

This is some good shit
25.06.2016 - 21:53
Bad English
Tage Westerlund
This is awesome !!!
----
Life is to short for LOVE, there is many great things to do online !!!

Stormtroopers of Death - ''Speak English or Die''
apos;'
[image]
I better die, because I never will learn speek english, so I choose dieing
26.06.2016 - 10:52
Necrodamus

Excellent- as expected from a Dan Swano project
26.06.2016 - 22:55
Sircheesewhistle

That is some seriously awesome metal right there
27.06.2016 - 05:37
BloodJuNkie
Of Egypt
Pretty awesome!!
27.06.2016 - 11:33
qnick90

I was so afraid after new Belakor and In mournig let me down, but after two great songs aired since, I have stopped worried. Dan Swanö is the man!
27.06.2016 - 12:49
BloodTears
ANA-thema
I think we can expect good stuff on this album. It's sounding promising.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29

Like you could kiss my ass.

My Instagram

Hits total: 2374 | This month: 3