Metal Storm logo
Trivium

Original post

Posted by , 23.05.2006 - 05:50
well i think trivium is really cool .. really good good band.They are metalcore with some trash influences. however they are an awesome band with great guitarrists,nice bass and good drumming and well a good voice (some parts are really hard and you get bored) but i think THEY ARE AWESOME..I will see them on s.o.t.u with as i lay dying and cannibal corpse
What's your opinion about this band ?
20.06.2007 - 07:06
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
The Crussade is a great album, I don't care whet everyone ssys, that they sound like MetallicA, that they're nothing but sellouts, whatever. I really like them as a trash band, it's a great improvement, a great evolution for this band.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

http://jonas-bs.deviantart.com My dA, mainly photography, go check it out!
03.07.2007 - 15:08
OneWithMisery

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 20.06.2007 at 07:06

The Crussade is a great album, I don't care whet everyone ssys, that they sound like MetallicA, that they're nothing but sellouts, whatever. I really like them as a trash band, it's a great improvement, a great evolution for this band.

Well, good for you..but c'mon, from metalcore to trash? Not really, 'cause now their problem is that they're not metalcore, and they're not trash metal. Something in between...I didn't like them before, and I don't like them now.
----
Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'till it goes CLICK!
03.07.2007 - 19:39
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by OneWithMisery on 03.07.2007 at 15:08

Well, good for you..but c'mon, from metalcore to trash? Not really, 'cause now their problem is that they're not metalcore, and they're not trash metal. Something in between...I didn't like them before, and I don't like them now.

Many people calls the "New THrash metal". Maybe it's an adequate term, meybe it isn't. They're tHrash to me. And The Crussade is the album Metallica should have recorded instead of St. Anger. It's a matter of taste anyway.
----
"Nobody wants to be the weird kid, you just end up being the weird kid. You don't know how you ended up getting there" - Rob Zombie

03.07.2007 - 19:46
OneWithMisery

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 03.07.2007 at 19:39

Many people calls the "New Trash metal". Maybe it's an adequate term, meybe it isn't. They're trash to me. And The Crussade is the album Metallica should have recorded instead of St. Anger. It's a matter of taste anyway.

Yeah, they're supposed to be a tribute band to Bay area scene or something...although I don't like them, I actually think that as musicians they can absolutelly compare to Metallica, they have a lot of talent, no doubt, but you're right, it's a matter of taste..who knows, maybe someday I'll get over the whole metalcore thing they did in the past and actually start enjoying their music
----
Let me tell you something, pendejo. You pull any of your crazy shit with us, you flash a piece out on the lanes, I'll take it away from you, stick it up your ass and pull the fucking trigger 'till it goes CLICK!
03.07.2007 - 20:04
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by OneWithMisery on 03.07.2007 at 19:46

Many people calls the "New Trash metal". Maybe it's an adequate term, meybe it isn't. They're trash to me. And The Crussade is the album Metallica should have recorded instead of St. Anger. It's a matter of taste anyway.

Yeah, they're supposed to be a tribute band to Bay area scene or something...although I don't like them, I actually think that as musicians they can absolutelly compare to Metallica, they have a lot of talent, no doubt, but you're right, it's a matter of taste..who knows, maybe someday I'll get over the whole metalcore thing they did in the past and actually start enjoying their music

Hopefully that will happen. You will find they are indeed a good band. Really talented, with great solos, and pretty cool videos and stuff.
----

04.07.2007 - 00:06
OneWithMisery

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 03.07.2007 at 20:04

Written by OneWithMisery on 03.07.2007 at 19:46

Hopefully that will happen. You will find they are indeed a good band. Really talented, with great solos, and pretty cool videos and stuff.

Listened to them..Talented, great solos, I have to admit, but it's just not my type of music. Not something I would listen to every free minute of my life, but not bad.
----
17.07.2007 - 02:18
Dan066
Account deleted
Written by SteTech on 25.05.2006 at 14:01

I first heard Like Light To Flies about a year ago and it blew me away, but over time the amount of hype they've been getting just puts me off them now, and after hearing the number of metalcore bands that sound exactly the same, I just hate the scene with a passion. I'm sure there are some good metalcore bands if you dig deep enough. I got Himsa's new album recently and it sure is better than Ascendency.

It sucks the fact Trivium are supporting Maiden this Winter, all those metalcore kids will be beating each other senseless throughout the whole night!

Did you hear about the guys at the Maiden concert who threw water baloons filled with piss at trivium in the middle of the concert?
17.07.2007 - 18:24
SteTech

Written by Guest on 17.07.2007 at 02:18

Written by SteTech on 25.05.2006 at 14:01

I first heard Like Light To Flies about a year ago and it blew me away, but over time the amount of hype they've been getting just puts me off them now, and after hearing the number of metalcore bands that sound exactly the same, I just hate the scene with a passion. I'm sure there are some good metalcore bands if you dig deep enough. I got Himsa's new album recently and it sure is better than Ascendency.

It sucks the fact Trivium are supporting Maiden this Winter, all those metalcore kids will be beating each other senseless throughout the whole night!

Did you hear about the guys at the Maiden concert who threw water baloons filled with piss at trivium in the middle of the concert?

I did actually, serves them right for being shit. I'm sure it's been mentioned already somewhere in this thread
05.11.2007 - 01:58
Soliloquy

i dont get why some people hate this band...nor do i get how the band gets a 'poser' image....someone explain?

i dont really have a particular opinion on trivium. i do know that some people who dont listen to metal(but rock/rap/experimental stuff) tend to love trivium. and also noticed that metalheads seem to hate this band for some reason or the next...

but i do say that i love some of their guitar stuff. and their bass solo on their latest signle 'becoming the dragon' is pretty cool...well, the whole song is really cool
----

now get on your knees and worship me!
-Zakk Wylde
18.11.2007 - 21:47
vusza

I don't get it why people always spell "trash metal" instead of thrash metal. We all know the first one means rubbish/ garbage and that is scurrilous. =)
----
No guts, no glory.
18.11.2007 - 22:22
Smurfophagist

Trivium is a great band if you ask me. I am also sick of these spelling errors. It's thrash metal. Even though Trivium isn't completely thrash. I thought they were metalcore.
----
Having a signature is an absolute must.
03.12.2007 - 23:58
Bow To Cheese!!!
Account deleted
I really hate the members of this band, especilly the vocalist. The vocalist said on interviews that he wants Trivium to be the new Metallica and have the same style as them, holy make up your own damn style and stop trying to copy your idols, reminds me of teenage girls that try to dress/look/act like Brittney Spears because they idolize her. And I believe he said Trivium's style is Thrash Metal, Thrash Metal my ass they're full blown metalcore. Their new style has elements of Thrash but not enough to be Thrash, people who think Trivium is Thrash honestly get your ears checked. I heard they suck live too....

Muscially they're "ok" but the vocalist needs a head examination. (no offence to any fans, that's just how I feel about them)
06.12.2007 - 20:02
Lord TJ

I got a copy of "Ember To Enferno" from my girlfriend. IT SUCKS! Every song is about the same pattern, I hate the chorus parts, it always sounds the same!
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
07.12.2007 - 05:10
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Lord TJ on 06.12.2007 at 20:02

I got a copy of "Ember To Enferno" from my girlfriend. IT SUCKS! Every song is about the same pattern, I hate the chorus parts, it always sounds the same!

Yeah their first album is pretty lame. Try Ascensancy, their 2nd. It's pretty cool. And obviously The Crussade..
----

07.12.2007 - 15:13
In Chaos

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 07.12.2007 at 05:10

Written by Lord TJ on 06.12.2007 at 20:02

Yeah their first album is pretty lame. Try Ascensancy, their 2nd. It's pretty cool. And obviously The Crussade..

I don't find ember to infrerno that bad. sure there is some lame songs, but there is also a few good songs on that album.
07.12.2007 - 18:31
Lord TJ

And obviously The Crussade..

I heard that album is of the worst, and they try to sound like Metallica.
----
Visit the "Black Metal Page" on facebook, my page delivers everything black metal - Memes - Music - Humor - Interviews - Discussion.

https://www.facebook.com/TheBMPage
08.12.2007 - 03:56
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Lord TJ on 07.12.2007 at 18:31

And obviously The Crussade..

I heard that album is of the worst, and they try to sound like Metallica.

Actually is a pretty good album. Yes they spound like Metallica, but like Metallica should have sounded in St. Anger. It's a great album, I mean it, you should give it a try.
----

08.12.2007 - 04:48
bluemobiusx
Account deleted
I think Trivium needs to step it up, they are good musicians, but they haven't composed anything great yet. They just rip off a lot of riffs and stuff.
10.12.2007 - 22:46
IllNiñoSweden

I like Trivium, because they have very good guitar.
And I have heard two tracks from the album THE CRUSADE it is very good tracks.
12.12.2007 - 14:23
IllNiñoSweden

Trivium was very good on THE BLACK CRUSADE in Stockholm.
13.08.2008 - 03:39
superDBZman
Account deleted
Written by Guest on 30.07.2008 at 01:35

It' s a great band with future.Awesome guitarwork and great vocals!!!

Trivium downright sucks, one of the worst bands ive ever listened too:thumbdown:
13.08.2008 - 04:47
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
Written by Guest on 30.07.2008 at 01:35

It' s a great band with future.Awesome guitarwork and great vocals!!!

Exactly. They have good fututre if they ontinu on this path. They may sound like a Metallica rip off at the moment, but I know they'll find their own unique sound. They have deffinitely evolved, I mean "Ember to inferno" was pretty lame IMO. Ascendancy was pretty enjoyable and The Crussade is very good... So yes they are evolving...
----

16.08.2008 - 01:35
hardRAWKR
Account deleted
Trivium...
They made a decent song.
And then they released it again with different lyrics.
Over and over again.
DX
18.08.2008 - 06:40
+{Jonas}+
I R Serious Cat
That is called sticking to a style.
----

25.08.2008 - 01:31
Fiddlewench
Account deleted
What is a topic on this band doing in an extreme metal forum? Bah.
25.08.2008 - 04:16
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by +{Jonas}+ on 18.08.2008 at 06:40

no, it's called lack of inspiration.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
25.08.2008 - 04:34
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Damnated on 25.08.2008 at 04:16

Written by +{Jonas}+ on 18.08.2008 at 06:40

no, it's called lack of inspiration.

Wonder what "inspired" them onto James Hetfields c*ck?
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
25.08.2008 - 04:36
Damnated
Churchburner
Written by Doc G. on 25.08.2008 at 04:34

that's just it. one doesn't need inspiration to copy Metallica. what needs inspiration is to copy something less obvious.
----
Blessed is he that murders Christ in himself and in his fellow men.

Written by TheBigRossowski on 10.02.2009 at 16:01

if my wife and I can't conceive, I want a medical shipment of your sperm so our baby will be just like you.
25.08.2008 - 04:59
Doc G.
Full Grown Hoser
Written by Damnated on 25.08.2008 at 04:36

Written by Doc G. on 25.08.2008 at 04:34

that's just it. one doesn't need inspiration to copy Metallica. what needs inspiration is to copy something less obvious.

Yeah, even Anthrax would have been a better idea, at least then the basslines may have turned out cool. And this isn't out of ignorance, I had a friend who was obsessed with this album, unfortunately he was my chauffeur so I've actually sat through it in its entirety multiple times. The lead singer even copies James Hetfields signature "Yeahs!" that are thrown in here and there. Most 14 year olds in their first knock-off bands know better than to rip off a band of Metallicas fame. (most peoples first bands are generally very unoriginal knock-offs of their favorite bands)
----
"I got a lot of really good ideas, problem is, most of them suck."
- George Carlin
25.08.2008 - 22:02
X-Ray Rod
Skandino

They're trash to me.

Yeah... They are completely TRASH. [Sorry, Couldn't resist jejeje ]

It's Thrash, not trash. But they are both anyway
Ok... Getting serious:
I listened to them a while ago. And I'm sure, they are bad IMO. But the tr00 metal kitties really piss me off, specially on the privous page. Trivium is Thrash, a bad one... but still. Guys, Don't be too fucking narrow-minded and try to have the balls to accept it.

PS: Jonas, No offense [seriously] but the fact that a band make the same song every time with different lyrics it's NOT sticking to a style . That's the worst way to defend an unoriginal band tbh.
----
Written by BloodTears on 19.08.2011 at 18:29
Like you could kiss my ass
Written by Milena on 20.06.2012 at 10:49
Rod, let me love you.